Kangas take the heat off us? (and Buddy gets a bag)

hardtack

A 115 point loss to Hawthorn will be placing Scott squarely in the spotlight and hopefully taking some heat off us. And Buddy put on a stunning show with 13 goals 4 points... the last two of which were amazing shots.

• Like 1

And the highest ever Dreamteam (204)

It's a pity we didn't have 'Dreamteam' or 'Supercoach' back in the last round of 1947 !

• Like 1

Whatever the case it must be Brad Scott's turn to face the blowtorch this week.

After all, it's only a few weeks ago that an insipid Melbourne with about 10 players on its injured list lost to Hawthorn by a mere 66 points. For the Kangaroos, who have almost a full list to choose from, to fall over to the same team by 115 points is a tsunami-like disaster that will no doubt mobilise the media across the nation into dissecting every aspect of the club from top to bottom.

I fully expect Caroline Wilson to write a scathing column blaming infighting within the board for the mess they're in. Perched on his couch, Paul Roos will take apart Scott's coaching tactics and strategies by putting together a film montage of three or four instances where his players stuffed up as proof that he can't coach. David King will join the chorus and announce that the game plan's shit and the North Melbourne board blundered by not replacing Scott in the off season with someone like Rodney Eade or even Matthew Knights (after all, both were available) and for the abysmal oversight of failing to make contact with Ross Lyon or elder statesmen like Mick Malthouse or Tom Hafey.

Of course, Tony Shaw will pipe in that Scott must give Andrew Swallow the flick as skipper and either reinstate Boomer Harvey or give the gig to Lindsay Thomas to make him happy and help him straighten his kicking for goal. Grant Thomas will blame it on the AFL and Robert Walls will suggest a possible merger with the Gold Coast.

This stuff should fill the papers all week as long as Age journos don't continue with their strike action.

• Like 12

That's for sure. 18 goals would net quite a healthy return in both of those competitions.

It was Fred Fanning's last game as well - remarkable way to finish . 'VOD' might have been there to witness it !

• Like 1

Whatever the case it must be Brad Scott's turn to face the blowtorch this week.

After all, it's only a few weeks ago that an insipid Melbourne with about 10 players on its injured list lost to Hawthorn by a mere 66 points. For the Kangaroos, who have almost a full list to choose from, to fall over to the same team by 115 points is a tsunami-like disaster that will no doubt mobilise the media across the nation into dissecting every aspect of the club from top to bottom.

I fully expect Caroline Wilson to write a scathing column blaming infighting within the board for the mess they're in. Perched on his couch, Paul Roos will take apart Scott's coaching tactics and strategies by putting together a film montage of three or four instances where his players stuffed up as proof that he can't coach. David King will join the chorus and announce that the game plan's [censored] and the North Melbourne board blundered by not replacing Scott in the off season with someone like Rodney Eade or even Matthew Knights (after all, both were available) and for the abysmal oversight of failing to make contact with Ross Lyon or elder statesmen like Mick Malthouse or Tom Hafey.

Of course, Tony Shaw will pipe in that Scott must give Andrew Swallow the flick as skipper and either reinstate Boomer Harvey or give the gig to Lindsay Thomas to make him happy and help him straighten his kicking for goal. Grant Thomas will blame it on the AFL and Robert Walls will suggest a possible merger with the Gold Coast.

This stuff should fill the papers all week as long as Age journos don't continue with their strike action.

Good journalistic style reading 'Whisper', but no logic - Scott knows what he is doing with what he has got - that's why he's there for a while. 'Some days are diamonds, some days are stones' ring a bell?

Watching Adelaide, thankfully we didn't get Ross Lyon, sadly we got Neeld, and how I wish we'd got Sanderson - but we didn't look did we!

The final SC scores have been updated...it was even higher than 220. Buddy finished with 236 points! I wish I'd picked him as my captain this week.

My friend calculated jason dunstall's hypothetical supercoach (or may have been dreamteam) stats on the day he kicked 17 goals and i think it was 270 points!

Good journalistic style reading 'Whisper', but no logic - Scott knows what he is doing with what he has got - that's why he's there for a while. 'Some days are diamonds, some days are stones' ring a bell?

Watching Adelaide, thankfully we didn't get Ross Lyon, sadly we got Neeld, and how I wish we'd got Sanderson - but we didn't look did we!

you are kidding yourself

If I hear any fairy bullsh!t about the Great Shinboner Spirit in the next 2 months after that performance today I will get projectile-ly ill...

Bad Chicko roll for lunch rpfc?

I am starting to get a warm glow about 28th July!

It might have escaped you but I wasn't trying to be logical just pre-empting the pundits :)

However, I really do think that Scott is now under the pump. His team beat GWS and GCS earlier in the season and had one other winning performance - a big one against Geelong. That's with a close to full side available.

He's definitely in trouble.