Port Adelaide v Melbourne NAB Cup Week 4

GawnWithTheWind

Just thought I would start a thread seeing as it is game day.

Do we have any details for when this game is starting? Is there radio coverage? Twitter updates?

A win here would give us some much needed momentum coming into round 1 and finally give the MFC some positive press.

Game starts at 7:40pm Eastern time (7:10 in Adelaide) and is on radio Fiveaa (5aa) - so, if like me, you have an app like TuneIn Radio on iPad or iPhone (is there an Android version?), then you should be able to listen.

For Twitter updates, follow @melbournefc

Game starts at 7:40pm Eastern time (7:10 in Adelaide) and is on radio Fiveaa (5aa) - so, if like me, you have an app like TuneIn Radio on iPad or iPhone (is there an Android version?), then you should be able to listen.

Well I may as well go and play BINGO!

5AA is the most biased un informed idiots ever to speak into a microphone.

You wont hear anything about Melbourne.

I'd rather wait and get some decent feedback back from our SA based supporters who are going tonight.

Just thought I would start a thread seeing as it is game day.

Do we have any details for when this game is starting? Is there radio coverage? Twitter updates?

A win here would give us some much needed momentum coming into round 1 and finally give the MFC some positive press.

I believe there was a post saying 5AA would cover the game on radio.

http://www.afl.com.a...896&tab=Preview

I'd rather wait and get some decent feedback back from our SA based supporters who are going tonight.

I really don't care whether they are biased or not... I just want to hear the scores as they happen. Anyway, if we can run away with it, it could be enjoyable listening to them making excuses.

Is it free on that TuneIn App?? Or do you get charged truckloads for the streaming??

• Like 1

Is it free on that TuneIn App?? Or do you get charged truckloads for the streaming??

Not sure HG... I stream it to my iPad at home or at work over a wifi connection. I assume that if you are streaming over 3G, then you will be eating up your plan's data allowance?

Yes TuneIn will eat your data allowance over 3g, it does work well though (think it automagically adjusts the streaming quality based on the connection type)

Yes there is an Android version, The free version just has ads at the bottom and doesn't allow you to record.... where the paid version does (Android store had a special on the full version.... only 50c or something like that...)

Great app.

For those that don't have access to the Tune In app on their iPhones/iPad/Android Devices you can probably listen live through 5AA website at http://www.5aa.com.au

Alternatively I'm sure people will be providing live updates of scores on this thread.

We welcome anyone who is going to the game to post their thoughts after then game.

Game starts at 7:40pm Eastern time (7:10 in Adelaide) and is on radio Fiveaa (5aa) - so, if like me, you have an app like TuneIn Radio on iPad or iPhone (is there an Android version?), then you should be able to listen. For Twitter updates, follow @melbournefc

I don't think you can because the internet feed will be blocked and you have to go through the AFL website to listen

Refuse to listen to this station. I would prefer to check the updates on Demonland. Whenever I listen to 5AAs coverage I inevitably end up smashing something of value.

The tune in app nor the website stream will not work because all radio streams are de-activated during game broadcasts.

The only way to listen is via the AFL's website.

I got SEN last week via tunein so i think during practise matches it is not always enforced. Try it tonight.

During the reguliar season it is a no no.

I got SEN last week via tunein so i think during practise matches it is not always enforced. Try it tonight.

During the reguliar season it is a no no

A number of games this pre-season it has been enforced, maybe the regional ones not.

Hmmm interesting, didn't know that. The ABC Grandstand station thru tunein has always worked for me. (cricket... haven't checked the football though)

Don't know why a radio station that has won the rights to broadcast would willingly shut off their stream, Am I seriously hearing that the AFL is forcing people to listen to the radio stream exclusively via the AFL site.. thats really ordinary... :huh:

Hmmm interesting, didn't know that. The ABC Grandstand station thru tunein has always worked for me. (cricket... haven't checked the football though) Don't know why a radio station that has won the rights to broadcast would willingly shut off their stream, Am I seriously hearing that the AFL is forcing people to listen to the radio stream exclusively via the AFL site.. thats really ordinary... :huh:

errr, cost?

sorry? how does cost come into it?

The station(s) are still providing the feed, just blocking the external feed, and piping it to the AFL site instead...

I read somewhere that the dedicated SEN app doesn't lose it's feed through broadcasts.... anyone able to confirm that?

The only way to listen is via the AFL's website.

AFL site doesn't list anything for live audio. The "streaming stations" list that shows after you click on Live Radio is empty. Perhaps it'll come up later ...

sorry? how does cost come into it?

The station(s) are still providing the feed, just blocking the external feed, and piping it to the AFL site instead...

I read somewhere that the dedicated SEN app doesn't lose it's feed through broadcasts.... anyone able to confirm that?

Can confirm its not the case during the regular season.

Refuse to listen to this station. I would prefer to check the updates on Demonland. Whenever I listen to 5AAs coverage I inevitably end up smashing something of value.

HB Join me at BINGO!

Looks like I'll be stuck at work for at least half the match, so updates to keep me from jumping out the 4th floor window, would be appreciated.

In all likelihood - it'll be the updates themselves that will make you want to jump out of the 4th floor window.

• Like 3