Relax We've got this.....

Hey peoples Now Just sit back and relax we've got this game against the tigers. Why? How can you say that! we suck, I give up, our list sucks, Recruiting is poor,Schwab needs to go and Bring back Bailey is what I have been reading. We will beat the tigers no drama. I did just post in the changes vs tigers thread so I thought I would start this one because we do have some good players who can win games for us. So I'll start down back. I believe its a very solid backline with Rive,Garland and Chippa. They just need to not be seeing the ball every two seconds and be surrounded by opposition midfielders and that isn't gonna happen against the tigers. Our midfielders will be a lot better this week if Beamer is back. Who is Beamer? Oh yeah he is that bloke who won the B&F last year. With JT,Jones,Magner and hopefully Couch all in and under and also a tag on Martin we've got this. Another game for Russian to prove his worth. Who's Russian? He is an all australian Ruckman and one of the best hit out players in the league. Bate needs to play a full game he is getting touches with little game time so give him a start Neeld. Our forwards will smash them if Ricky P and Clark start deep. They can't handle two big agile forwards who can take a grab. They have no hope of stopping them two. Throw in Watts and Martin and it's in the bag. BRING IT TIGERS! You will be are [censored]! Powerade showers for all GO DEES!

• Like 4

ok i feel a little better... agree we have a great backline... the are just overworked and low on moral... our mids when on song.. are good enough.. just not so sure about our foward line.. yeah sure.. nice to have clark down there... but really.. throwing Watts in.. is worse than throwing a cardboard cut-out of franklin in...

Yeah ok Im starting to feel better, picked up the tele from the repair man....Monday night now, those bloody weagles. They will smash a few teams over there......Still Clarke did kick 5 didnt he....out of how many inside 50s?? 19!!??? Well hell, he will get a bit more of it this week. Your right CFH.....bring on our easter bunnies!!!!

Hahaha! Yeah right, as if this club can afford to relax...!

No the club cant relax but I'm pretty sure some around here need to.

• Like 1

ok i feel a little better... agree we have a great backline... the are just overworked and low on moral... our mids when on song.. are good enough.. just not so sure about our foward line.. yeah sure.. nice to have clark down there... but really.. throwing Watts in.. is worse than throwing a cardboard cut-out of franklin in...

clark straightens us up in our forward line watts doesn't have to play forward to hurt the tigers.

Our forwards will smash them if Ricky P and Clark start deep. They can't handle two big agile forwards who can take a grab. They have no hope of stopping them two. Throw in Watts and Martin and it's in the bag. BRING IT TIGERS! You will be are [censored]! Powerade showers for all GO DEES!

If Petterd is classified as "big" then we are in serious trouble.

Im with ya cowboy, footy is a strange game and you never know what can happen. Neeld seems to be remaining pretty positive and i like that. We are definately better than what we have shown so far, bound to come together at some stage. Im going to rd 4 game for big jimmy, and i dont even care if we lose. As long as we stand united this club will come good!!!

If Petterd is classified as "big" then we are in serious trouble.

He is big compared to the tigers backline they are woeful. Except for grimes he reminds me of someone I just can't get my head around it though.

• Like 1

clark straightens us up in our forward line watts doesn't have to play forward to hurt the tigers.

I remember seeing Watts kick a few against them for us .

I wish I was with ya cowboy - at the very least I'll have some of what you're on.

Love the post, hope your right!

I'm on midweek optimism. My lack of brain power tends to help me forget about the week before. But In all seriousness I don't think we are top 4 or 8 for that matter but some people are getting confused with their animals on here. We are playing the tigers not the cats and it's 4 points for us.

I remember seeing Watts kick a few against them for us .

Spot on Biffen I think I have watched the you tube clip a hundred times to remind myself how good he will be.

I feel we have a massive opportunity to turn things around here, there were signs in the WC match that we had some of an idea of what Neeled wanted us to do but in the end conditions, our still new game plan, and WC's slickness got us badly. As long as we continue to stay out of the media for anything other than football and if the guys can get their heads on straight I think we can burst out of the blocks and beat Richmond.

Our start against the Eagles wasn't as bad as the score suggested, we actually dominated play for about half the quarter but failed to put it on the board then some soft and undisaplined frees ended up giving them a comfy quarter time lead.

We've got the team to match (and beat) them in most positions, and hopefully we'll click this week. God knows we need (and deserve) a little good news.

Edited by Pates
  • Like 3

Richmond have out-scored us in both their opening games, and only lost to Collingwood by 21 points (after scoring 16 behinds)

People who think we've got this, or this should be a formality are kidding themselves. They have a superior midfield, manage more scoring opportunities than us and put in a more consistant effort than us over 4 quarters.

Their disposal may not be that much better than ours but they will win more clearances and in turn have more scoring shots than us.

I would like a win but it's not going to happen this week. Predicting Richmond to better us by at least 2 goals a quarter. 48 point line.

Richmond have out-scored us in both their opening games, and only lost to Collingwood by 21 points (after scoring 16 behinds)

People who think we've got this, or this should be a formality are kidding themselves. They have a superior midfield, manage more scoring opportunities than us and put in a more consistant effort than us over 4 quarters.

Their disposal may not be that much better than ours but they will win more clearances and in turn have more scoring shots than us.

I would like a win but it's not going to happen this week. Predicting Richmond to better us by at least 2 goals a quarter. 48 point line.

Well if it doesn't happen this week it going to be a long and sad season!

I feel we have a massive opportunity to turn things around here, there were signs in the WC match that we had some of an idea of what Neeled wanted us to do but in the end conditions, our still new game plan, and WC's slickness got us badly. As long as we continue to stay out of the media for anything other than football and if the guys can get their heads on straight I think we can burst out of the blocks and beat Richmond.

Our start against the Eagles wasn't as bad as the score suggested, we actually dominated play for about half the quarter but failed to put it on the board then some soft and undisaplined frees ended up giving them a comfy quarter time lead.

We've got the team to match (and beat) them in most positions, and hopefully we'll click this week. God knows we need (and deserve) a little good news.

I think we can work into Our game during the first half, & I think we can overcome them in the 2nd Half.

IF, we can stay composed.

I call on all our supporters who'll be there, to not bring any air of apprehension & disbelief to the game. Be ready for some sloppy play from us in the first half as we struggle to find some form & fluency. Hang in there and help, don't hinder, with the atmosphere we create with our voices, or groans, at the ground...

If ever the players & Jimma's memory need our patience, it's this week.

I was away on the weekend in the wilderness with no access to TV, radio, etc.

I IQ'd the game and watched the first qtr last night. We actaully were not too bad. I have seen us down 5 goals in the first 15 minutes plenty of times on the road in the last few years, and having the standard "we won the last quarter" line trotted out when the game was over halfway through the first period is no better than the belting we got either.

I will refrain from watching the rest of the game to not tarnish my optimism for this weekend. I think we have a chance.

Their ruckmen has a mullet! Our ruckmen don't. We've got this one sloonie we match up well with the tigers. We have their forward line covered Chippa takes out riewoldt, Riv will smash Vickery who can't get the footy, they don't have push up king and their backiline blows goats. We've got this Sloonie but we need your support. Can't do it without ya!

If our senior players all step up we can win this game . And I reckon Davey and Moloney will come into the team . Apart from anything else we're really low on confidence . Neeld needs to get all our senior players together and motivate them for a concerted effort .

In some ways the Tigers have a lot more to play for . They've got Geelong and West Coast after us . I know of a few Tiger fans who are a bit worried about this Saturday . We've beaten them in 8 of our last 13 encounters . This game was always shaping up as a bit of a "Season definer" .

We'll need to play a damn side better than the last 2 games but we all know from the last 2 years that we can "turn it on" when we have to . It will depend on our senior players though .

Cheers

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1