Schwab and McLardy ... Time To Stand Up.

Range Rover

Where are you both?

We need strong leadership.

We need you to come out firing against these tanking allegations.

Come on ... hit back and hit back hard.

Now!

Regardless of how people think we should handle the media in respect of this specific incident, this is not the first time I have had thoughts along these lines. Other clubs take their media responsibilities seriously. The AFL itself takes media very seriously indeed.

We have eight board members and, by my last count, our back of house staff has blown out to more than 40 employees, not including the Football Department. From memory, this would mean that we have roughly doubled our non football staff in the last four years or so. I know that we are spending more than twice the amount on their salaries.

Apparently we have a surplus of people who are qualified to design new blazers and football logos, but not a single competent media spokesperson/PR person.

Who is accountable? I doubt they even know.

Edited by Hazyshadeofgrinter

Where are you both?

We need strong leadership.

We need you to come out firing against these tanking allegations.

Come on ... hit back and hit back hard.

Now!

We released a statement basically saying "You deal with it -it's your problem"
  • Like 1

I agree with the club's stance. The AFL need to talk to Brock and come up with an appropriate sanction for him. His inflammatory comments are damaging the integrity of the game. He needs to pull his head in and concentrate on doing his own job, not pull a Sheedy and take cheap pot shots at us.

Facinating point of view, did you watch the program?

Do you think they were tanking?

Do you think Bailey was lying?

Regardless of how people think we should handle the media in respect of this specific incident, this is not the first time I have had thoughts along these lines. Other clubs take their media responsibilities seriously. The AFL itself takes media very seriously indeed.

We have eight board members and, by my last count, our back of house staff has blown out to more than 40 employees, not including the Football Department. From memory, this would mean that we have roughly doubled our non football staff in the last four years or so. I know that we are spending more than twice the amount on their salaries.

Apparently we have a surplus of people who are qualified to design new blazers and football logos, but not a single competent media spokesperson/PR person.

You'd be loving this, Haze.

Which is fair enough. They'll bank on the AFL burying it.

If that doesn't happen, then we'll see what Schwab and McLardy are made of.

We can blame Dean Bailey and Brock Mclean for orchestrating the whole thing along with BP.

Thats why we had to get rid of these tankers

It was the only way we could preserve the clubs integrity.

Now our club is on the bottom of the ladder and we need even more picks to help us recover.

I suggest we take carltons first two picks as well to even up the competition and damage done to our brand by the

"Carlton Conspiracy"

Edited by Biffen
  • Like 2

Plenty of staff around to spin tripe no doubt. The only thing this club has been good at for the past few years. Nice little empire CS has built around him.

Edited by america de cali

You'd be loving this, Haze.

Unfortunately he has a point

Cam Schwab is all talk no action

Chris Connolly is all talk no action

Don Mclardy is no talk no action

Let's be honest our response was as weak as expected

As a small club we need a President who can stir up the passions of supporters and get them to tip in money and turn up to games and generally ram the clubs ethos down others throats. This is not Mclardy.

As a small club we need a CEO who doesn't harp on about logos, make the team wear ridiculous private school boy jackets, help cause poisionous divisions within the club, tie us to a dubious sponsor and then give away sponsorship for the lowest dollar. No we need a CEO who can squeeze every last dollar out of the business to direct to the football department and generally shut up, roll up the sleeves and get the job done. This is not Cameron Schwab

As a small club we can't afford to have non performing, divisive loudmouths on the payroll. Thanks Chris but goodbye.

Heads rolled in the underfunded FD it's about time some heads rolled in the overplayed department.

• Like 2

The AFL are not naive and oblivious to teams with no chance of top 8 deciding to play kids and get established players in for early surgery. Been happening for a long time and will continue to happen. Looking at this behaviour from a certain point of view some would call it "tanking", others "list management", others "prudent preparation for the draft of next year...

They don't like the stigma of the term "Tanking" or the ethos of teams playing for anything other than an immediate win.

Brock will be told that his shouting of the dreaded "T" word on TV was not appreciated by the AFL.

Brock is a [censored] for not realising this.

au contrare - he has been put up to it by AFL - they will of course deny this, but it is a setup to deny us our compensation picks and an easy bid for Viney. All in the name of propping up GW$ and GC$.

Unfortunately he has a point

Cam Schwab is all talk no action

Chris Connolly is all talk no action

Don Mclardy is no talk no action

Let's be honest our response was as weak as expected

As a small club we need a President who can stir up the passions of supporters and get them to tip in money and turn up to games and generally ram the clubs ethos down others throats. This is not Mclardy.

As a small club we need a CEO who doesn't harp on about logos, make the team wear ridiculous private school boy jackets, help cause poisionous divisions within the club, tie us to a dubious sponsor and then give away sponsorship for the lowest dollar. No we need a CEO who can squeeze every last dollar out of the business to direct to the football department and generally shut up, roll up the sleeves and get the job done. This is not Cameron Schwab

As a small club we can't afford to have non performing, divisive loudmouths on the payroll. Thanks Chris but goodbye.

Heads rolled in the underfunded FD it's about time some heads rolled in the overplayed department.

I agree with most of what you say but about the statement from Mclardy I think he is just playing ball with the AFL. TO stir up emotion you usually have to stir up some [censored]. I don't know what he was supposed to say "Suck on it we didn't do anything and even if we did prove it [censored]!" Whilst I would love something like that I think Mclardy and co are protecting the club from more scrutiny.

Schwab goes missing whenever things get tough. Hero of social media in pre-season when we got Mitch Clark and Coaching appointments........ haven't heard from him since about round 2.

Pissweak leader........... the fish rots at the head!!

• Like 1

Look I put the challenge out to Old Dee who doesn't like our response, but apparently he hasn't revisited this thread or I'm sure he'd be forthcoming.

I'll generalise the invitation to anyone. Pen your press release here ...

au contrare - he has been put up to it by AFL - they will of course deny this, but it is a setup to deny us our compensation picks and an easy bid for Viney. All in the name of propping up GW$ and GC$.

I don't buy it. If they wanted to prop them up they would give them both compensation picks before ours. This is too elaborate of a plan to take draft picks from a club that is already on it's knees. If anything, it's a conspiracy to deal us a death blow. But like I said, I don't buy it!

And can I make this clear, MFC- if this does go any further, if you don't try to take down any other clubs with you (namely Carltank) I think I will become very bitter indeed.

Reading the papers this morning, I'm shocked by the amount of people coming out to kick us, what happened to footy culture where you protect each other?!

In saying that, I'm now extremely disappointed NO ONE from the club has come out to defend us. NO ONE.

We've lacked unity and strength for so long, and now is the time to show it, FFS SOMEONE stand up for MFC!

Reading the papers this morning, I'm shocked by the amount of people coming out to kick us, what happened to footy culture where you protect each other?!

In saying that, I'm now extremely disappointed NO ONE from the club has come out to defend us. NO ONE.

We've lacked unity and strength for so long, and now is the time to show it, FFS SOMEONE stand up for MFC!

Paul Johnson has. Says in today's Age that we didn't tank but rather concentrated on developing players when we had no hope of finals as other clubs do. Cited GC this year. Answers Tigers game when he played on Brown, by saying first choice to play on Brown was injured, so he played on him.

There is also absolutely no evidence whatsoever, that any player was told to play poorly or lose.

• Like 3

Paul Johnson has. Says in today's Age that we didn't tank but rather concentrated on developing players when we had no hope of finals as other clubs do. Cited GC this year. Answers Tigers game when he played on Brown, by saying first choice to play on Brown was injured, so he played on him.

There is also absolutely no evidence whatsoever, that any player was told to play poorly or lose.

Well PJ was an oversized rover. And we did not have to tell him to play poorly. He under delivered throughout.

Well PJ was an oversized rover. And we did not have to tell him to play poorly. He under delivered throughout.

You and your comments on the oversized rover have come flooding back to me.

He was never going to make it at Hawthorn who were littered with speedy rovers.....

Regardless of how people think we should handle the media in respect of this specific incident, this is not the first time I have had thoughts along these lines. Other clubs take their media responsibilities seriously.

I know Collingwood and North Melb do.

We have eight board members and, by my last count, our back of house staff has blown out to more than 40 employees, not including the Football Department. From memory, this would mean that we have roughly doubled our non football staff in the last four years or so.

How do those numbers compare to all other AFL clubs ? Or clubs of the ilk of Bulldogs and North ? I'd like to know.

Look I put the challenge out to Old Dee who doesn't like our response, but apparently he hasn't revisited this thread or I'm sure he'd be forthcoming.

I'll generalise the invitation to anyone. Pen your press release here ...

Been off on Grand father duties and trying to make a living old55.

whenever I criticize the Board / management you usually hit me with this one.

Not my skill old55 not much of a politician I am afraid.

If I put on paper what I think then the site would probably be closed down.

But seriously I could not do a good job of it.

I just get very disillusioned with the cap in hand attitude the MFC seems to have all the time.

Now in this case we are as guilty as sin.

So on reflection ( Blood has settled ) it is probably better to suck up to the AFL to minimise the penalties.

Just another chapter in the appalling way the MFC has been run.

I agree with most of what you say but about the statement from Mclardy I think he is just playing ball with the AFL. TO stir up emotion you usually have to stir up some [censored]. I don't know what he was supposed to say "Suck on it we didn't do anything and even if we did prove it [censored]!" Whilst I would love something like that I think Mclardy and co are protecting the club from more scrutiny.

agree

You are much more generous than me stuie

Just the usual p--- weak reaction as far as I can see.

A drowning rat come to mind

Exactly how i feel OD

Its so typical of this amin just like some of the player roll over take it where it hurts an play dead Geeesus Really weak