Brent Moloney Departing MFC

Dr. Mubutu

My understanding of BM's position is that MFC can choose to match another club's offer. If they do, then BM can choose to stay or go. If he goes, then MFC's compensation pick is determined by an AFL formula.

It seems that Brent just doesn't suit Neeld's needs . Moloney has been an 'Attacking' midfielder his entire career and realistically , Neeld was never going to be able to change that . It hasn't worked out but not every coach is the same and not all teams play the same style .

A 'big bodied' attacking midfielder like Brent could be just the type of player that could fill a clubs needs . Ironically , our club needs that type of player . The knock on Moloney (previously) was that he didn't play 'Great' against the good sides . But none of our players have done that in the last 6 years (consistently) .

If he goes , I wish him all the best .

The "6 clubs are interested" line will no doubt be a fabrication by his shifty manager.

You may be correct in part RR, but that would be 'good management'. My memory is that PA and Essendon were definitely interested, and Sydney would also be logical, as referred to earlier. I would be surprised if there weren't more.

Who has treated him with disdain? I hope you're not referring to the MFC, the club who showed faith in him by bringing him to the club, the club that's paid him extremely well for however many years he's been there, the club that elevated him to the vice captaincy (only to for him to make a mockery of it with his booze fuelled buffoonery), the club that selected him in 19 games this season for absolutely bugger all return.

Let Brent Moloney start taking responsibility for Brent Moloney.

Yep the same club! And to restate

Brett Moloney did take responsibility for not only himself but also mentoring the younger dees with his camps, The same BM who stuffed up for the incident with Booze took his medicine and still found himself "On the Outer" The same BM who has struggled against a flawed football plan that God knows will be found wanting by the time the footy dept actually works out what, how, when and who can actually carry it out ! BM will return bigger bolder and better than ever. And who will start whinging then ? eh?

Belief in Neeld, his game plan and people management ?? Well this jury is well and truly OUT on that one!

I'm with RR on this - scary but true. What is this business about somehow Moloney should be aggrieved or he has been hard done by by the MFC and specifically Neeld. Neeld played him almost all season, only dropping him near the end of the season, when on form he easily could have been dropped way earlier.

Even if there was a big chance he was going to go Neeld gave him the chance to maximise how much another club would offer him (which we would had to match if we wanted to keep him). As someone about to come a RFA this was a fantastic opportunity. If Neeld wanted to make life hard for him he could had left him at Casey all season.

So he was dropped from the leadership group. So what? Don't forget he was also dropped from the leadership group the year before by a differnt coach for getting smashed and allegedly urinating on a bar.

So was was Green who also lost the captaincy. Green was also dropped form the senior side half through the season. Did he drop his head? No he continued to give it his best all season. Moloney on the other hand, despite being a professional footballer clearly did not. Other senior player like Rivers and Jamar have been terrific. Moloney's response to being dropped was to sulk and show absolutely zero on field leadership (and by most acconts the same could be said for his off field leadership). Put bluntly he as been [censored] poor this year.

He doesn't like Neeld or the direction the club is taking? His nose is out of joint? Doesn't like the roles he been asked to play? So bloody what. He's a professional - if he's happy to cash the cheques then rise above stuff like that, play to the best of your ability and look to move on at seasons end.Not sulk, point and not put in. And to to top it off he has authourised his manager to shop him mid season and tlak about going to Port to mentor young players. I mean really.

I thought he loved the club, bleeds red and blue yada, yada, yada. Funny way of showing it. What about his responsibility to the supporters, to the club? Neeld isn't the club, he's the coach. Don't like him. Fine, suck it up, if selected for the seniors play like your life depends on it and then move on.

I'm sorry I've lost alot of respect for him this year. Six clubs might want him (though i really doubt it, more likely his nuffie manager is putting out rubbish again) but i would bet London to a house brick that whatever club he goes to next year he will be on less coin than he has been this year. Which will say alot about how he is rated.

So what is that the dees have supposedly done to poor little Beamer? Can someone explain?

To clarify the RFA rules. If we match an offer from another club we keep him - or he can put himself in the draft (or presumably we could, if we matched the offer, trade him, though i'm not sure about that). He can't choose to go in that scenario - otherwise there would be no difference to an unrestricted free agency. He will be offered a smaller salary than the one he is currently on IMO - as he should given the year he has had (which it should be noted has been injury free)

• Like 1

Another unsubstantiated channel 7 rumour story?

I am not convinced that he is going anywhere.

Next.

Slightly off topic how could anyone watch the 7 news? 7's good for the footy and that's about it...and aboiut a million zillion ads and adjectives

So yet another player has been unable to adjust to the Neeld plan....!

I can see why you empathise with Brent.

I'm with RR on this - scary but true. What is this business about somehow Moloney should be aggrieved or he has been hard done by by the MFC and specifically Neeld. Neeld played him almost all season, only dropping him near the end of the season, when on form he easily could have been dropped way earlier.

Even if there was a big chance he was going to go Neeld gave him the chance to maximise how much another club would offer him (which we would had to match if we wanted to keep him). As someone about to come a RFA this was a fantastic opportunity. If Neeld wanted to make life hard for him h ecould had left him at Casey all season

So he was dropped from the leadership group. So what? Don't forget he was also dropped from the leadership group the year before by a differnt coach for getting smashed and allegedly urinating on a bar.

So was was Green who also lost the captaincy. Green was also dropped form the senior side half through the season. Did he drop his head? No he continued to give it his best all season. Moloney on the other hand, despite being a professional footballer clearly did not. Other senior player like Rivers and Jamar have been terrifuc. Moloney's response to being dropped was to sulk and show absolutely zero on field leadership (and by most accounts the same could be said for his off field leadership). Put bluntly he as been [censored] poor this year.

He doesn't like Neeld or the direction the club is taking? His nose is out of joint? Doesn't like the roles he been asked to play? So bloody what. He's a professional - if he's happy to cash the cheques then rise above stuff like that, play to the best of your ability and look to move on at seasons end.Not sulk, point and not put in. And to to top it off he has authourised his manager to shop him mid season and tlak about going to Port to mentor young players. I mean really.

I thought he loved the club, bleeds red and blue yada, yada, yada. Funny way of showing it. What about his responsibility to the supporters, to the club? Neeld isn't the club, he's the coach. Don't like him. Fine, suck it up, if selected for the seniors play like your life depends on it and then move on.

I'm sorry I've lost alot of respect for him this year. Six clubs might want him (though i really doubt it, more likely his nuffie manager is putting out rubbish again) but i would bet London to a house brick that whatever club he goes to next year he will be on less coin than he has been this year. Which will say alot about how he is rated.

So what is that the dees have supposedly done to poor little Beamer? Can someone explain?

Time will tell.

Can anyone categorically say that BM has spat the dummy as a result of his treatment? Can anyone out there say for fact they know intrinsically that he has spat the dummy? Because if no one can then reality is that he must be given the benefit of the doubt in my book!

What is wrong with the Neeld lovers on demonland!

We have a proven good player over several years - one year with Neeld and there are problems.

Net effect MFC loses a good player - good players don't just lose their talent overnight, but they can become disenchanted.

We had the same scenario with Bailey and McLean, Jolly and Daniher. It happens at other clubs as well. Some don't adapt to or like change. This isn't a unique, or neccesarily Neeld issue.

My understanding of BM's position is that MFC can choose to match another club's offer. If they do, then BM can choose to stay or go. If he goes, then MFC's compensation pick is determined by an AFL formula.

Correct. Only thing your missing is even if we match the offer then he can still go either by way of the draft or through a trade which I reckon will be the likely outcome.

Correct. Only thing your missing is even if we match the offer then he can still go either by way of the draft or through a trade which I reckon will be the likely outcome.

Understand TD - was trying to keep it simple - the twists and turns are complex.

I'm dumbfounded !! here we have our current B&F winner, hard in and under ( something we ah... lack) and by the sounds of it many of you are just happy to say see ya! Gees no wonder our club is struggling!

Over and out for the night sheeesh!

This is ironic after his speech about McLean and the 'straight line'. He had minimal impact this season so it's no big loss. The bright side is that now we have a huge amount of cap space for the Free Agency and Trade period. The positives far outweigh the negatives here.

• Like 1

I don't know about the trade bit. Are you sure? Even if if it is technically possible i can't see how it would work in practice. If we made him an offer, which he accepted, in order to trade him to another club, then couldn't get a trade done we would be stuck with him. Not a scenario club or player would be happy with.

Like Cloke Molnoey may have snookered himself. What club will be be prepared to play top dollar for a player who is slow and is coming off a poor year. His form is completely exposed - unlike a player who has been playing seconds beucase he is on the outer. Ask the question - where will he come in this years bluey? Top 10? No? Why is that, given he has been injury free, is a mid fielder in a side with a weak midfield and is in the prime of his footy life.