Neeld?

_H_

'will the same 22 travel to Perth? Not on your life. Am I going to go down a similar road and continue to put blind faith in players? No way, absolutely no way. That's fair enough, that's not a threat, that's not anything other than being honest, and that's what the players were told.'

• Like 1

Guest Thomo

Too early to know if Neeld can coach, but he did not seem to make many moves today.

Jamar was getting smashed in the ruck, Clark was useless up forward, why didn't he switch them for five minutes and see what happens? Watts, although playing well on the wing, was never moved deep, Rivers should have been dragged as he can not match up with anyone, sub was to late. Match day coaching today seemed poor, but there is a long way to go until he can be fairly judged.

• Like 1

Just to be clear, you didn't watch the entire interview but still went ahead and chose a snippet from the very beginning as a basis to slam Neeld. Not being satisfied, you then miss the very fundamental point Neeld was making.

Quality thread.

I can see what he is trying to do, but his gameplan won't work with a losing midfield. Actually there aren't too many viable gameplans that will.

• Like 2

Guest gidon

I don't understand why we cannot critique the coaches performance. Isn't a coach suppose to coach to the cattle he has? Why can't all the coaches implement more than one game plan. We are predictable in offense therefore easy to defend. What's wrong with using the corridor without leaving our defensive structure too open on the counter? How about coaching a defensive structure that includes offensive play thru the corridor with kicks out in front of goal and leading forwards? What about a midfield spread and offensive run?

Davey, Moloney and others were terrible today, so was the game plan and structures. Here are some tough words for all coaches. Get better at what you do! I have not seen anything that excites me. Stop playing the politics with supporters by blaming the previous coaching administrations. At this stage they gave more hope on their good days than your game plan gives me now. The top teams play a more Bailey esk game plan than our crap.

As with players, the coaches will get my support when they produce. Pre season is over and so is the honeymoon. You have 3 yrs. I think it's only fair the coaches get the same scrutiny as the players. Neeld and co were terrible today. No plan B, offensive plan for when we were behind. Dumb play is also the coaches responsibility too!!

Bad performance all round!! Players and coaches

• Like 1

Guest gidon

No midfield will win playing one style. Allow freedom of expression going forward like Bailey did. We did it well at times the last 2 yrs. Take responsibility coaches. The experts said it all. Predictable slow ball movement going forward. Easy to defend. Cant blame the cattle if the sheep lead them there, or they too scared of the sheep to do anything but

• Like 2

Guest gidon

Sorry I meant dogs not sheep. Although I think the cattle are scared of sheep ATM. last year there were murmurs of in fighting, and it continues. If there is smoke there is fire

No midfield will win playing one style. Allow freedom of expression going forward like Bailey did. We did it well at times the last 2 yrs. Take responsibility coaches. The experts said it all. Predictable slow ball movement going forward. Easy to defend. Cant blame the cattle if the sheep lead them there, or they too scared of the sheep to do anything but

Doing the right things at times isn't the answer.

Getting rid of the dead wood who put in half arsed efforts is the way to go.

A hard pill to swallow but, we just aren't hard enough with that group.

Recruiting criteria hasn't been based on mental and physical toughness. It must change.

• Like 1

I don't understand why we cannot critique the coaches performance. Isn't a coach suppose to coach to the cattle he has? Why can't all the coaches implement more than one game plan. We are predictable in offense therefore easy to defend. What's wrong with using the corridor without leaving our defensive structure too open on the counter? How about coaching a defensive structure that includes offensive play thru the corridor with kicks out in front of goal and leading forwards? What about a midfield spread and offensive run?

Davey, Moloney and others were terrible today, so was the game plan and structures. Here are some tough words for all coaches. Get better at what you do! I have not seen anything that excites me. Stop playing the politics with supporters by blaming the previous coaching administrations. At this stage they gave more hope on their good days than your game plan gives me now. The top teams play a more Bailey esk game plan than our crap.

As with players, the coaches will get my support when they produce. Pre season is over and so is the honeymoon. You have 3 yrs. I think it's only fair the coaches get the same scrutiny as the players. Neeld and co were terrible today. No plan B, offensive plan for when we were behind. Dumb play is also the coaches responsibility too!!

Bad performance all round!! Players and coaches

Why is it all about Neeld?

How many coaches and gameplans churned over will it take for you to realise this playing group is selfish and rotten to the core. They do not play for each other or the club. They care more about themselves and don't step up to take responsibility. What would it take for the players to stop waiting for someone else to give them the silver bullet?

Bailey, Viney, Neeld. Attack, Defend whatever the coach or gameplan. This playing group is rubbish at all of them. The coaches are not the common thread its the playing group that deserve 95% of the blame for the insipid performance.

These players accept and are far too comfortable with losing. It is them and only them who can change that.

Too early to know if Neeld can coach, but he did not seem to make many moves today.

Jamar was getting smashed in the ruck, Clark was useless up forward, why didn't he switch them for five minutes and see what happens? Watts, although playing well on the wing, was never moved deep, Rivers should have been dragged as he can not match up with anyone, sub was to late. Match day coaching today seemed poor, but there is a long way to go until he can be fairly judged.

He probably didn't want to move Clark and put him in rucking danger, as we're paying the guy $4mill to play as a KPF. Meanwhile, Watts did play deep for a bit.

Neeld has spoken about time taken for players to adapt to new game plans. It is a researched phenomena, and Neeld has stated that adjustment to new mangement is a realty that faces Melbourne. In 2010, when they ran and carried and took the game on it was great football to watch. It's absolutely shattering to watch what happened today. If Neeld's plan will work in months/years to come, I hope it includes taking full advantage of the ability of these players. If his defensive structures aren’t suitable for this list, and it affects their progress, this list is wasted, and that would be tragic.

• Like 1

Doing the right things at times isn't the answer.

Getting rid of the dead wood who put in half arsed efforts is the way to go.

A hard pill to swallow but, we just aren't hard enough with that group.

Recruiting criteria hasn't been based on mental and physical toughness. It must change.

Not having a go at your post, but is it too much to ask for Neeld to bring Green and Davey back to playing there best football?

It was only a few years ago that Green was nearly all Australian. Surely there is some way to inspire these guys?

• Like 1

Not having a go at your post, but is it too much to ask for Neeld to bring Green and Davey back to playing there best football?

It was only a few years ago that Green was nearly all Australian. Surely there is some way to inspire these guys?

I would have thought these 2 players in particular wouldn't require a coach to teach, motivate or inspire in order to see them play their best. They are senior players and if they can't get themselves right after all this time in the game they never will. Player at other clubs with this sort of experience are setting the example and running the game on the ground not being invisible like these 2 were.

If we need Neeld to do this no wonder we are where we are.

Edited by Footynut
  • Like 2

You can't throw away the plan after one game. That's reactionary and stupid. He just has to keep hammering away at the basics and playing those that are willing to go when it is their turn. If that means that some of those overpaid primadonnas who are supposedly the talent around the club have to play the rest of the season in the two's then so be it. There is something seriously wrong with the mental state of the playing list and there has been for nigh on 15 years. Neeld or Jesus H Christ himself won't turn that around in a couple of games. Looking at his face tonight I think he truly understood that.

Edited by Carrot Top
  • Like 1

I think you meant to spell 'no', as 'know'. 1. I don't know what a troll is so I can't be sure if I am one, 2. I know a little about football, but admitedly, not as much as I would like, (thankfuly you'll be helping me to no), 3. I'd fit right in at a mental ward if they had the funding and the space, 4. I'm past puberty, and 5. I know a little about football, but admitedly, not as much as I would like, (thankfuly you'll be helping me to no). I'd pick 6. Suspicious of Neeld and fishing for comments from fans.

LMFAO......will give you that good comeback, if you listen to MN I think the players will soon realise that these type of performances will not be tolerated and about time, but I also think that it is hard to change a culture in such a short time.

I would have thought these 2 players in particular wouldn't require a coach to teach, motivate or inspire in order to see them play their best. They are senior players and if they can't get themselves right after all this time in the game they never will. Player at other clubs with this sort of experience are setting the example and running the game on the ground not being invisible like these 2 were.

If we need Neeld to do this no wonder we are where we are.

I expect a coach to bring the best out of players.

In saying that, I also expect senior players to actually give a [censored].

Edited by UTAH
  • Like 1

I expect a coach to bring the best out of players.

In saying that, I also expect senior players to actually give a [censored].

So how did Neeld get the best out of first gamer Magner and not Davey and Green? How is it they are put to shame by a first gamer? Individuals need to start taking responsibility a step up on their own. The coach should be more concerned with players who really need it than players who have been around forever and frankly shouldn't need anyone other than themselves to get the best out of them.

• Like 3

My question is a simple one. We have had 3 new coaches start up this year in Sanderson, watters and neeld. Can someone tell me why in the Pre season we were concentrating on skills and not game plan as expressed by neeld?

It sounds like we got our priorities wrong from day 1. I'm sure it will work however only providing 3 weeks to learn a complete different game plan sounds extremely derelict of his duties.

In saying this I have faith however it will just take longer and we won't hit the ground running as we all expected

"Jamar was smashed in the ruck"... as was SM! Should we need to play a KF as ruck over two bona fide ruckmen? Clark was playing up the ground a lot of the time and Watts was moved deep at times.

Rivers' strength is the loose / 3rd man reading the play - I wouldn't be isolating that weakness over our mids getting smashed.

I don't think any match day tinkering could have overcome the chaos I was witnessing.

• Like 2

Haven't sent he game being in WA with no foxtel. But heard(radio) and read enough.

I watched the press conference. Pretty simple, he was [censored], i mean really [censored], you could see it in his face. He was sort of diplomatic but basically heads are going to roll this week. The question is who.

As for bringing in casey battlers, we want players with the heart and grunt to fight for the ball, its amazing how some chart can overcome difference in ability if the whole team works together.

I doubt the game plan is the problem, its only slow and predictable if the players don't commit to making it work, pies won a premiership with a slow predictable game plan, the hawks game plan is predictable, and so on I mean teams spend days dissecting opposition game plans. Its how the players embrace it and work for each other...that is our problem, and its been our problem since the the late danniher years.

Anyway going to the game next weekend, and in no way do I want a repeat of last years game against the eagles.

• Like 1

Haven't sent he game being in WA with no foxtel. But heard(radio) and read enough.

I watched the press conference. Pretty simple, he was [censored], i mean really [censored], you could see it in his face. He was sort of diplomatic but basically heads are going to roll this week. The question is who.

As for bringing in casey battlers, we want players with the heart and grunt to fight for the ball, its amazing how some chart can overcome difference in ability if the whole team works together.

I doubt the game plan is the problem, its only slow and predictable if the players don't commit to making it work, pies won a premiership with a slow predictable game plan, the hawks game plan is predictable, and so on I mean teams spend days dissecting opposition game plans. Its how the players embrace it and work for each other...that is our problem, and its been our problem since the the late danniher years.

Anyway going to the game next weekend, and in no way do I want a repeat of last years game against the eagles.

Oh goodie, the new coach was "seriously pi$$ed". Well guess what - SO THE FCUK AM I. I could give a presser as good as what I heard today.

Welcome to the MFC Mark Neeld. If you are as good as you think you will be, you will get this team to defeat the Eagles next week. You should not have an attitude any different. 99.9% of us supporters think we will lose, if you think the same you are the wrong mane for the job. Sadly, I think you are already expecting us to lose.

No more excuses. Who gives a toss about "new game plans", etc. We're playing season 2012, I'm here for the now.