Liam Jurrah - committal hearing in Alice Springs

I know the wrath will fall upon me

I am getting very tired of the whole LJ thing.

Seems to spend months getting over injuries.

Court appearances etc.

2012 has been a wipe off and 2013 is not shaping to be much better.

If you are not on the park it does not matter how good you might be.

Am I the only one

It's worth pointing out that before he got his wrist injury last year he was for the most part very injury free. The wrist was thought be repaired but something went wrong. No fault of his own, ironically if there hadn't been that set back he might not be in this mess. Then the knee injury was an unlucky impact injury that just happens in football.

This alleged assault issue is the first major problem we've had with Liam, albeit this is an incredibly serious issue. All that aside if he is injury free he is one of our key players, and he hasn't had soft tissue problems so we just need luck on that side. The court appearance will sort itself out, guilty or not.

So I certainly don't agree with you.

• Like 3

We can't have a spot on the list taken by a player that may or may not be able to fulfill that spot.

I think we have to let his contract lapse and attempt to rookie list him.

I don't like posting that, I just thought I would throw it out there because I would not let a spot on the list go to waste if I had the chance...

Edited by rpfc
  • Like 4

I know the wrath will fall upon me

I am getting very tired of the whole LJ thing.

Seems to spend months getting over injuries.

Court appearances etc.

2012 has been a wipe off and 2013 is not shaping to be much better.

If you are not on the park it does not matter how good you might be.

Am I the only one

No...not the only one mate.

About 3/4 of the way fo rmine from chucking him in the bin as it were ( footballwise )

We can't have a spot on the list taken by a player that may or may not be able to fulfill that spot.

I think we have to let his contract laspse and attempt to rookie list him.

I don't like posting that, I just thought I would throw it out there because I would not let a spot on the list go to waste if I had the chance...

Its now we have to think clearly as a club needing to field its best team.

Thats not to say the club cant support him as they feel able or required, but,........ heres the thing. Did anyone force the bloke to go back and stuff up ????

edit

do we simply put thsi down as a good idea ( footy wise) that just didnt work out

Edited by belzebub59

Lets hope he goes to trial prior to our list lodgement date.

Would be a shame to delist poor Ricky Petterd if we didn't have to.

Edited by olisik

Might be in Darwin BB. I would think little hope in AS.

have to be in Darwin. No matter who was chosen one camp or another ( npi ) would cry foul

Lets hope he goes to trial prior to our list lodgement date.

doubtful. I beleive trial likely in March 2013

edit. was only one source...so could be anby date really. Given how long its taken til now.. An immiinent date is unlikely, esp if moved to Darwin

Edited by belzebub59

Its now we have to think clearly as a club needing to field its best team.

Thats not to say the club cant support him as they feel able or required, but,........ heres the thing. Did anyone force the bloke to go back and stuff up ????

edit

do we simply put thsi down as a good idea ( footy wise) that just didnt work out

With every passing day it is looking more like that IMO.

I say stick by him, appeal to put him on the rookie list but if the AFL reject, then we just wear it.

Could always make him out to be on the long term injury list?

With the amount of suspect evidence and most of the witnesses being drunk, I doubt he will get a full sentence.

It sounds like the other two were more involved, hopefully he is trialled separately.

Edited by daveytrain1
  • Like 2

I actually don't disagree with this, if the AFL allow us a way doing this so he doesn't have to go into a draft then that would be great. Not saying others would pick him up, it would make a complicated problem a lot simpler.

This way he is still on the list, have him available to promote to the senior list, he still gets the support from the club and gives him an opportunity to play under less pressure.

Edited by Pates

We all can't assume anything and any thoughts of delisting him are extremely premature. Just because he is going to trial doesn't mean he is guilty, the trial may only last a couple of days, he may be found guilty or not guilty and if guilty he may do Jail time he may not. If the club makes a decision to delist Liam I will guarentee to another club would pick him up. We stick by him, we await for a result before we take any action.

• Like 1

I thought the case would've been thrown out after only 2 of 14 witnesses showed up and the alleged victim was too [censored] to remember what happened?

Staggering....

• Like 1

seems there was sufficient Prima Faeces after all !! :unsure:

I thought the case would've been thrown out after only 2 of 14 witnesses showed up and the alleged victim was too [censored] to remember what happened?

You'd think there's grounds for reasonable doubt in a trial

I've always struggled to reconcile being attacked by a physically fit, pretty big unit wielding a machete with an outcome of six stitches. Reckon Oucher did more damage opening a stubbie.

In the meantime, business as usual. Get LJ fit, healthy & on the paddock kicking goals

• Like 1

Sure we can. We carried Newton for years. Hell, we've had entire potato farms sitting on the list vegetating. This is well worth risking.

• Like 4

ABC online reporting trial set for 3 September. Hopefully it's a quick trial with a quick result both for him and (for selfish reasons which really aren't as important) the club's list managers.

reason for edit: spelling

Dam this will interrupt our finals campaign!

• Like 6

Dam this will interrupt our finals campaign!

post of the year !!! Lol...gold

Well Sep 3 it is

I wonder how many witnesses Will remember anything. Lots of turps to go under bridges by then.