GAME DAY - Round 1

Whispering_Jack

With this boundary line/bomb to the top of the square gameplan,we're bottom 2 this year.

Having said that,losing the clearances 47-33,doesn't matter what our gameplan is.

Collingwood won the flag with this gameplan 2 years ago and the game has gone past it,they at least had the players to carry it off.

Opening up this topic, I felt absolutely gutted. Strangely, I feel better now that I've read it. Some of the over the top, chest beating nonsense on this forum is always good for a giggle. Thanks guys.

• Like 1

Opening up this topic, I felt absolutely gutted. Strangely, I feel better now that I've read it. Some of the over the top, chest beating nonsense on this forum is always good for a giggle. Thanks guys.

Well done to be able to frame it that way.

Denial at its best.

• Like 2

Thats just plain simple stuie.

The club has been waiting for 58 years, not the team.

What about waiting until the team has time to adjust to a new game plan? (one which centres around a forward target since Neitz)

What about allowing an almost completely new coaching group time to work with the players in reaction to what they produce on the field.

Wait for Sylvia to return, Liam to appear, Grimes to get some match fitness after months away from the game. Give the team at least until round 12 until you write them off.

Sylvia to return? he has never arrived! If we are waiting for Colin Sylvia to return the its a very sad state of affairs!

• Like 1

Must be good to always have a level head Nasher. Get some fight in you son! Us chest beaters are passionate, I'd rather live my life with passion.

• Like 2

Sylvia to return? he has never arrived! If we are waiting for Colin Sylvia to return the its a very sad state of affairs!

You're quite possibly right UTAH, but I'm simply suggesting lets wait until a 'full strength' team is on the park and plays half a season together, then we can analyise where we're up to.

Amazing that Dean Bailey was given Three years and Mark Neeld gets one game! Get a grip ladies and gents.

I'm really struggling to write anything that isn't either ridiculously bitter and twisted or pathetically optimistic. I don't know which way to go. Ah h stuff it bitter and twisted wins! I am so sick and blood tired of being embarrassed by the football team I support. Another year of misery and shame ahead.

From what I can see Melbourne have now lost their run (Bailey's game plan) and a number 1 draft pick and gained nothing - a sluggish, one dimensional game plan aimed at banging it in long into a forward line that still cant contest or take a mark. Honestly I just cringed the whole time...

Skill errors seem as bad or even worse... lack of commitment, lack of having a go...

Typical Melbourne to justify rather than show up Tom Scully's decision to leave...

Typical Melbourne to make Mitch Clark wonder what he has just bought into...

I can only hope that Colin can bring something when he returns...

I've taken a deep breathe (plenty).

Most of the boys did have a crack and were hard at the ball and opposition for the most part off it, they didn't reward their own efforts because of skills, and the pressure the opposition put us under, we panic easily it would seem. I look forward to next weeks TEAM, ova to you COACH........

C i'm ova today already............I'M THAT EFFING USE TO IT.......lol

From what I can see Melbourne have now lost their run (Bailey's game plan) and a number 1 draft pick and gained nothing - a sluggish, one dimensional game plan aimed at banging it in long into a forward line that still cant contest or take a mark. Honestly I just cringed the whole time...

Skill errors seem as bad or even worse... lack of commitment, lack of having a go...

Typical Melbourne to justify rather than show up Tom Scully's decision to leave...

Typical Melbourne to make Mitch Clark wonder what he has just bought into...

I can only hope that Colin can bring something when he returns...

I'm with you. Last year I had no confidence that we would be able to get the ball back once we lost it. Now I have no confidence when we do have it.

• Like 1

I'm not waiting 12 rounds- this club has to win me back round 2!

I have invested a lot into this club, it's time they returned some of that with a bit of effort and heart FFS! That's why I'm sick of people saying wait for this, wait for that.. I may be young but I'm sick of always waiting for something to turn.

The bloody players can turn it around next week but next week never comes. I'm saying it again- wholesale changes/ improved effort and some bloody heart or I'm done!

Going for a smoke, my blood is boiling!!!

McQueen - what have I denied? The second half of vat match name of sick. It was a terrible performance, no doubt. By the end of the third I genuinely asked myself why I was putting myself throug this for yet another year. I reckon my family have had a gut full of my bad moods.Then I read some of the reactions on here and suddenly the irrationality of others made me aware of how silly I was being. You can wallow, point fingers and feel sorry for yourself if you like. I choose not to.

Much of the same output from the same players across 3 different coaches now. When will some of you realise that it's the players that let us down. Not the coaches. Bailey, Viney and now Neeld. The players don't respond and are not good enough. How many different gameplans and coaches will you all be happy with churning through before you realise. The players need to stop waiting for someone else to bring the silver bullet. They need to work out what it means to be a real team and win for each other. They are not a team. They care more about themselves than the club. Look at the comment on Sylvia in this thread. Why isnt he looking concerned? These players have become used to losing and are ok with it. That is the problem. Stop blaming the coaches. Blame the players.

• Like 2

McQueen - what have I denied? The second half of vat match name of sick. It was a terrible performance, no doubt. By the end of the third I genuinely asked myself why I was putting myself throug this for yet another year. I reckon my family have had a gut full of my bad moods.Then I read some of the reactions on here and suddenly the irrationality of others made me aware of how silly I was being. You can wallow, point fingers and feel sorry for yourself if you like. I choose not to.

That's fine, but do you have to comment on others who like to vent? It's patronizing, and you are a lot better than that!

I tell you what. I was annoyed enough with the performance, in particular the contested footy, but new game plan, poor midfield, I was prepared to excuse.

But when I heard Jack Trengove on AW say that the effort wasn't there, I was, and am still, fuming. These guys can get stuffed. They have no professional pride. I personally didn't think it was effort, especially with the tackle count early, but if Lloydy and Jack T think so, then I accept that.

I am not one to shoot off on here, but seriously, if the MFC players genuinely believe that the effort wasn't there, then they are dishonest, no-hoper spineless footballers basking in a terrible culture.

After Jimmy's death, first game of the year, new coach, all I think anyone expected was 100% hell for leather effort. To not get that makes me ill.

• Like 1

The problem today was the middle. Sure, we all went in to get the contested posession but there was no one hanging around the pack to receive it. Brisbane hunted in packs, we didn't. Kicking long to a contest just won't work unless you have players to crumb. Tackle the arms as well as the waist.

Terrible day.