Just how good will Nic Naitanui become?

Range Rover

I am not disputing the stats you put up at all. And yes Nik Nat is still young and raw.

But show me another big man who is as athletic as he is on a football oval.

He picks up a ball like a rover. The guy is a freak. At present you may consider him an apprentice superstar, but in 2-3 years barring injuries he will be the weapon.

buddy?

Any which way you cut it. Nic Nat is mighty impressive. Its actually worth watching an Eagles game to see him play.

• Like 3

Look, the fact is the 201cm monster destroyed Carlton in the wet last last, swatting away opponents like they'd just been called up from the little league.

I can't see how how anyone cannot be impressed by this man.

Maybe DC. But I like to call things early. Hang my jatzies on the line. And I'm goin' with NicNat's about to blitzkreig the competition.

Hit the nail on the head

Yeah, But Buddy is not also a Center Bounce Tap ruckmen...so it wasn't the player type i was thinking of.

But yes just as devastating!

Good call.

Naitanui doesn't come close to what Buddy can do and has done. Nor will he ever have the footskills or smarts that Franklin has. Franklin could retire now as a superstar, but he's just entering his prime.

I'll eat my keyboard if Naitanui is ever as good as Buddy.

Watts over NikNat? Hey at least it wasn't Hurley or Vickery :D

• Like 1

Naitanui doesn't come close to what Buddy can do and has done. Nor will he ever have the footskills or smarts that Franklin has. Franklin could retire now as a superstar, but he's just entering his prime.

As of 2012 i agree, But the upside of both players is amazing...Buddy will kick more Goals Nik Nat will cover more ground.

Buddy doesn't Fly..but he runs....Nik Nat has a rubber spine.

Both are loose cannons.

Jack Watts is fine...not part of the discussion.

As of 2012 i agree, But the upside of both players is amazing...Buddy will kick more Goals Nik Nat will cover more ground.

Buddy doesn't Fly..but he runs....Nik Nat has a rubber spine.

Both are loose cannons.

Jack Watts is fine...not part of the discussion.

Buddy's tank is underrated.

Naitanui's marking is overrated. That said, if Buddy was a better pack mark he'd be the GOAT.

Buddy's tank is underrated.

Naitanui's marking is overrated. That said, if Buddy was a better pack mark he'd be the GOAT.

But that's why both are loose cannons....for all their brilliance they are flawed.

When Franklin looses his kicking rythm he is awful..Nik Nat still does too much sometimes...the adrenilin rush would be going flat out.

But that's why both are loose cannons....for all their brilliance they are flawed.

When Franklin looses his kicking rythm he is awful..Nik Nat still does too much sometimes...the adrenilin rush would be going flat out.

Have to disagree. When Cloke has the yips he is awful. Franklin is an elite field kick can can rack up an easy 20 at will. So even when he's got supporters cringing with his 2.7, he'll still influence a game.

Naitanui had a good 2nd half last night, but the first half was full of rookie mistakes or dodgy disposal, it was hardly anything worth raving about. It just looks good because he's so big and fast.

No doubt he's a talent and a great athlete, I just don't think he will be that great.

Have to disagree. When Cloke has the yips he is awful. Franklin is an elite field kick can can rack up an easy 20 at will. So even when he's got supporters cringing with his 2.7, he'll still influence a game.

Naitanui had a good 2nd half last night, but the first half was full of rookie mistakes or dodgy disposal, it was hardly anything worth raving about. It just looks good because he's so big and fast.

No doubt he's a talent and a great athlete, I just don't think he will be that great.

Cloke and Franklin are Chalk & Cheese really....Cloke is the last of the "old style" Full Forward most of the time.

Buddy has a tank. he is always moving....Nik Nat is as Raw as a star can be...i admit he is not there yet...but i can see the gold inside...it's there..it just needs to mature..so lets wait & see...Funny game football...we could both be wrong or right!!

The way we (posters and media) talk about players is a bit like the way that comic books are now written, there is an inflation in the adjectives used and we now have run out of words to describe players so everyone is a superstar.

NN is developing, he has rare gifts athletic and football, and he is still putting them together, so not a superstar yet, possesses the skills of one but yet to see them delivered consistently. I for one think he will cross that bridge to superstar level. The rate of development etc I don't really care about as you can see him moving forward. The Sistine Chapel wasn't done in a year, but when it was finished everyone was blown away - I'm tipping that the stucco is still drying for NN.

How do you like your keyboard done DA, sauteed or flambeed?

Edited by Range Rover

while naitanui was fantastic last night, its way too early to call him a superstar. needs a lot more four quarter efforts before he gets that label.

speaking of ruckman, carlton must be disappointed they got rid of sam jacobs. his ruck work tonight has been brilliant. jamar could definitely learn something watching how he directs his taps. he has put it on a platter to thompson about 10 times.

Edited by leehow

BREAKING NEWS: Athletic freak of a ruckman taken at #2 in his draft becomes star.

Just to add to my quality contribution to this thread: what's this "Nic" stuff? I know three people who get called Nic, two of them are named Nicole and the other is named Nicola. You're a bloke mate. It's spelt "Nick".

The greatest player ever. LOL!

Not even the greatest player of his draft year.

FFS, if NicNat was in a Melbourne jumper he'd get abused for his poor skills. And he wouldn't get a touch.

Yet when Watts has a great game he needs to "find consistency and is too soft".

The disparity between the two in terms of level headed evaluation is a joke.

Friggin MFCSS!

jaded watts is very soft. not saying he is a [censored] footballer but [censored] me he is soft! time to take off the rose coloured glasses

Oh geez. Why did I buy the BMW when I could have got the Mercedes for the same price. It looks so good in the neighbours garage too. Oh woe is me.

Anyone would think we redrafted Luke Molan. We have a very talented kid who is getting better weekly - slow progress but indeed steady - and if we re-did that draft I'd hope to hell that his name was the one we called out again. NicNat is fun to watch and he'll earn his money during his career, but he isn't Jesus and he hasn't done anything to justify the hero worship he gets from some here other than have a flashy highlight reel.

He has the potential to be, and he was great last night, but he isn't a superstar yet. He needs to back up his performance last night several times over before he is a superstar, IMO.

No superstar and never will be. Flamboyant at at times. Have a look at his previous stats and those to come. Mark my words it was a 'flash in the pan' performance. He is ungainly and his kicking is not up to standard. Even with his solo effort he couldn't finish it off with a goal. Missed badly. People shouldn't get carried away with ONE night out performance.

No superstar and never will be. Flamboyant at at times. Have a look at his previous stats and those to come. Mark my words it was a 'flash in the pan' performance. He is ungainly and his kicking is not up to standard. Even with his solo effort he couldn't finish it off with a goal. Missed badly. People shouldn't get carried away with ONE night out performance.

Yeah, what a hack. Easiest skill in the world to rove your own ruck work at the centre bounce, steam train past oncoming defenders and slot it from 50 :mellow:

Yeah, what a hack. Easiest skill in the world to rove your own ruck work at the centre bounce, steam train past oncoming defenders and slot it from 50 :mellow:

Well it's not as easy as kicking a point.