Box Hill Hawks v Casey Scorpions

Guest José Mourinho

Thanks for the reports guys.

Bummer now is that they have 2 weeks off. Terrible for the likes of Cook, Strauss etc. etc. Perhaps Jurrah still needs another run to get his match fitness up. Perhaps they might rush him back in for Sydney, presumably would add something the likes of Petterd don't seem to be able to for the moment.

I think it'll actually be good for all the players not entrenched in the 1st team.

It'll give them the opportunity for a mini-preseason.

I would have liked just a little more from Jurrah, Blease and Watts. They all had quiet last quarters, although some have suggested the Watts and Jurrah were benched for most of the last.

That bit of defensive work by Davis - where he ran down Amos Frank then won a two against one contest near their goal square - that was one of the best pieces of defensive play i have seen.

I only saw the first quarter, but the main thing that made an impression on me was when Jurrah touched the ball three times in the same passage of play. I don't think I've seen one of our players do that once in the "big" side this year. He's class - surely he must come straight in if he's got the miles in the legs.

I bet Green and Bruce never talked about playing against each other in the VFL when they carpooled to training in the 00s. Glad to see Brucey's finally come to terms with his balding and has an appropriate "do" for a man of his hairline.

Jurrah was benched a fair bit in the 2nd half, as was Watts and Green. All 3 of those blokes will be up for selection I reckon. Nicholson made errors but worked hard and got plenty of it, as did Dunn.

So much more entertaining watching the Scorps than the Dees at the moment.

So far Thats the understatement of 2012

• Like 1

Dunn topped the possies. Hope Jurrah is called up as I am going to next Saturday's game and my son idolises him (well, so do I). First chance I've had to see the Dees in Sydney for a few years.

Better lay in a supply of valium hardtack you are going to need it.

Have mercy on your son mate leave him home

Better lay in a supply of valium hardtack you are going to need it.

Have mercy on your son mate leave him home

I'm not so sure OD. I have a strong feeling this will be our first win

NOTE: The above statement is subject to the following clause; The poster reserves the right to change the above statement, in particular after seeing the final teams announced and upon any official statements emanating from the bowels of the FD, the administration of the MFC and/or the players themselves (including any off field matters of significance which is believed may impact on field performance).

Edited by Rusty Nails
  • Like 1

I'm not so sure OD. I have a strong feeling this will be our first win

NOTE: The above statement is subject to the following clause; The poster reserves the right to change the above statement, in particular after seeing the final teams announced and upon any official statements emanating from the bowels of the FD, the administration of the MFC and/or the players themselves (including any off field matters of significance which is believed may impact on field performance).

Love Your Optimism RN

I only saw the first quarter, but the main thing that made an impression on me was when Jurrah touched the ball three times in the same passage of play. I don't think I've seen one of our players do that once in the "big" side this year.

Especially not when all you do is kick to the boundary for a throw-in.

I thought LJ had a great 2nd qtr but faded a bit in the last half. Is it just me or does LJ not fly for his marks anymore? There was a point midway through last year where he stoped flying for marks and ever since then he seems to stay down and get the crumb. Get the boy back in the side and tell him to fly for everything that comes near him.

I thought LJ had a great 2nd qtr but faded a bit in the last half. Is it just me or does LJ not fly for his marks anymore? There was a point midway through last year where he stoped flying for marks and ever since then he seems to stay down and get the crumb. Get the boy back in the side and tell him to fly for everything that comes near him.

We do need a forward crumber as Davey doesn't work hard enough. Also Howe likes to spoil every teammate to try and take hanger every time.

Thought Taggert and Davis were both excellent. Dunn is good at this level and should stay here. Watts is a class above but still not hard enough defensively, Regardless he offers us more playing in the firsts the next two weeks rather than not playing at all. Jurrah again was good first half then ran out of legs would not surprise to see him play as sub next week.I though Blease played smarter than I have seen and was alot better defensively.

Good summary.

Although I cant see Jurrah getting a run given lack of match fitness and the court case coming up.

• Like 1

is he fit enough to run out a game though?

Couldn't do worse than current players
  • Like 1

We do need a forward crumber as Davey doesn't work hard enough. Also Howe likes to spoil every teammate to try and take hanger every time.

last genuine crummer we had was Vardy. Davey reminds me of Lleyton Hewiit - relies on speed so much so you notice when they age and lose it.

Edited by Norm Smith's Curse

I think Taggert is exactly the type of player we lack at AFL level in the midfield. Ran hard to spread, pressured to intercept, kicked goals and his field kicking was seriously impressive. After he builds his match fitness up a bit, it shouldn't be too long before he gets a call up.

I think Taggert is exactly the type of player we lack at AFL level in the midfield. Ran hard to spread, pressured to intercept, kicked goals and his field kicking was seriously impressive. After he builds his match fitness up a bit, it shouldn't be too long before he gets a call up.

In that case he probably doesn't fit in with Mark Neeld's game plan.

Yes, good work Barry Prendergast.

Yes, good work Barry Prendergast.

Yeah and Dunn looked great yesterday as well, good work Craig Cameron.

Let's wait until Taggert has at least played a game of AFL before we start congratulating Prendergast for selecting him.