Kevin Sheedy and his resentment towards the Demons

Ouch!

Couldn't really give a sh!t to be honest. The line about him investigating us rather than the other way sounds like a break up where the bloke will claim he ended it, just to make himself sound better with his mates. Don't think he can stand the idea that people think he got declined for a job.

• Like 2

FWIW, Sheedy did not participate in the process well for the coach at all. Came un prepared, was blase, arrogant and disinterested and said here I am you want me or you dont. Got cut after the 1st round of I/Ws.

If I'd won 4 flags and coached for 27 years I think I'd have that attitude too.

Do you think Malthouse would participate in a "process" if he decides he wants to coach again ? I can't stand Sheedy, but expecting him to pitch for the job in the same way other rookie coaches might shows a lack of judgment.

• Like 4

Do you think Malthouse would participate in a "process" if he decides he wants to coach again ? I can't stand Sheedy, but expecting him to pitch for the job in the same way other rookie coaches might shows a lack of judgment.

Except that it was felt that the game had passed him by when they chose not to review his contract at Essendon.

I believe that he should have had to go through exactly the same process... or at least be respectful of whatever process the club in question would put before him. You don't go in assuming the job is yours just cos you are Kevin Sheedy.

The number of people I have interviewed for positions that thought that they were a shoe in for the role because they were acting in the role and that somehow made that role 'theirs' is astounding. It should give the person a definite advantage, but use the advantage to press your claim.... kinda like how some of our players think that skill is enough, and hardwork and effort come next.

• Like 1

Lock the thread - who actually cares about the rantings of a bitter senile old has been, who could only get one flag out of the list he had late 90s early 00s.

Lock the thread - who actually cares about the rantings of a bitter senile old has been, who could only get one flag out of the list he had late 90s early 00s.

It will be interesting to see how many of their blue chip youngsters make noises about wanting to leave by mid-season next year after their 35th belting in 37 matches.

That situation must absolutely be having a psychological impact on those kids.

Edited by Range Rover

GWS only targeted players from weak clubs (probably an AFL directive)........ Don't think targeting Scully had anything to do with sheedy...... It had more to do with our own standing within the league.....

Can you imagin the up roar from the bombers or the magpies, had they lost one of their players....... Those clubs have power and pull, we can only imagin.....

Funny how the Bombers can sack sheedy, but he's more upset with us? Hasn't got the swingers to have a crack at the Bombers..... What a weak P_ick......

FWIW, Sheedy did not participate in the process well for the coach at all. Came un prepared, was blase, arrogant and disinterested and said here I am you want me or you dont. Got cut after the 1st round of I/Ws.

Is that heresay or inside info?

For what it is worth, I can vouch for this (albeit as an anonymous forum participant).

Yes, that pretty much sums up where he was coming from.

I am sympathetic towards your view but if you don't like the thread you should just skip it.

I will. Never open it again!

I remember people saying if we got Sheedy we wouldn't have Trengove, Scully, Watts and so on, under the premise that we would have been more successful in the short-term but would have the draft picks.

One of the big problems that many people have now is that our use of the draft picks has been poor and that we don't have a winning culture.

Malthouse left at the top of his game and would still be open to direct approaches to coaches.

Sheedy left Essendon with a use by date. I cant recall any club looking for a coach at the time choosing to go directly to Sheedy. And if you choose to participate in a process then ...well .... I guess it was that attitude that came through. Pity it was the wrong attitude.

I remember people saying if we got Sheedy we wouldn't have Trengove, Scully, Watts and so on, under the premise that we would have been more successful in the short-term but would have the draft picks.

One of the big problems that many people have now is that our use of the draft picks has been poor and that we don't have a winning culture.

The argument was that Sheedy would trade long term success for short term outcome. Not necessarily more successful.

We did not have a winning culture before the era of Trengove Scully and Watts. IMO the era of recruiting (and trading) which has harmed us the most is the era 2001 to 2007 under Cameron.

Sheedy is a media tart. What a great way to deflect the fact that his team has lost by massive margins every week, the players they spent large coin on are not delivering and there are bigger crowds at the opening of a pizza box.

Sorry Sheeds, get over yourself. Unless you have a time machine, it is OVER. Get it? Or do I need to publish something in the Seniors magazine? Maybe if you focused less on the media and more on the Lesser Blacktown Rabble maybe you, too, could get some results.

And if you believe that you had the upper hand in any multi-candidate interview process, you really are an egotistical [censored]

Successful clubs need Media Tarts. Eddie is the classic example.

It will be interesting to see how many of their blue chip youngsters make noises about wanting to leave by mid-season next year after their 35th belting in 37 matches.

That situation must absolutely be having a psychological impact on those kids.

yes lock the thread. Lets only post the forelock tugging ones between RR and crony mates.

Gold Coast will [censored] us but don't worry!!!!

"I believe in Neeld"

Malthouse left at the top of his game and would still be open to direct approaches to coaches.

Sheedy left Essendon with a use by date. I cant recall any club looking for a coach at the time choosing to go directly to Sheedy. And if you choose to participate in a process then ...well .... I guess it was that attitude that came through. Pity it was the wrong attitude.

He was still sacked. But I get your drift.

GWS only targeted players from weak clubs (probably an AFL directive)........ Don't think targeting Scully had anything to do with sheedy...... It had more to do with our own standing within the league.....

Can you imagin the up roar from the bombers or the magpies, had they lost one of their players....... Those clubs have power and pull, we can only imagin.....

Funny how the Bombers can sack sheedy, but he's more upset with us? Hasn't got the swingers to have a crack at the Bombers..... What a weak P_ick......

they went for youth rather than seasoned players. that has put them behind the 8 ball. the afl were not expecting them to draft so young for so many

And yes they didn't hit the richer clubs because they would have been told to f off. As well as the fact that they have relationships at the filth and the scum...

IMO Sheedy's beef against Melbourne definitely influenced his decision to target Tom Scully back at the end of 2010.

As such it is a decision fraught with danger on several levels for that club.

Never let emotion cloud business decisions.

I think it's obvious that he did. Scully was offered far more than he was worth, and the decision to pursue him and pay him so much can hardly be called a sound business decision - an unproven young player with a dicky knee? Well, we profited from the deal, so should we complain about it? No. But by the same token, can we be done listening to his rants though? There's nothing worse than listening to a senile, bitter old man berate others for his failures.
  • Like 2

I for one would love to know why we passed on Sheedy. Not that i necessarily wanted him as coach, but what was the reason for passing up a 4 time GF Coach and taking an untried Bailey.

Ask the right questions Shehan.

Probably because he was a washed up has been, is my guess WYL.

• Like 1

Probably because he was a washed up has been, is my guess WYL.

It's too easy to keep rolling out that line. Sheeds is still sharp if you have met him i assure you. Now in 2007 he may have been a bit flat, but it was a huge call to overlook him when you look at how the past 5 years have panned out.

It's too easy to keep rolling out that line. Sheeds is still sharp if you have met him i assure you. Now in 2007 he may have been a bit flat, but it was a huge call to overlook him when you look at how the past 5 years have panned out.

Spot on for all the sheedy haters.

The decision not to take him may turn out to be the biggest mistake the MFC has every made.

When the final chapter on the MFC is written that decision may be it.

IMO Sheedy's beef against Melbourne definitely influenced his decision to target Tom Scully back at the end of 2010.

As such it is a decision fraught with danger on several levels for that club.

Never let emotion cloud business decisions.

Don't think so. GWS wanted a #1 draft pick for whatever reason. Scully wasn't their first choice nor was he the first to receive the 6 for 6 offer

We did not have a winning culture before the era of Trengove Scully and Watts. IMO the era of recruiting (and trading) which has harmed us the most is the era 2001 to 2007 under Cameron.

Agree and who knows what the effect of minimal football funding and skeleton staff had on this. Most likely contributed.