Kevin Sheedy and his resentment towards the Demons

Ouch!

Proudly bought to you by our 'Demons' supporter Mike Sheehan

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/gws-coach-kevin-sheedys-discontent-at-melbourne-demons-interview-process-bubbles-over-on-open-mike/story-e6frf3e3-1226438430894

Whilst I will be interested to see what he has to say, why the heck should Sheedy get an open forum to discuss why he was overlooked and vent his disgust any more than Hardwick or any of the other contenders at the time. Just another chance for Sheedy to put to boot into us, and spout his normal drivel.

As a side game, how many times will he mention Scully do you think? I'll say 6 times!

... or why the hell would Sheehan bother to bring it up in an interview which has absolutely no relevance unless he harbours some ill will towards the MFC as well in regards to this issue.

I agree it's in the past, (4 years is it??) and it seems to have made Sheedy extremely bitter and vengeful towards the club.

Proudly bought to you by our 'Demons' supporter Mike Sheehan

http://www.foxsports...3-1226438430894

Whilst I will be interested to see what he has to say, why the heck should Sheedy get an open forum to discuss why he was overlooked and vent his disgust any more than Hardwick or any of the other contenders at the time. Just another chance for Sheedy to put to boot into us, and spout his normal drivel.

As a side game, how many times will he mention Scully do you think? I'll say 6 times!

Pity Open Mike doesnt allow twitter feeds really, at least with Denham they are lining up to get on air and successfully skewer him.

Sheedy could really do with a non sycophantic analysis some time.

Sheedy is a media tart. What a great way to deflect the fact that his team has lost by massive margins every week, the players they spent large coin on are not delivering and there are bigger crowds at the opening of a pizza box.

Sorry Sheeds, get over yourself. Unless you have a time machine, it is OVER. Get it? Or do I need to publish something in the Seniors magazine? Maybe if you focused less on the media and more on the Lesser Blacktown Rabble maybe you, too, could get some results.

And if you believe that you had the upper hand in any multi-candidate interview process, you really are an egotistical [censored]

• Like 2

Its the season to kick the Dees.....why not Sheedy. If ANYONE should be [censored] off its Williams at GWS. Something like 15 mins after his interview with the bombers they announced Hird as coach. Will we hear about that...nope. Because its his old club and his right hand man. Sheedy is a [censored] who cant accept his relevance as a coach is now over and wants to blame us for revealing that to him 4 years ago. Richmond said no to him as well if I remember. No mention of that either right? He's at GWS as a marketing tool now and making a fool of himself.

He WAS a great coach and an outstanding player and he will be remembered as such... but he isn't an AFL coach anymore. Everyone has a time frame and his was... and is, up.

• Like 1

Generally, the Open Mike shows are quite good, and covers a broad background of the interviewee. I'll be happy to watch this week, and will be interested to hear Sheedy's side of this story. Will it change my perception of my Club? Probably not. But providing he is being honest, sure, I'm interested to hear what happened in "that" interview process.

For those that are demanding Sheedy to get over it - it'll be a topic of conversation in this interview for probably 2 minutes until Sheehan moves on to the next topic from Sheedy's past.

If you are still not satisfied with that, then don't watch it.

Would he have done a worse job than Dean Bailey?

We will never know.

Generally, the Open Mike shows are quite good, and covers a broad background of the interviewee. I'll be happy to watch this week, and will be interested to hear Sheedy's side of this story. Will it change my perception of my Club? Probably not. But providing he is being honest, sure, I'm interested to hear what happened in "that" interview process.

For those that are demanding Sheedy to get over it - it'll be a topic of conversation in this interview for probably 2 minutes until Sheehan moves on to the next topic from Sheedy's past.

If you are still not satisfied with that, then don't watch it.

Wasn't this covered in a Hun article a week ago - link

Sounds like old news being rehashed to me

Would he have done a worse job than Dean Bailey?

We will never know.

To be honest, he would have been a three year coach at the maximum. He would have been great for publicity and maybe motivation. I think the game was leaving him behind tactically. It would have been an interesting ride but he would have been no saviour.

My training notes on the subject: I am more miffed with KS for what happened to Green and Snake in the 2000 grand final. An article in the media the other day about Green saying that he got 'a knock' in the GF was laughable; he was pinned back and punched in the throat.

Now presides over one of the league's tragic teams, the others being MFC and ... Footscray? An over-developed sense of entitlement, thought he would be appointed, anointed? ... as coach of a lesser club such as ours. Tried to sleight us and massively misfired by spending all his spending money on our unproven golden boy. One of the few things we have got right in recruiting was the Sheedy/Scully/AFL tango.

• Like 1

He WAS a great coach and an outstanding player and he will be remembered as such... but he isn't an AFL coach anymore. Everyone has a time frame and his was... and is, up.

If my hazy memory serves me correctly, he was a thug as a player and a coach who ordered players to go out and nobble opposition (i.e Brad Green 2000 GF). There's 2 coaches I'm glad we never got, him and Ross Lyon. I'll endure a second rebuild in 2012, but if either of these guys had coached the Dees, I'd be Brisbane supporter now !!!

• Like 1

I for one would love to know why we passed on Sheedy. Not that i necessarily wanted him as coach, but what was the reason for passing up a 4 time GF Coach and taking an untried Bailey.

Ask the right questions Shehan.

• Like 2

I for one would love to know why we passed on Sheedy. Not that i necessarily wanted him as coach, but what was the reason for passing up a 4 time GF Coach and taking an untried Bailey.

How is it going over in Nam mate-keep an eye on your Dong!

If my hazy memory serves me correctly, he was a thug as a player and a coach who ordered players to go out and nobble opposition (i.e Brad Green 2000 GF). There's 2 coaches I'm glad we never got, him and Ross Lyon. I'll endure a second rebuild in 2012, but if either of these guys had coached the Dees, I'd be Brisbane supporter now !!!

Don't forget we had John Northey who was schooled in the same traditions as Sheedy. Without doubt he presided over the best period for this club since 64.

Don't forget we had John Northey who was schooled in the same traditions as Sheedy. Without doubt he presided over the best period for this club since 64.

I think Northey was more a ball player than Sheedy. Sheedy was more an Austin Powers consequence-free style footballer.

You may want to know the answer to your question above but Kevin Sheedy is not the one to provide any form of accurate and unbiased answer.

I'm not disappointed that we didn't appoint him, but it would hardly shock me if we didn't handle the interview process well.

I think we are doing ok off field at the moment............

But it wouldn't suprise me either!! Agree totally with this!

I think Northey was more a ball player than Sheedy. Sheedy was more an Austin Powers consequence-free style footballer.

True Bushie, but their coaching methods were more or less identical. If the main reason he got Scully was just to spite us then that would indicate that his judgement is astray and past it as a coach. Still he could not have done any worse.

Edited by america de cali

I'm not disappointed that we didn't appoint him, but it would hardly shock me if we didn't handle the interview process well.

FWIW, Sheedy did not participate in the process well for the coach at all. Came un prepared, was blase, arrogant and disinterested and said here I am you want me or you dont. Got cut after the 1st round of I/Ws.

FWIW, Sheedy did not participate in the process well for the coach at all. Came un prepared, was blase, arrogant and disinterested and said here I am you want me or you dont. Got cut after the 1st round of I/Ws.

Is that heresay or inside info?