C: Couch, Moloney, Trengove

HF: Watts, Clark, Howe

FF: Blease, McDonald, Bail

Foll: Jamar, Magner, McKenzie

Int: Martin, Dunn, Jones

S: Tynan

OUT: Bartram, Macdonald, Green, Blease, Bate

IN: Bennell, Sellar, McDonald, Dunn, Couch

Bartram and Macdonald are just VFL level battlers. May as well try Bennell and Sellar and play Rivers smaller. Let them know that Strauss and Davis are probably next in line. Green and Blease added little up forward and as they were so bad we'll let Davey off the hook for one week. Bate wasn't the worst when he came on but he can't kick anymore and just is so uninspiring. Heavens knows why we kept him. I can't see the point of him over at Subi, may as well give Couch a shot.

Agree, however from the little we saw of him last year, he plays much better in a running role/link man off HB spotting up leads.

I would like to see Strauss back in but he missed this week with concussion and they might let him ease into the season. The other one is Petterd again out injured.

Apart from that Sellar, McDonald, Morton and Couch played well today at Casey and should be looked at. Bennell may give us more of the same unfortunately.

• Like 1

I noticed in the first 1/2 we did not "stick a tackle".I'm very nearly over it .I'm surprised we have 30000 members .And I'm positive normally .

Atrocious.

Who was the idiot on here that predicted we'd crack 45,000+ members last week anyway? Wasn't me i swear!! :wacko:

Damn, wasn't going to post (numerous drinks today/tonight), but there needs to be some reality posted...

The main thing to remember is that we can't change the starting 21.

1. Don't drop Bate. It's a simple call to make, one we have been used to in the past. You can't rop a sub after 1 quarter, especially when he hit double figure possessions.

2. Some are calling for Blease to be dropped. Seriously, would you be saying that if he wasn't subbed out? I honestly thought he played well...enough.

3. Moloney has been slow all year. I don'r give a rats what he bleeds, he is SLOW, and has been for 4 games that I have seen in 2012. Sorry Beamer, I like you, but FFS, WTF has happened over the preseason? Looks and plays like a 40 year old.

4. Davey I thought provided some great pressure, especially in the first half. I was very critical of Flash today, with his "tough" bumps on blokes after they had kicked the ball, but his tackling reminded me of the Flash of old. He gets another week.

5. Green, well, oh dear. I felt bad that supporters booed him, but then I can understand it. He wasn't good at all, and I'd be horribly surprised if he played more games in in red and blue than he does at Casey.

6. Tynan should not be dropped. He gave 95%, which is 45% more than a majority of his teammates.

7. Trengove shouldn't be captain.

8. Joel Mac and Barty give 100%. They make mistakes. but if they had decent players around them to make up for it, they would look better than what they currently do.

9. Rivers is a liabilty

10. Watts will be great

11. Howe needs to think about posession more than mark. Far too similar to Robbo - it's scary.

12. Jamar got flogged today. Lucky Gawn is out, otherwise I'd have the Russian in the "dangerous" list. Seriously, getting flogged by Hudson???

13. Jones is fantastic - should bloody near be captain (if it wasn't for his surfing antics!!!!).

14. Stef Martin has become a big player in our team.

15. Mitch Clark is a dangerous pick up. Are we paying overs for a bloke that does a job that Stef Martin seems to do naturally???

Who have I missed?

Anyway...

Out - Green, Moloney Rivers

In - Morton, Sellar, Couch

For the "ins" - Morton gets 6 weeks in the seniors, shape up or fcuk off. Sellar is a former 1st round pick, he needs to consolidate a spot this season. Couch is a rookie - can't be any slower than Moloney.

Davey is in the firing line if he shows no improvement...

Needs to concentrate on personal development before leading a team.

As previously posted, Neeld's first mistake. But, the decision is made so I deal with it.

I can understand that sentiment, especially after today, but the question then must be asked is there a better option?

The last thing any of us want to see is this wonderful kidbe over burdened, but he really does seem to have the stamina for it.

Plus he is not going it alone in the captaincy role.......

Damn, wasn't going to post (numerous drinks today/tonight), but there needs to be some reality posted...

The main thing to remember is that we can't change the starting 21.

1. Don't drop Bate. It's a simple call to make, one we have been used to in the past. You can't rop a sub after 1 quarter, especially when he hit double figure possessions.

2. Some are calling for Blease to be dropped. Seriously, would you be saying that if he wasn't subbed out? I honestly thought he played well...enough.

3. Moloney has been slow all year. I don'r give a rats what he bleeds, he is SLOW, and has been for 4 games that I have seen in 2012. Sorry Beamer, I like you, but FFS, WTF has happened over the preseason? Looks and plays like a 40 year old.

4. Davey I thought provided some great pressure, especially in the first half. I was very critical of Flash today, with his "tough" bumps on blokes after they had kicked the ball, but his tackling reminded me of the Flash of old. He gets another week.

5. Green, well, oh dear. I felt bad that supporters booed him, but then I can understand it. He wasn't good at all, and I'd be horribly surprised if he played more games in in red and blue than he does at Casey.

6. Tynan should not be dropped. He gave 95%, which is 45% more than a majority of his teammates.

7. Trengove shouldn't be captain.

8. Joel Mac and Barty give 100%. They make mistakes. but if they had decent players around them to make up for it, they would look better than what they currently do.

9. Rivers is a liabilty

10. Watts will be great

11. Howe needs to think about posession more than mark. Far too similar to Robbo - it's scary.

12. Jamar got flogged today. Lucky Gawn is out, otherwise I'd have the Russian in the "dangerous" list. Seriously, getting flogged by Hudson???

13. Jones is fantastic - should bloody near be captain (if it wasn't for his surfing antics!!!!).

14. Stef Martin has become a big player in our team.

15. Mitch Clark is a dangerous pick up. Are we paying overs for a bloke that does a job that Stef Martin seems to do naturally???

Who have I missed?

Anyway...

Out - Green, Moloney Rivers

In - Morton, Sellar, Couch

For the "ins" - Morton gets 6 weeks in the seniors, shape up or fcuk off. Sellar is a former 1st round pick, he needs to consolidate a spot this season. Couch is a rookie - can't be any slower than Moloney.

Davey is in the firing line if he shows no improvement...

Agree on 1, 8, 10 and 13 in particular.

Strongly disagree with point 15 though - we need a big body in the forward line, and I reckon Clark will prove himself to be a great pick up. In short, we need more of his type.

• Like 1

I can understand that sentiment, especially after today, but the question then must be asked is there a better option?

The last thing any of us want to see is this wonderful kidbe over burdened, but he really does seem to have the stamina for it.

Plus he is not going it alone in the captaincy role.......

Has the stamina for it? Watch the replay of Trengove's reaction when Clark kicked his second goal. We were defated, and the (co)captain showed it. I want a Captain who puts in 100% until the final siren, regardless of the score. He was a teammate, not a leader. He will be one one day, but isn't yet.

Grimes is the only option. He didn't have a great day today, but I'm not sure if the coach made the right moves...

Agree on 1, 8, 10 and 13 in particular.

Strongly disagree with point 15 though - we need a big body in the forward line, and I reckon Clark will prove himself to be a great pick up. In short, we need more of his type.

As oppose to what Stef Martin did today?

Moloney has been slow all year. I don'r give a rats what he bleeds, he is SLOW, and has been for 4 games that I have seen in 2012. Sorry Beamer, I like you, but FFS, WTF has happened over the preseason? Looks and plays like a 40 year old.

To me it looks like he doesn't want to be here anymore.

• Like 1

I dont think he has credits with the Bank of Neeld,

Does anybody?

And furthermore should he?

Does anybody?

And furthermore should he?

Just my point. I dont know why anyone has "credits",. No one does or should with a new coach.

With Neeld, i dont think there banana lounges out there for Moloney, Green, Davey or Rivers atm.

At least that decision seems to be vindicated.

Does the Bank Of Neeld have credits??

Well done. Just my point. Where does Moloney have credits in the bank?? Its not with Neeld and thats what counts.

Just my point. I dont know why anyone has "credits",. No one does or should with a new coach.

With Neeld, i dont think there banana lounges out there for Moloney, Green, Davey or Rivers atm.

At least that decision seems to be vindicated.

Well done. Just my point. Where does Moloney have credits in the bank?? Its not with Neeld and thats what counts.

My point is about Neeld's credit rating. It's far from AAA+.

In Petterd, Tapscott,Gysberts,Sellar,Morton,Bennell

Out Mckenzie,Davey,Green,Tynan, Bartram , Mcdonald.

The 11 year old is my son by the way....wishes he went with his mum and barracked for Hawthorn, i said he could get a Hawks membership next year if he wanted.

Being completely sincere, that's such a sad story. What a crap day hey? I've got a 4 year old son who I have been steering towards being a Dee fan, but is it fair on him? I don't think so. I'm going to let him choose for himself I think.

Here is the easy way of answering this topic - how many changes do you expect after a Round 1 flogging? If Neeld is going to make a statement, it will be 3 - anything more is kneejerk, and not the best for the "team".

They should be...

1. Green

2. Moloney

3. Rivers

In...

1. Petterd (if fit, but he has to perform, simple as that) or Morton

2. Couch (based on VFL form and NAB Cup)

3. Sellar (we picked him up for a reason, show us why)

Edited by billy2803

These stories about kids getting bullied, not wanting to go to the footy, choosing other clubs...this is the reason why this club is in serious trouble.

And with free agency coming in to make it easier for good players to leave clubs for greener pastures in the twilight of their careers... it seems all set up to just make the strong clubs stronger and the weak clubs like ourselves weaker. Will be interesting to see how free agency pans out over the next 4-5 years.

Agree on both of these. Howe was still good today, but I'm not a fan of the attempted speccy every time he goes near it. He dropped about 6 marks today. Frustrating stuff.

Jamar was terrible. Slow, out of it, like the Jamar of pre-2010. I hate the way he gets the ball and immediately looks to dish it off (e.g. third quarter in the 50, when, on his left, he should have kicked for goal, but he chose to handball it away). But the biggest worry was his ruckwork. Completely dominated by Hudson and Leuenberger, which is part of the reason why we struggled in the clearances.

This is my team

Bartram Frawley Sellar

Bennell Garland Grimes

Bate Jones Trengove

Howe Watts Petterd

Blease Clark Davey

Jamar Moloney Magner

Couch Martin Mckenzie

Tynan

In Bennell Sellar Couch

Out MacDonald Green Rivers

Reasons

Rivers is to small to play as a key defender one on one he gets smashed and decision making has always been poor. Sellar comes in bigger body nice foot skills, Garland becomes the third man up.

MacDonald-Bennell I love Macdonald's efforts but once again makes poor decisions and basic skill errors, I have posted this a number of times we can't have Rivers, MacDonald, Bartram in the same back line only 1 should play.

Green-Petterd Green is a leading player we aren't playing in a way that suits a leading forward, he also is starting to struggle once it hits the ground.

Martin and Clark in the same forward line isn't working, we need to create space in our forward line I want to 2 crumbing forwards they both need to perform. Watts was OK on a wing but with Subi we need a link up thorugh our half forward line, the ground suits a running CHF.

Being completely sincere, that's such a sad story. What a crap day hey? I've got a 4 year old son who I have been steering towards being a Dee fan, but is it fair on him? I don't think so. I'm going to let him choose for himself I think.

This dear to my heart, 20 years ago in spite of my efforts my daughter left for the Bombers.

She has seen premierships and generally had a good run with the Bombers.

They now appear to be on the rise even if it is only slowly happening.

Do I blame her hell no.

Let him choose.

These stories about kids getting bullied, not wanting to go to the footy, choosing other clubs...this is the reason why this club is in serious trouble.

The reason this club is in trouble is that for the majority of the last 50 years we have been losers.

It is that simple.

Only sustained success will change that.

So do not hold your breath.