• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Jeremy Cameron

Travis Boots

Wowee whoever is suggesting we gert rid of watts and viney is a serious r-tard and clearly has no idea about football.

Jeremy Cameron looked good but dont all jizz in your pants so quickly. Im sure he has weaknesses and trends that other clubs will eventually work out over time. Then he will be put to the test and over the next 3-5 years we will see how good he actually is. In the meantime ill stick with Jack Watts and Viney

Edited by Jonesbag
  • Like 2

I'm certainly not embarrassed to believe that Jack Watts is a star. Young Cameron looked pretty scrawny and with just 13 disposals it is no wonder I didn't note him much. 2 of his goals were from iffy frees too if I remember correctly. Yeah , he could be OK.

Really?

He is scrawny, which puts to shame pretty much all of Watts' games up forward where he refused to jump in to a pack and attempt to take a grab.

Cook is scrawny, hasn't even had a taste yet. Cameron is his teams forward shining star, kicks 3 goals on a bad day when his rubbish team can't even get it inside 50.

Also there was a mark and a free he didn't get paid.

Clearly Watts is going to be a good player. It was silly to even mention Watts in this thread. But Cameron has Watts covered as a forward, always will.

• Like 1

I'm certainly not embarrassed to believe that Jack Watts is a star. Young Cameron looked pretty scrawny and with just 13 disposals it is no wonder I didn't note him much. 2 of his goals were from iffy frees too if I remember correctly. But, I could be wrong he might be OK as he matures.

he is an absolute gem, and the fact that he does what he does with such a scrawny frame only make him more impressive. heard the commentators say yesterday that he was playing seniors football in the country (Dartmoor rings a bell?) at 14

fact of the matter is to get him, we would have to give up someone of Watts calibre at a minimum. not advocating that we do mind you, but he is that good already

Correct weight Redleg.

If he was wearing the red and blue I can tell you everyone here would be going ga-ga over him.

And let's be honest here- he is everything that we wanted Watts to be as in a pack marking forward. Lucky for us Watts has beautiful skills and a beautiful mind. Watts reminds me a lot of Hirdy, minus the wreckless abandon. Both will be players.

LOL Watts is sheer class and anyone with some basic knowledge of football would know that. You obviously don't. Didn't see anything special about Cameron today. Did you?

There's no doubt that to emphasise a point that post was full of hyperbole, however I have no doubt who'll end up the better player with the better career and it won't be the Melbourne player.

Would I trade Watts for Cameron ? In a heartbeat.

Edited by Ben-Hur

There's no doubt that to emphasise a point that post was full of hyperbole, however I have no doubt who'll end up the better player with the better career and it won't be the Melbourne player.

Would I trade Watts for Cameron ? In a heartbeat.

Just as well that our recruiters don't feel the same then.

Just another young potential forward who has kicked some nice goals. History is full of them. And classicly, this guy has no right foot at all which will rob his athleticism of efficiency.

Prefer to develop Lucas Cook. Is not as athletic as Cameron but is a great mark and a good set shot for goal. And by next season will have 3 preseasons behind him.

And for those who continue to suggest trading Watts - if by 2014 he is still the player he is today - then trade him. He is not the pack-crashing forward we thought but this is not as necessary now that Clark is excelling. But Watts skills on both sides set him apart in the Dees squad and we have no player like him.

Just another young potential forward who has kicked some nice goals. History is full of them. And classicly, this guy has no right foot at all which will rob his athleticism of efficiency.

Prefer to develop Lucas Cook. Is not as athletic as Cameron but is a great mark and a good set shot for goal. And by next season will have 3 preseasons behind him.

And for those who continue to suggest trading Watts - if by 2014 he is still the player he is today - then trade him. He is not the pack-crashing forward we thought but this is not as necessary now that Clark is excelling. But Watts skills on both sides set him apart in the Dees squad and we have no player like him.

Doesn't affect Buddy Franklin :)

Agree on the rest, I really have high hopes for Cook as a FF, I really like the look of this kid.

And for those who continue to suggest trading Watts - if by 2014 he is still the player he is today - then trade him.

For the nuffies on here I better clarify. I'm in no way suggesting that we trade Watts. I like the way he's developing in the back-line. I simply hold the view that Cameron will be a star of the game and that Watts won't. For me Cameron will be a significantly better player, although Watts may be our architect down back for the next 10 years. I'd leave Watts down back for the foreseeable future, as he's more value to us there.

Really?

He is scrawny, which puts to shame pretty much all of Watts' games up forward where he refused to jump in to a pack and attempt to take a grab.

Cook is scrawny, hasn't even had a taste yet. Cameron is his teams forward shining star, kicks 3 goals on a bad day when his rubbish team can't even get it inside 50.

Clearly Watts is going to be a good player. It was silly to even mention Watts in this thread. But Cameron has Watts covered as a forward, always will.

OK, What about OUR Jeremy? Fantastic mark, great kick, pace etc. Maybe he has Cameron covered as a forward? Have a look in your own backyard!

For the nuffies on here I better clarify. I'm in no way suggesting that we trade Watts. I like the way he's developing in the back-line. I simply hold the view that Cameron will be a star of the game and that Watts won't. For me Cameron will be a significantly better player, although Watts may be our architect down back for the next 10 years. I'd leave Watts down back for the foreseeable future, as he's more value to us there.

or for the simpletons, one will be Brendan Goddard and the other Matthew Lloyd.

I don't know that Cameron will be significantly better. Watts has a pretty high ceiling if he can continue to find the will to contest for the footy.

Camerons development could be stifled by lack of ball over the next couple of years. But he has courage, skill and poise in spades. He'll be a superstar - an assessment that has as much to do with Jack Watts as Jack Hawkins (which I'm sure you were trying to get across).

• Like 1

Is this Cameron guy the next Nic Nat?

JC is an out an out gun. If you cant see his A grade / star potential, then you're not looking or blind

I would throw anything at him to get him to the MFC. Forget Cloke.

As I understand it, he hasn't re-signed yet. Dont thing the MFC would be at the top of his destination list, but would still pay way overs

• Like 1

Really?

From what i have seen of Cameron it is that he makes space and gets under the ball well, beats is player to the ball, nothing to do with muscle or strength, predominantly

But is non the less a GUN, just saying he isnt playing the big forward that say patton is, he is just smart and good at marking kicking, great attributes, especially the space he can find imo

Edited by Jordie_tackles

All the drooling that goes on around here over opposition players that most likely we'll never see in Red & Blue is a joke.

Then there are those who state they would be willing to trade our best players or "pay way overs" to get them . :wacko:

Thank @#$% your no-where near the recruiting dept.

We've gotta get better at identifying the talent before the draft.

We've got the perfect opportunity this year to pick up 1 , maybe 2 guns of our own if we get it right.

Lets concentrate on that eh.

• Like 2

All the drooling that goes on around here over opposition players that most likely we'll never see in Red & Blue is a joke.

Then there are those who state they would be willing to trade our best players or "pay way overs" to get them . :wacko:

Thank @#$% your no-where near the recruiting dept.

We've gotta get better at identifying the talent before the draft.

We've got the perfect opportunity this year to pick up 1 , maybe 2 guns of our own if we get it right.

Lets concentrate on that eh.

More to the point, it seems that very few of us can dispassionately evaluate footballers.

Anyone that thinks Watts will be a better player than Cameron is simply a poor judge of football. They'll most certainly be different players and Watts has some skill traits that will be superior, but Cameron's ability to impact the game as a key forward will make him the more valuable commodity.

FFS, Cameron is in his first year and has star written all over him. If Watts had played the same way in his first year there'd be unbridled glee. He didn't. And there wasn't.

Cameron's a beautiful kick, but so is Watts. But whopper is lightening fast and taller than Cameron. Even though he had an ordinary game, Patton has the build and kicking style to be a gun. I'd take him ahead of Cameron, on size alone.

• Like 1

OK, What about OUR Jeremy? Fantastic mark, great kick, pace etc. Maybe he has Cameron covered as a forward? Have a look in your own backyard!

Howe is NOT a great kick. I'd prefer to watch Rivers and Garland take a set shot that Howe.

More to the point, it seems that very few of us can dispassionately evaluate footballers.

Anyone that thinks Watts will be a better player than Cameron is simply a poor judge of football. They'll most certainly be different players and Watts has some skill traits that will be superior, but Cameron's ability to impact the game as a key forward will make him the more valuable commodity.

FFS, Cameron is in his first year and has star written all over him. If Watts had played the same way in his first year there'd be unbridled glee. He didn't. And there wasn't.

So for a player to be a star, they need to show something in their first season, otherwise it's goodnight nurse?

C'mon BH, we all get that you rate Cameron over Watts. There probably isn't too many players running around that you don't rate ahead of Watts. But this comment about "anyone that thinks Watts will be a better player than Cameron is simply a poor judge of football" is just plain ignorant. What are the parameters of which this comparison can be made? You comment that Cameron will be able to impact a game as a key forward - are key forwards the only ones that can impact a game? I'm not sure what you think it would take for a defender to impact a game, but if my definition is close to the mark, Watts has shown over the past month that he has every bit the potential to have a strong impact on games. Perhaps I'm putting some of this blind faith in Watts' ability and potential, but for you to come out and be so strong in your belief that Watts will never be the player Cameron will be is a very early call from your perspective, given that 1 has played 50 games, and the other 10. No doubt I'll hear the typical "what Cameron has shown in 10 is far more than what Watts has shown in 50", but I'll prefer to wait til the end of their career to see which one turns out to be the better player. Until then, it has nothing to do with the level of knowledge you, me or anyone has about the game, it's about believing both players can reach their full potential, which I think Watts can, but you don't.

While I think of it BH, here's a little snippet from Jack's interview from the weekend...

"...Funnily enough, he's taking the steps forward down back, learning to play his role for the team.

"I have certainly learnt how hard it is down there and now it's just training, training, training so it becomes habit," Watts said."

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/139410/default.aspx

Poor Jack, what hope have we got if he finds the easiest position on the ground hard?

• Like 1