• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POLL: Do you want Mark Neeld to remain coach in 2013?

Range Rover

Mark Neeld in 2013? Yes or No.  

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am not in favour of banning people but there is a group of posters simply trying to bait people and it is ruining the discourse, the discourse I say!

And Demonland isn't a democracy, it's a benevolent dictatorship and I don't think there is much patience left in our overlords for this nonsense (or at least I hope there isn't).

• Like 5

Democracy is a beautiful thing.

../Let the dogs have there say

IMO. Let the guy have one draft and run it for 2 more yrs ( of his contract)

[censored] wasnt MFC the club with honor , integrity & then Norm Smith

• Like 1

The main issue for me isn't so much as is Neeld up to it. It's how far would it set us back if we were to get rid of him so soon?

I am on the side that feels Neelds attitude is what is right for the club, perhaps there are mistakes that he's making perhaps trying to instill things that we aren't ready for but I can't see this year as a fair year to judge him.

There have been a ridiculous amount of unforeseeable variables that make it impossible to say whether or not he is a good coach. He has inherited a list that was unfit and is underskilled. He brought in Mitch Clark and I reckon that if we had him for the second half of the year we would've got a couple more wins under our belt. He showed what he could do when we barely got it in the forward 50, now we are starting to stack up in that stat.

It would be the dumbest thing for us to give him the flick before his second year and I reckon he'll run out his contract regardless of what happens next year. He needs at least one year after cleaning house, and it'd only be right to give him a chance to build his list.

Edited by Pates
  • Like 5

We can't get rid of him as it would begin a total death spiral for our club. Just have to hope he can turn things around. But I'm pretty disappointed, I admit. No matter how much you're changing a club, one win by late July (GWS don't count) is just terrible. Hardwick got a string of wins in the second half of his first year.

I didn't bother voting because voting to oust Neeld at this stage is voting to destroy our club.

• Like 1

What if we can replace him with Roos or malthouse?

Would our club be better off?

No, we would be no better off, but quite possibly a great deal worse off.

Any new coach will bring a change of game plan, their own team of assistants and will want to restructure the list according to their own game based philosophies. In other words, we would be taking a few more steps backwards to go forwards... not to mention that we would be further dividing the list we currently have, particularly those who have committed to the Neeld direction.

The last thing this list club needs now are further disruptions and divisions. All of the talk on this site about changing captaincy and changing the coach after they have had less than a season to make any kind of impact, is laughable. This is a football club, NOT a fast food outlet!

• Like 3

At the moment. Neeld is looking more popular than Putin or Mugabe!

(97% for Neeld is not a landslide but an avalanche of support)

Seems a few noisy numpties are carpet-bombing the site with anti-Neeld diatribes at the moment.

Let's see what kind of support they have among Melbourne supporters.

Simple yes or no poll.

Hi RR,

Get over it Son!

This is a little like polling a liberal Party convention do we still back Tony Abbott?

At the moment. Neeld is looking more popular than Putin or Mugabe!

(97% for Neeld is not a landslide but an avalanche of support)

Am sure he would be a better Coach than Mugabe. Like the analogy though Biffo! You might be onto something.

No, we would be no better off, but quite possibly a great deal worse off.

Any new coach will bring a change of game plan, their own team of assistants and will want to restructure the list according to their own game based philosophies. In other words, we would be taking a few more steps backwards to go forwards... not to mention that we would be further dividing the list we currently have, particularly those who have committed to the Neeld direction.

The last thing this list club needs now are further disruptions and divisions. All of the talk on this site about changing captaincy and changing the coach after they have had less than a season to make any kind of impact, is laughable. This is a football club, NOT a fast food outlet!

Sit out another two years then change! Simple. Meaningless poll . A little like the blind leading the blind. You were all excited MFC had some sought of coupe with Neeld's appt. Fact is no one other than Melbourne wanted him. Obviously Malthouse, Roos or even Hardwick would of been better. Neeld ! The man Collingwood no longer required. Didn't see Collingwood rushing to offer him the main support role to Buckley.

Hi RR,

Get over it Son!

This is a little like polling a liberal Party convention do we still back Tony Abbott?

Then get on the bus Pants .

"All you need is faith-to hear the deisels hummin'

you dont need no baggage-you just get on board"

The main issue for me isn't so much as is Neeld up to it. It's how far would it set us back if we were to get rid of him so soon?

I am on the side that feels Neelds attitude is what is right for the club, perhaps there are mistakes that he's making perhaps trying to instill things that we aren't ready for but I can't see this year as a fair year to judge him.

There have been a ridiculous amount of unforeseeable variables that make it impossible to say whether or not he is a good coach. He has inherited a list that was unfit and is underskilled. He brought in Mitch Clark and I reckon that if we had him for the second half of the year we would've got a couple more wins under our belt. He showed what he could do when we barely got it in the forward 50, now we are starting to stack up in that stat.

It would be the dumbest thing for us to give him the flick before his second year and I reckon he'll run out his contract regardless of what happens next year. He needs at least one year after cleaning house, and it'd only be right to give him a chance to build his list.

Yes reluctantly agreed. As I've said in previous posts Neeld is not under threat. He must be given his time. He may succeed he may not. Just get fed up with the constant blind faith showed in him suggesting he's NBT and polls suggesting a massive CULL is required because the current state of play is direct result of the players and not the "circumstances" and coach.

RR's banner makes me want to projectile vomit every time I see it. Neeld, apart from his input in getting Clark, has done nothing to this stage to earn such belief.

RR and his polls!! Obviously fancies himself as a Demonland Powerbroker. The latest Neeld Poll. A little like polling starving dogs if they want something to eat? He's constantly bagging out on Melbourne's list while tugging Neeld's forelock at the same time. He blocks me because I'm a relative newbie to this site and not interested in joining his crony clique.

Edited by thaipantsman

Of course he should.

Good luck to you if your opinion goes the other way, but the bad news is that he's going to be there whether you like it or not and your only available avenue of defiance is to whine on forums about how unfair life is.

• Like 1

Seems a few noisy numpties are carpet-bombing the site with anti-Neeld diatribes at the moment.

Let's see what kind of support they have among Melbourne supporters.

Simple yes or no poll.

The same noisy Dictator is constantly bagging out on practically the entire playing list and running meaningless polls trying to gain support for his proposed mass-cull.

News for you RR=there will be no mass cull. Neeld will run well into his 3rd year and so he should.

A "noisy numpie". Someone who doesn't tug RR's forelock?

Then get on the bus Pants .

"All you need is faith-to hear the deisels hummin'

you dont need no baggage-you just get on board"

I'm on Biffo!!

Will be there on Sat. Am tipping our super tagger will do a job on Ablett! Am just well over RR's pathetic meaningless polls. If we go down his path then Neeld will have no players to coach next year apart from discards from other AFL clubs.

I am not in favour of banning people but there is a group of posters simply trying to bait people and it is ruining the discourse, the discourse I say!

And Demonland isn't a democracy, it's a benevolent dictatorship and I don't think there is much patience left in our overlords for this nonsense (or at least I hope there isn't).

rpfc

Good points but have you read your own Banner? A little cynical perhaps. What precisely is the banners purpose?

Neeld is probably paid around $400K per year. He has 2 years left on his contract. Roos or Malthouse would command $900K per year. Replacing Neeld with one of them would therefore the club an additional $900K per year for two years. The club does not have that coin.

I'm on Biffo!!

Will be there on Sat. Am tipping our super tagger will do a job on Ablett! Am just well over RR's pathetic meaningless polls. If we go down his path then Neeld will have no players to coach next year apart from discards from other AFL clubs.

There might be a big crowd thaipantsman but Saturday is probably a bit early for 1.10pm Sunday.

There might be a big crowd thaipantsman but Saturday is probably a bit early for 1.10pm Sunday.

Agreed! How about RR gets a poll going on crowd expectation for this Sat?? I'll pre-empt him!!! 19K

Does 91 to 4 in support for Neeld tell you anything? Do you think you might have it wrong? Just drop it man, he's not going anywhere and nor should he.

The masses have spoken. I will shut up about it.

I hope the majority is correct, and we can achieve success.

However, I think a 3 year 'faith contract' is a bit rich. Time to re-assess midway thru 2013.

Go Dees.