Travis Cloke Poll

Range Rover

Travis Cloke ... Yes or No.  

156 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

People saying they want Mids, very few of the mids on offer would be worth it imo, Goddard, Mitchell ect wont come as they can win a premiership.

If Cloke is available we have the cash so sign him, we will get 3 top 12 mids this draft, and maybe even a mature age Magner type WIN

I'M not against Cloke, although if we're to add another Key forward, I'd prefer a more aggressive type to show a more aggressive way of contesting, culturally...

I think he's a bit of a sook. But he can play.

I don't want to enhance a Prima Donna attitude amongst our young Kids.

His getting one of the biggest salary's in the league, I think is a bad thing for our club.

'all for one & one for all'.

But, I don't know that many are available, & we do need some maturity in the Tall Forward area.

This is an interesting poll - currently 25 each !

Where will the late votes go ? To the Conservatives ? Or the 'It's Time' people ?

Could it be a stalemate ? Will we need to go to the Polls again ?

6 of one or 150 of the other?

Maybe the Demons could end Up with a Hung Membership !

Edited by dee-luded

6 of one or 150 of the other?

Maybe the Demons could end Up with a Hung Membership !

It's a fascinating poll 'dl' . Nearly 47% (at the moment) are advocating that we go after Travis - which I reckon is a high percentage , all things considered . I also think that the undecided may be more likely to vote no .

We need a numbers cruncher - Bring in Graham Richardson !

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

I'M not against Cloke, although if we're to add another Key forward, I'd prefer a more aggressive type to show a more aggressive way of contesting, culturally...

I think he's a bit of a sook. But he can play.

I don't want to enhance a Prima Donna attitude amongst our young Kids.

His getting one of the biggest salary's in the league, I think is a bad thing for our club.

'all for one & one for all'.

But, I don't know that many are available, & we do need some maturity in the Tall Forward area.

I dont know if it was in the other thread but i saw Malthouse quoted as saying Cloke is the first on and last off at training, doing extra kicking training ect, he literally had to be stopped.

I am for Cloke soley because we have excessive cap space, or should do anyway with our list as compared to a top 4 team, we should have money to throw at someone and if we dont then it is wasted imo? who else will get it? Dunn? Bate?

Ideally we will get a good mid and forward but getting one is hard enough

I dont know if it was in the other thread but i saw Malthouse quoted as saying Cloke is the first on and last off at training, doing extra kicking training ect, he literally had to be stopped.

I am for Cloke soley because we have excessive cap space, or should do anyway with our list as compared to a top 4 team, we should have money to throw at someone and if we dont then it is wasted imo? who else will get it? Dunn? Bate?

Ideally we will get a good mid and forward but getting one is hard enough

Dunn, Bate????

Obviously if they're to get It, they'll get the BBQ as well, so they can cook it.

Go after Martin. He was on a 3, wasn't he? Go after Del Santo, J Ziebell when he comes off contract.

If we can get Martin off Richmond and palm off another Miller ,Maric type of player or two then I would start to pity the Tigers more than i do us .

Let's just bring him in and the naysayers can get over it like they did Clark.

Oh all right

Can I vote again (Im sure I could if Richo were organising it)

RR has convinced me not to be a "nervous nellie"

As long as all aspects of salary relativity, performance and team harmony are managed as well as the Clark project seems to be

Interesting poll. I would've thought going after Cloke is an absolute no brainer - particularly if Neeld and Leigh Brown think we should.

Clearly plenty here think otherwise.

Reality is - even if we are desperate to get him, I don't think he'll be in the red and the blue next year anyway.

It seems to me that it's a contest between the Pies and the Blues - and, one would think, the Pies are in the box seat.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw this article

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/tabid/7415/default.aspx?newsid=139801

and was wandering, if we do not get Cloke are there any other options for a tall forward we could recruit?

Neeld does say we do better with 2 big forwards so who else is potentially out there for the taking? Does anyone know J Darlings current contract status? His initial 2 year contract would be ending this year wouldn't it?

Neeld also joked that defender James Frawley had been knocking on his door to see whether he could follow fellow defenders Jared Rivers and Col Garland into the forward 50 after their success in front of goal in recent weeks.

I lol'd.

Remember Bailey actually did this so we could lose against Richmond, now we do it so we can win.

I lol'd.

Remember Bailey actually did this so we could lose against Richmond, now we do it so we can win.

Did you see Frawley venture i50 in the last qtr on Sunday ? Rivers had just taken the mark and was going back with Frawley screaming for it. Rivers saw him and hesitated before composing himself to go back and line up. Rivers missed that set shot.

Think you posted something about the team's song after the game and at the end someone had a dig at Rivers. 6-4 fav it was Frawley....

Did you see Frawley venture i50 in the last qtr on Sunday ? Rivers had just taken the mark and was going back with Frawley screaming for it. Rivers saw him and hesitated before composing himself to go back and line up. Rivers missed that set shot.

Think you posted something about the team's song after the game and at the end someone had a dig at Rivers. 6-4 fav it was Frawley....

I didn't post about the song, but I did see Riv miss Chip calling for it.

I like that the defenders are getting hungry for goals, I was hoping that Tommy McD would shank one through after one of his dashes forward, it'll come. Watts too, that'll look nice.

If Cloke has signed with Collingwood then we will need to see if we can source a forward elsewhere. Wonder who else is out there....Butcher? Darling? Another ruckman who wants to be a forward?

Schwartz just announced on SEN that he heard from a reliable source and is 99.9% sure that Cloke has just inked a 4 year contract, so I guess ye ol' poll and thread is now irrelevant.

Add to this that he is also on The Footy Show tonight possibly for the big announcement.

Cloke didn't come out on the Footy Show like some of us (including myself believed). Interesting.

I still think he will remain with the pies though and will sign eventually.

And when I say "come out" I mean come out and sign, not "come out" and claim homosexuality. Not that there is anything wrong with that! *

*Seinfeld fans I'm looking at you.

• Like 1

I think it is too soon to top up with a "marque" KPF like Cloke, more so given Clark's form. Two years time we should look to fill any gap with a Free Agent.

No point having two KPF players (worth 1.5 Million++) in Clark and Cloak, before we have a top grade midfield delivering the ball to them.

Cloke didn't come out on the Footy Show like some of us (including myself believed). Interesting.

I still think he will remain with the pies though and will sign eventually.

Maybe he has, but has a cooling off period?

Or maybe the Pies have some agenda, to keep it quiet for a while.

This thread is unreal. There is zero chance we are interested in Cloke. We don't need him and he wouldn't fit into our line up. And virtually no player should be signed for 5 years. Freo have reportedly offered him $1m a year for 5 years! As if we would be anywhere near that for Cloke.

We Need MIDS!!!!!! Give me a Josh Kennedy (Syd) anyday. And Sydney got him for very little.

I voted against trying to lure Cloke. Reading the articles about Leigh Matthews displeasure with Cloke and Cloke's comments on TFS just confirms my feelings about him.

I think that his ego and want for money would get in the way of team goals and would fly in the face of the culture we are trying to foster.

He'd be a perfect fit at GWS.

• Like 1