Richmond's Dan Connors and Dustin Martin in trouble

A person who had just watched " Conspiracy Theory " again might surmise that a delisted player would not be in a position to have one of those infernal Random Drug Tests

and maybe his mate who accompanied him but didn't bite the bullet and came clean should be given a clip over the ears.

Just saying .....

I'm wide awake, same as Dusty at tramp at 7am on sundays...

I'm saying I am happy with the trenners call at 2 now instead of dusty who is [snip] most weekends.. while trenners is leading the oldest club in the land.

Trenners should have been 1 & Dusty 2... No doubt at all, & in hindsight Dusty is ahead at this stage. Others from that draft, I don't know.

# except to say I was a Rohan fan.

Edited by dee-luded

It's absolute garbage. No-one will buy this sleeping tablets nonsense.

Are Richmond going to get away with this out-and-out [snip]???

The only time you need sleeping tablets, is if you have a sleeping disorder, or are Too high for some reason & need a downer to calm down & sleep.

So what's the half truth of it then?

Guest José Mourinho

Sleeping tablets for footballers are the topic du jour.

Far too convenient an excuse for my liking.

Players know not to take prescription drugs that aren't their own.

Connors "Uh... I took a sleeping pill, I got a prescription!"

Martin "Me too!"

CAC "You have a prescription for sleeping pills, Dustin?"

Martin"Uhh... um... it must've been one of Daniel's!"

Still no word whether there was any drug testing occurring at this training session that these 2 players happened to sleep in and miss altogether.

Just saying...

But it couldn't be recreational drugs, because CAC told us so.

Although I wasn't aware that he was the one who did the testing, could demand a test was done, or that he was privy to the results of those tests.

I was under the impression those results would be confidential unless it was a 3rd strike.

Obviously not.

I wonder if the AFLPA have a view on this.

This issue is so confusing for simpletons like us...

Edited by José Mourinho

No thanks.

When this club is trying to build a strong culture, the last thing we need is the son of a bikie member that's his current team saw fit to remove from his home and live with their president instead as a condition of him being drafted. IMO that's probably why Melbourne never interviewed him, although that bit's an assumption only, I don't know that for a fact.

He's a great player. but far to much baggage for me, might get set straight at a club with an already strong culture like Geelong, but while we're trying to reshape ours he'd be as damaging as Fevola would have been and we'd never achieve the success we want and neither will Richmond while he's there IMO.

Oh, ha. I see,,, now things start to take shape.

#Edit: Geez, after these 3, our first 2 picks & Martin I would have gone for Gary Rohan next.

We could have had Trenners & Rohan.

I just didn't like Scully's game for some reason. Gut feeling...

Edited by dee-luded

Looks like Melbourne supporters aren't the only people going to the snow mid July..

What a joke. "Yeah officer" the guy with the tatto on his neck proclaimed- "I only had 1 beer and couldn't get to beddy-byes so I had to take one of my friends sleeping tablets" hahaha good one.

• Like 1

my understanding of the concern with sleeping tabs in footy is not any use for actually sleeping but mixed with anything with guarana effectively provides an upper. its supposed that there are players running around hyped on this stuff game time.

I still dont buy into thi s...its just "sleeping pills" stuff at Richmond. This might have only been the 'icing' on the cake for some

My bit on this for the little it's worth is that Connors has been leading the easily led Martin this year and slowly bringing him down. This missing of training was exactly what Richmond needed to get Connors out of the club and away from Martin. They obviously couldn't tell Martin to not hang out with Connors as for anyone with kids, would be the red rag to a bull and he would do it more. By getting Connors out of the club completely, hopefully then he won't be around as much and they will lose contact.

The two weeks for Martin was just a slap for him, looking at the fixture, they think they could afford to leave him out and a 'get in line' note for him.

• Like 1

What is the deal with martin's social life?

The Rich thread at BF talks about his nightclubbing and smoking but does anyone know what he actually gets up to??

The Rich thread at BF talks about his nightclubbing and smoking but does anyone know what he actually gets up to??

Evidently, nothing.

He takes sleeping pills and misses training because he takes sleeping pills.

Sleeping pills.

This is the best they can come up with?

I caution anyone offering an answer to this.

Hate to see Martin blow his chance on the Charlie this year.

• Like 4

Guest José Mourinho

I reckon he'll be using his 2 weeks to go up to the snow, so he can enjoy all the white powder that has fallen recently.

• Like 2

Link to where you posted this please.

I know what I thought & felt about $cully. If you want to just be a doubting thomas, then you search. Because I'm not gonna bother with you.

I'm an honest person, maybe you find such things strange.

Re $cully, I didn't trust my thoughts in the face of such overwhelming support for him around the AFL, so I kept fairly quiet thinking I must have been wrong.

there ya go smarty.

You do the finger dance.

I caution anyone offering an answer to this.

I heard he [snip]... at his mates house and then [snip]... till he was red in the face! The only problem was [snip]... which his mum had to wash the next day but at the wedding reception [snip]... but that elephant probably had it coming anyway.

I found it amusing that this all went on at Connors house.

Connors lives with Shane Edwards and Edwards 'decided' not to check in with them and toddled off to training getting there on time. Wouldn't any normal person knock on the door and tell them to get the f**k out of bed or be late for training? Unless of course you knew there was no way they would be waking up in a fit state?

• Like 1