A statement from A SUPPORTER

satyricon

I have actually restrained myself from posting in any of the topics from the last couple of days, some of which I find very hard to believe, and I don't want to be banned

Saturday, in Mountain View pub, surrounded by supporters of both Essendon and Richmond, myself and my partner left at half time, our choice, but will be back at the G this Sunday to support our team, we always will

If you have had enough of supporting Melbourne, THEN DON'T, it is that simple, it is a game of footy, nobody dies, some of the posters really do need to take a look at themselves and at what they have posted, some of the personal attacks have been rude, obnoxious, libelous, defammatory etc etc

But of course you can hide behind a 'nickname', safe in the knowledge that you will not be confronted by a highly embaressed, [censored] off, angry player who is looking for somebody to hit to take out the frustration they feel, if I was one Jack Watts this is what I would be looking to do

I have no idea what is wrong with the team at the moment, but we have a Board, Administration and Footy Dept who will give it their best shot to get it right, everything changes.

It may be the players, coaching staff etc, only those involved have any real idea, I have an opinion but I will not thrust it down everybody's throats as the truth which is what happens on this board

I love this 'impeccable source', if you are a player/administrator etc of MFC, come out from behind your nickname and say so, if you don't it is rumour, innuendo or hearsay......the only impeccable source we have on this board is Cam Schwab when he comes on here to kill off some other ridiculour rumour, check the posts you will find them

I actually support Everton in the EPL, every year we have an horrendous start, but eventually get it together, we have not actually won anything major for a while, but you can see that is changing....and we will .and the Club has had the balls to stand by Manager David Moyes through everything coz they can see the future, but they have done it with integrity and not sold out

Stick with MFC, we will get there

• Like 13

I have actually restrained myself from posting in any of the topics from the last couple of days, some of which I find very hard to believe, and I don't want to be banned

Saturday, in Mountain View pub, surrounded by supporters of both Essendon and Richmond, myself and my partner left at half time, our choice, but will be back at the G this Sunday to support our team, we always will

If you have had enough of supporting Melbourne, THEN DON'T, it is that simple, it is a game of footy, nobody dies, some of the posters really do need to take a look at themselves and at what they have posted, some of the personal attacks have been rude, obnoxious, libelous, defammatory etc etc

But of course you can hide behind a 'nickname', safe in the knowledge that you will not be confronted by a highly embaressed, [censored] off, angry player who is looking for somebody to hit to take out the frustration they feel, if I was one Jack Watts this is what I would be looking to do

I have no idea what is wrong with the team at the moment, but we have a Board, Administration and Footy Dept who will give it their best shot to get it right, everything changes.

It may be the players, coaching staff etc, only those involved have any real idea, I have an opinion but I will not thrust it down everybody's throats as the truth which is what happens on this board

I love this 'impeccable source', if you are a player/administrator etc of MFC, come out from behind your nickname and say so, if you don't it is rumour, innuendo or hearsay......the only impeccable source we have on this board is Cam Schwab when he comes on here to kill off some other ridiculour rumour, check the posts you will find them

I actually support Everton in the EPL, every year we have an horrendous start, but eventually get it together, we have not actually won anything major for a while, but you can see that is changing....and we will .and the Club has had the balls to stand by Manager David Moyes through everything coz they can see the future, but they have done it with integrity and not sold out

Agree fully....As I said in another post....Every player tries...
  • Like 1

Hey, Satyricon, couldn't help but notice your Everton reference. I started following the Dees about 1963. At the beginning of 1965 Everton came to Oz and played Australia at Olympic Park, my father being an Englishman took me to this game. Everton won 8-2! Still have kept an eye on Everton over the years as my favourite English team.

Great sentiments expressed here and by and large I agree. Unfortunately, given the MFC's history of self-immolation, it is understandable long suffering supporters are cynical. Once again, I do not seek to apportion blame anywhere, other than to say, the serious nature of what confronts us, transcends the playing group alone.

Whatever the issues, they need to be sorted soon. Unlike the EPL, there are not the $$$$$ going around, which will have the patience or stomach for such constantly inept performances.

I agree that personal attacks on players should never be tolerated, but we have every right to vent our frustration at player's performances. Indeed if not here, then where?

Among the muck heap that is the MFC at the present time, I find a tiny bit of solace in coming here and seeing hundreds of other guys and gals who feel the same way as I do.

It's also all very well to say we have an administration and a footy dept who will do their best to get it right, but when is this not the case? Surely we as members have a responsbility to hold them to account.

Blind faith is all well and good, but it can often lead to positions like the one we find ourselves in.

We all demonstrate our passion for this club in different ways, and that too needs to be respected to a certain degree.

• Like 2

to be honest, I wouldn't care less if Cale Morton or Jack Watts confronted me. Both have the intimidation equal to Nikki Webster.

In todays age, we are obsessed with stats and just because Watts and Morton collect a few cheap possies doesn't mean they are improving. if Watts just went back with the flight of the ball once, just once, then that would be cause for optimism. But he doesnt. He lets us down time and time again. Moving around Watts from back to forward is like re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

I would just prefer our club to admit we made a mistake with many of our early draft choices so we dont have to waste time with them. Watts would deem a late 2nd round pick now, and Morton maybe a late 3rd rounder. This is their worth.

Sylvia and Moloney won't be delisted. They are simply too good. They may seek a trade which is another story but they have dominated too many games to be thrown away.

And I'm a supporter and I never leave games early because I stay right to the very end hoping to see an act of courage or bravery from a player other than Jones, Clarke, Howe and Rivers. Any glimpse of hope is what we ask for. Change things up just to try to offer hope. And please lets start recruiting guys that can hit a target. I mean even our captain Grimes can't hit the broad side of a barn.

I agree we must stop finger pointing, i have been at qa club where everyone finger pointes, it never leads anywhere good. after the bye you will see a more free flowing game plan. There is one thing casey game plan and the dees game plan are total diffrent, no wonder no one understandes Neelds game plan, casey use the middle of the park, mostly, and they run and carry more.

to be honest, I wouldn't care less if Cale Morton or Jack Watts confronted me. Both have the intimidation equal to Nikki Webster.

In todays age, we are obsessed with stats and just because Watts and Morton collect a few cheap possies doesn't mean they are improving. if Watts just went back with the flight of the ball once, just once, then that would be cause for optimism. But he doesnt. He lets us down time and time again. Moving around Watts from back to forward is like re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

I would just prefer our club to admit we made a mistake with many of our early draft choices so we dont have to waste time with them. Watts would deem a late 2nd round pick now, and Morton maybe a late 3rd rounder. This is their worth.

Sylvia and Moloney won't be delisted. They are simply too good. They may seek a trade which is another story but they have dominated too many games to be thrown away.

And I'm a supporter and I never leave games early because I stay right to the very end hoping to see an act of courage or bravery from a player other than Jones, Clarke, Howe and Rivers. Any glimpse of hope is what we ask for. Change things up just to try to offer hope. And please lets start recruiting guys that can hit a target. I mean even our captain Grimes can't hit the broad side of a barn.

you are tottaly wrong about watts, he is one player that hits most of his targets, throwing him away is the most stuipd thing of heard, stop being in love with nic nat and give watts some time, sydney would trun watts into a super star

Edited by vincehotboy
  • Like 1

"to be honest, I wouldn't care less if Cale Morton or Jack Watts confronted me. Both have the intimidation equal to Nikki Webster"

Puffing out your keyboard again.

I personally don't look at stats, I just want to see them have a crack, if they don't I walk away disappointed but front up the next week anyway, last time I looked the game was played by young guys who beneath the guernsey are human beings

This is not aimed at you Freak in particular

But if you are somebody who feels the need to continually whinge, berate, criticise, belittle etc, then you do really need to look inwards first

I am all for venting one's frustrations, but criticism is much better received if it is constructive, and as I have said in other topics, unless behind your nickname you are a player of 1 to 200 games of AFL football or you have coached at that level....what would you know? I am prepared and waiting to be enlightened

• Like 4

I am all for venting one's frustrations, but criticism is much better received if it is constructive, and as I have said in other topics, unless behind your nickname you are a player of 1 to 200 games of AFL football or you have coached at that level....what would you know? I am prepared and waiting to be enlightened

This line of argument is nonsense. So only those who have played AFL are qualified/allowed to provide comment? Seriously...

• Like 3

This line of argument is nonsense. So only those who have played AFL are qualified/allowed to provide comment? Seriously...

They are allowed to provide comment? depends on your definition of comment, in regard to a player being soft why are they getting a game, they can't kick, no good under pressure.that is not comment that is criticism, and if you are going to critiicise you need to know what you are talking about otherwise it is just a lot of hot air

I am highly experienced in a certain field of work, and I can pick somebody who doesn't know what they are saying or doing, so therefore the same thing applies..."if u aint dun it, how do u know"

Mate I could not agree more. The talk on here of some 'supporters' turning their back on the players at this weekends game is disgusting and will damage the spirits of the few that actually try. Stick by our club, stop sooking and have faith that all the hacks will be ousted at year end.

"to be honest, I wouldn't care less if Cale Morton or Jack Watts confronted me. Both have the intimidation equal to Nikki Webster"

Puffing out your keyboard again.

I personally don't look at stats, I just want to see them have a crack, if they don't I walk away disappointed but front up the next week anyway, last time I looked the game was played by young guys who beneath the guernsey are human beings

This is not aimed at you Freak in particular

But if you are somebody who feels the need to continually whinge, berate, criticise, belittle etc, then you do really need to look inwards first

totally agree.......keyboard heroes. All i can add is its hard to teach anyone anything let alone lots of things. Neeld is trying to change it all. its very ambitious and it may not work but it may work. Are we any closer to a flag if we had beaten say the Lions, Saints and Dogs? My argument would be no.

• Like 1

I agree with this sentiment. The tide will turn. There is always hope.

E.G.

I attended a local derby in Hobart last weekend and watched a player (in Collingwood colours) demolish my beloved North Hobart (Dees). His name is Ben Brown and he is playing this weekend against the VFL. He is 200 cm, good build, very mobile, elusive, fast and can kick goals from anywhere. Ben would definitely be someone to look at for 2012 and there is also a wonderful centre line player called Bowden who would be worth a look, quick with silky skills and football smarts and also playing against the VFL on the weekend.

Ben Beams is coaching these players and has been in contact with a couple of AFL sides about these two, hopefully Melbourne are aware?

We will emerge from this trough, I for one will always be a Dee!

Looking forward to Monday morning's headline DEES STUN WASTEFUL BLUES !!!!!!!!!

I blame the senior players attitudes. Too much of being up themselves and not realising that it is their attitude that is killing the team.

The new guys to the team don't have that attitude problem which is evident in the way they approach their football.

Anyone who has played the game for 10-15 years at a reasonable level will understand the buzz you get just walking down the main street and having strangers coming up to you and talking footie; especially the town team.

This fame is addictive and it can go to your head.

This is where I see our senior players right now.

It is time to go back to basics. Neeld should give them an opponent and play man on man football and that will sort the wheat from the chaff. Get their heads sorted out

If they can win the ball then then they have to develop a game plan to suit themselves. Playing together for a long time, they should know the strengths and weaknesses of each other.

After 3-4 games the players who cannot hack it will sort themselves out and Neeld will have a direction to go in.

E.G.

I attended a local derby in Hobart last weekend and watched a player (in Collingwood colours) demolish my beloved North Hobart (Dees). His name is Ben Brown and he is playing this weekend against the VFL. He is 200 cm, good build, very mobile, elusive, fast and can kick goals from anywhere. Ben would definitely be someone to look at for 2012 and there is also a wonderful centre line player called Bowden who would be worth a look, quick with silky skills and football smarts and also playing against the VFL on the weekend.

Ben Beams is coaching these players and has been in contact with a couple of AFL sides about these two, hopefully Melbourne are aware?

P13 Please do not hold your breath because you probably won't see no. 13

But he doesnt. He lets us down time and time again.

I wish we'd had a few more who let us down as much as Watts did on the weekend.

Having 22 thugs out there, all desperately looking for packs to back into, is not going to win us games.

• Like 1

Satyricon we have two loves the Dees & The Toffees, I got given a blue jersey in 1976 and told that is an Everton jersey so followed them ever since, was at Wembley in 1995 when we won the FA Cup great day and we started that season off in terrible dissaray and looked like getting relegated. In 1980 when we first came to Australia I switched on the tele and the Dees were playing Fitzroy so I picked the Dees and have followed them ever since.

It's tough on both sides but the more we get kicked and the more it hurts just tells me how much I love the club. I have seen many dire situations in my life that you would think there is no hope, so I agree with your analogy that it's only a game. However like life there is always hope and light at the end of the tunnel.

But anyway great post and look forward to our day "Tiocfadh Ar Lor"

I agree that personal attacks on players should never be tolerated, but we have every right to vent our frustration at player's performances. Indeed if not here, then where?

Among the muck heap that is the MFC at the present time, I find a tiny bit of solace in coming here and seeing hundreds of other guys and gals who feel the same way as I do.

It's also all very well to say we have an administration and a footy dept who will do their best to get it right, but when is this not the case? Surely we as members have a responsbility to hold them to account.

Blind faith is all well and good, but it can often lead to positions like the one we find ourselves in.

We all demonstrate our passion for this club in different ways, and that too needs to be respected to a certain degree.

I could not agree more P_man

IMO the members of the MFC have way too often had blind faith and what has it achieved over the last 48 years 2 GF appearances for nil wins. i.e. one appearance every 24 years.

Over the last 4.5 seasons we have had finished Last, Last, 12, 12, and this year at best third last but probably last.

I am over "blind Faith"

E.G.

Edited by longsuffering

Mighty Demon.

Yes it's a game, buts it's a game that requires passion by both players and supporters alike. I am just struggling to accept the agenda and passion for MFC of some of the people running the ship. Cameron Schwab, for one. While he was over at Freemantle I was at the MCG watching us play and mostly lose. I was there in the late 60s and 70s when Diamond Jim came to town. And for the record mighty demon, my names Paul Landy. What's yours?.

I could not agree more P_man

IMO the members of the MFC have way too often had blind faith and what has it achieved over the last 48 years 2 GF appearances for nil wins. i.e. one appearance every 24 years.

Over the last 4.5 seasons we have had finished Last, Last, 12, 12, and this year at best third last but probably last.

I am over "blind Faith"

Basically I agree with Old Dee's sentiment here.

As a 50 year supporter the last 48 years have been one piece of "blind faith" after another.

There have been so many failed seasons. And, even though I have not been in Melbourne to go to the games very much for the last 20 years, the hurt and frustration from failure is still there.

2 failed Grand Finals in all that time.

I sometimes wonder why I bother.

Being out of town, I have a perfect excuse not to follow them - but I do.

At this time when it seems we are actually trying a different approach to our team and the way we play, we should give those we so enthusiastically put in charge just over 6 months ago a bit longer, before we once again throw the baby out with the bath water.

Getting rid of Neeld and the others on the coaching panel will be "deja vu - all over again".

We took a big gamble in appointing Neeld - that is a given.

But, from what I can see, sitting in the outer, he has a very,very difficult set of issues to deal with.

When you have let a culture build up among the players, where they are not encouraged to play for the team, but for their own egos and let their bad habits just fester, it's going to take more than 1 pre-season and 8 games to fix.

But, of course it's right for us to let the club know what we think and how concerned we are about being on the bottom - yet again.

It is not good enough.

But neither is just being "competitive" ; getting to 2 Grand Finals in 48 years and failing both times.

In both those games we were little better than what was seen in Sydney last week.

I want more than just a win or 2.

I want us to be the best team in the competition - which means winning the Grand Final.

I think history has shown the way we have been doing it was never going to work.

This is nothing short of as revolution.

It also might fail.

But,let's not turn it into a civil war.

Jesus, if it actually inspired them to play a decent game, I'd consider just giving them a freebie.

• Like 1