What i want to see tonight...

What do you want to see happen tonight in the game?

Would you like to see just one player have a break out game? Watts, Morton?

Would you like to see for once a player on our list who has been harshly criticised coming out and proving everyone wrong? Sylvia?

Or just want to see some noticable improvement from some of the players that actually look like they have a future? Watts, Howe?

Or are you concentrating on the negative - looking for the players that are letting us down to draw a line through?

or just looking to get some value for another years membership? While drowning your sorrows with carpet-tasting MCG beer?

To be honest I dont even know what I want to see anymore tonight. Im not depressed that we are losing. Im not depressed that our list doesnt look as good as many thought it did. What I am depressed about is just the lack of passion in the eyes of the players and the dreary look of resignation in the coach and supporters. I just want to see the boys put everything on the line - play with passion - play with conviction and actually stand up and draw a line in the sand for themselves, the team and the supporters.

Round 1 i sat next to a bloke that had the biggest grin on his face - and i saw him again a few weeks later with a face covered in a dark frown. the frown we all know a little too well...

Edited by Norm Smith's Curse

I would like to see Neeld trying a few different things such as the mooted move of Watts in defence on Reiwoldt. Also want to see them holding marks and not standing off their opponents giving them free disposal...I want to see them attacking relentlessly and the forwards leading to the ball rather than just having it bombed up to them; that simply won't work with no Clark on the receiving end. The last thing I would like to see is Howe learning to lead for a mark rather than coming from behind in an effort to take a flyer every time.

• Like 1

After watching Fremantle last night, who at times looked positively Melbourne-esque in their ball movement, I want to see a win.

St Kilda were beaten at home by the Dockers. If we put in a four quarter effort and start tipping some key stats in our favour, a win is not out of the question.

That said, without Clark, Petterd or Jurrah up front, you have to question where our goals will come from. With our best key defender out also (supposedly), it will make things extremely tough.

Failing a win, I want to see AT LEAST the same level of effort as was seen against the Dogs. And if things don't go our way on the scoreboard, NO REDUCTION IN EFFORT. NO DROPPING OF HEADS.

Apologies for the caps.

I would love to see us draw the line in the sand we should have drawn last round, or even Round 1, but not only can I not see it happening, I can't even imagine that it could happen.

We have no spirit or unity whatsoever, the apparent "spirit and effort" we showed for a quarter last week was nothing more than chest thumping and trash talking that was not backed up at all with our efforts at getting the ball.

Something is drastically wrong at our beloved footy club, and I don't think anyone has an idea how to fix it.

Never been more deflated or had less hope to be a Dees supporter. Heart breaking. I still have hope, but only because I force myself too, and I still try to believe that one win could turn everything around....

Watching GWS at the moment is telling me that one thing I really want to see us do is to step up big time from what we did last week. GWS are presently running rings around the Bulldogs and that, I'm afraid, is putting our performance of last week into some perspective.

I want to see a win. Watching us get belted every week is getting very boring. Going with my inlaws tonight who are all saints members. Going to be a rough night.

If there is one thing I cannot stand its a saint supporter. LOL. i was there in 2006 when these two face-painted spanks got in my face when the saints kicked two in a row in the final but unfortunately they were no where to be seen when i wanted to return the favour at the end of the game...

I sense that tonight might be our best showing so far for the year.

Hopefully a penny or two will have dropped as to how to make this game-plan work during the week.

I want to see them show some fight and not get belted.

I don't expect them to win, but for f*cks sake fight it out until the end at least. We all throw our hard earned money at you every year, we come sit there in the cold and wet to watch you play, all we want in return is for you try your asses off. You are professional footballers, you get paid to do this, so leave nothing in the tank by the end and have some pride. Winning would be great, but it seems beyond this group at the moment. Just please please PLEASE fight.

• Like 2

Watts to play on Riewoldt and realise what it takes.

Moloney to play on Hayes and realise what it takes.

Morton to play on Dal Santo and realise what it takes.

Jamar to make an effective hit-out into space.

Marks inside fifty.

Edited by Chook

I want to see them show some fight and not get belted.

I don't expect them to win, but for f*cks sake fight it out until the end at least. We all throw our hard earned money at you every year, we come sit there in the cold and wet to watch you play, all we want in return is for you try your asses off. You are professional footballers, you get paid to do this, so leave nothing in the tank by the end and have some pride. Winning would be great, but it seems beyond this group at the moment. Just please please PLEASE fight.

Mate you have summed it up perfectly. I want to see urgency.

A clue to our game plan.

I want to see something that helps me understand what the new gameplan is. I know we started out against the Lions going down the boundary and having one big bloke up forward, but I've lost the picture since then.

Is the team trying to develop a new style of play? I keep hearing "give them time to work out he new plan, the new structures, the new coach's requirements", but buggered if I can tell from the sidelines what they are trying to do. It just looks like an absolute mess.

Or are we (the club) trying to test and develop the players individually? So we work out who will be culled at year end?

I don't know.

So I want to see something tonight that helps me better understand who and what I am supporting.

I tell ya it will be free flowing and at 13-1 for an aggregate 33 goals being scored , jump on Dr Turf

I just want to see free flow yes but rhythm and better skills , not this tripe we've been dishing

This train ride is getting longer & longer to the G

C'MON BOYS LIFFFFFFFT

Guest melbman

I want to see the channel 7 tower on Mount Dandy fall over so that the football viewing public won't see the train wreck that is the Dees