Beamer ... Nothin' but a Dreamer?

Range Rover

If Essendon want Caddy and Gold Coast want older midfielders and we want KP forwards, is the following a workable trade?

• Moloney to Gold Coast
  • Caddy to Essendon
  • Bellchambers / Gumbleton / Hooker (?) to Melbourne

I can't speak much of Essendon's talls. But I know they have a few with ability and I know they are jostling to hold down spots.

I've just bumped the Josh Caddy thread in the Double Dip board.

And I've discussed whether Essendon would be prepared to offer up their first round pick to trump us. At the moment they're in free fall meaning they could well trump our mid first round pick (~12).

As for Moloney, his form hasn't exactly helped himself, nor our bargaining power.

edit: Just realised Essendon cannot use their first rounder, because that will be their F/S pick for Daniher. Will have to be a player of sorts.

It was a speculative suggestion and not to be read in absolutes.

Yet, I didn't think Moloney had that much value among some of you? Like DA said, probably the best part of that trade would be Moloney's exile.

Agree.

My view is if both Moloney and Caddy were sitting on a trade value see-saw, Caddy's feet would be planted on the ground.

Unless Essendon offer up something good for GC, they're out of the picture.

• Like 1

moloney was told to trim down by neeld and misson. didn't listern to a word and is now paying the price for it. his own doing why his form is shite!

Where did you hear that tid bit? Interesting if true.

I recall seeing somewhere that the time between stoppage has decreased significantly this year (ie umps bouncing/throwing the ball up a lot quicker) compared to last season and this minor thing is one of the reasons why you'd need not carry as much bulk, to get to the next contest.

thats all well and good ....if....IF...youre actuallyu doing your own job first. He ISNT !! grow some eyes mate

well if you read my previous post you'll SEE that he is being played out of position, to help his development/develop other mids.

So going by your theory, if he isn't happy with playing a different role (the best for the team), he should stop leading and helping, and just shut up and do nothing

..........hmmm

So you want another 3 wins in 2013 Topia??

Moloney and Davey are cooked. Finished. Physically and Mentally. Time for the boys to move on.

Both Moloney and Davey are on the way down not on the way up. Time to move on instead of sooking because they don't like Neelds methods. Davey was pathetic during pre-season training. Moloney has had his time. Have some balls MFC, move them both on and they can takes Morton, Bennell, Bate, Pettard, Sellar, Jetta and Sylvia with them.

Move on

From post match: -

Neeld said reigning best and fairest winner Brent Moloney, who was subbed off at three quarter-time, had a tough day at the office against the St Kilda midfield.

“[He needs to] keep working hard - not too many people get better at whatever their chosen occupation is by just sitting in the corner and turning up. So they’re going to have to keep working hard,” he said.

Ouch.

Moloney is a free agent, unlikely we could work a trade for him.

Only way he isn't at Melbourne next year is if we don't want him. No way a club will come out and make him a financial offer that's so much better than his current that will make him jump at it. He simply doesn't have the runs on the board.

If we don't want him the FD will tell him so or make him a low ball offer that one of the poorer clubs will be comfortable beating. If he goes into the draft he will end up like Leon Davis. Likely to earn more playing in a state league with a few marquee player bonuses because clubs looking at him will be offering base wage + match payments.

From post match: -

Ouch.

I'll say.

I am going to read that as Neeld, in a roundabout way, saying that you can't just rock up every year and do the same thing you have done in th same position and expect to continue to play well.

I guess BM needs to keep working hard in the different posiitons he has been placed in this season.

Neeld can't hide his distaste for Beamer.

What I can't understand is why Beamer would be so stubborn. He's effectively forcing himself over the hill.

The way I read it, he may miss GWS. Gysberts may earn a recall as a result.

Moloney is a free agent, unlikely we could work a trade for him.

Only way he isn't at Melbourne next year is if we don't want him. No way a club will come out and make him a financial offer that's so much better than his current that will make him jump at it. He simply doesn't have the runs on the board.

If we don't want him the FD will tell him so or make him a low ball offer that one of the poorer clubs will be comfortable beating. If he goes into the draft he will end up like Leon Davis. Likely to earn more playing in a state league with a few marquee player bonuses because clubs looking at him will be offering base wage + match payments.

I said this yesterday

Davis had a good year in his last one at the Pies and look how it turned out for him.

Sometimes the drop is rapid.

If Essendon want Caddy and Gold Coast want older midfielders and we want KP forwards, is the following a workable trade?

• Moloney to Gold Coast
  • Caddy to Essendon

I can't speak much of Essendon's talls. But I know they have a few with ability and I know they are jostling to hold down spots.

A hooker at the MFC!? Nice.

Is that an offer? I'll throw in my sister and a couple of 'project player' nephews too.

your Nephews are far too skinny and lack ticker- why can't we draft nephews that are built like men

Edited by nutbean

What I find amusing is the debate at the beginning of the year - how can you have both Beamer and Jones in the same team - too similar.

Wow - don't those days seem 100 years ago.

• Like 1

What I find amusing is the debate at the beginning of the year - how can you have both Beamer and Jones in the same team - too similar.

Wow - don't those days seem 100 years ago.

Back in 2009 it was Jones, Beamer and McLean.

Back in 2009 it was Jones, Beamer and McLean.

interesting isnt it as to whom stepped up

• Moloney to Gold Coast
  • Caddy to Essendon

Bellchambers only from above list.

Moloney is inferior to Caddy and Bellchambers. He turns 29 in January and has had a very disappointing season. Of course he is a free agent so trade value a moot point.

He has to trim down and build his endurance because its pretty obvious he struggles to keep running, keep spreading at the level required. Pretty simply if you can't keep running and spreading for whole quarters, whole halves and whole games then Neeld will not pick you. And thats the way it should be. If he does stay then he needs to accept the advice of Neeld and Misson and trim off and get fitter.

It will be interesting to see if another club wants him given his age and his need to dramatically improve his endurance.

• 2 weeks later...

Not injured, not able to hold his spot.

Only conclusion is that he has spat the dummy and as they say "his papers are stamped".

I liked his bullocking runs and long punts.