Collingwood v Melbourne

Guest Gotzy15

I think you are wrong rpfc.

IMO there is a group that decides on buying a membership based on if they think we will have a good year or not.

Early season form is very important, we finished 2011 in the pits, only victories or at least good showings will change a sizeable group's attitude.

My reaction on hearing we lost to GCS was "hell we cannot beat them"

If a rusted on member like me thinks that what does someone of lesser commitment think?

If someone decides not to buy a membership based on a loss/potential loss in the NAB cup then they aint worth having anyway!

If someone decides not to buy a membership based on a loss/potential loss in the NAB cup then they aint worth having anyway!

So you do not want I sizable number of members, in that case set your mind on a total closer to 30 000 than 40 000.

I have to say its true every club has there sheep we are no diffrent with wins closet doors open and with a lose they stay hidden its fact.

I have to say its true every club has there sheep we are no diffrent with wins closet doors open and with a lose they stay hidden its fact.

Wins and losses...."maybe" - but in the NAB cup, definitely not!

Ins; Blease, Cook, Davis, Lawrence, Sheehan

Outs; Clark, Grimes, Bartram, Moloney, Rivers and joel Mac (although he is listed in the squad?)

Five (or even six) of our first 22 out, one (Blease) in. Not a good look.

Five (or even six) of our first 22 out, one (Blease) in. Not a good look.

Who cares it is week 2 of the pre-season, if the have the same in week 4 then there is a concern. Who knows some of these players may force there way into our best 22. As long as we can see the structure and effort we should be happy. If we don't have a crack like against Essendon last year then it is not a good look.

Guest Dr Who

Silly comment - They are ALL worth having irrespective of how you get them.

Correct , Collingwood count their BS 3 game menberships .

As for the NAB cup turning barrackers into members , too right it does.

Bad showing = less members .... Good showing = more members .

2 years ago , there was alot of hype among our supporters during the pre-season of how we'd go .

We rolled up against Freo who we viewed as having an inferior side and put in an insipid performance to get rolled by 47pts.

Membership momentum was killed .

Same thing happened when the Essendon rolled us last year.

Good early form in NAB cup and early season is key to memberships, like it or not ,

Edited by Fork 'em

Correct , Collingwood count their BS 3 game menberships .

As for the NAB cup turning barrackers into members , too right it does.

Bad showing = less members .... Good showing = more members .

2 years ago , there was alot of hype among our supporters during the pre-season of how we'd go .

We rolled up against Freo who we viewed as having an inferior side and put in an insipid performance to get rolled by 47pts.

Membership momentum was killed .

Same thing happened when the Essendon rolled us last year.

Good early form in NAB cup and early season is key to memberships, like it or not ,

Could not agree more

I think you are wrong rpfc.

IMO there is a group that decides on buying a membership based on if they think we will have a good year or not.

Early season form is very important, we finished 2011 in the pits, only victories or at least good showings will change a sizeable group's attitude.

My reaction on hearing we lost to GCS was "hell we cannot beat them"

If a rusted on member like me thinks that what does someone of lesser commitment think?

Yeah, they decide in season.

Not in this joke of a comp.

Yeah, they decide in season.

Not in this joke of a comp.

They might decide in season , but they're watching the NAB cup , looking for improvement.

If they don't see any , they're gone .

When we go out on the park , I still want a win every time .

These pre-season games can set up good or bad habits .

No trying is a bad one .

They might decide in season , but they're watching the NAB cup , looking for improvement.

If they don't see any , they're gone .

They're not watching the NAB cup, it's not even on FTA...

I agree that people wait to see what we will be like in 2012, but that is for the early rounds of the actual season.

I think , imho , Neeld has really only two aspects upon which he will gauge our NAB games. Structures and Efforts. He needs the players to buy into the new game ( plan ) and that will be more important than any absolute displayed on the scoreboard.

He will have every player accountable for their role(s) . He will be watching and paying attention to those who have themettle tostick to their job.....and those who dont/cant.

This is all the NAB cup is to us ( mfc)

They're not watching the NAB cup, it's not even on FTA...

I agree that people wait to see what we will be like in 2012, but that is for the early rounds of the actual season.

Some will be watching. If they get excited its seems logical they would be more inclined to sign up.

Some will be watching. If they get excited its seems logical they would be more inclined to sign up.

No doubt, but if you are waiting for the small snippet in the paper the next day that will mention 'how we are travelling' I dare say you are going to wait for the real stuff...

There is a bit of 'Inside Baseball' here on Land - we take footy more seriously than others.

We keep up with the NAB Cup, normal people don't.

'How you get them!' Correct. I didn't say I wouldn't welcome members who were sitting on the fence. I'm saying that I wouldn't worry about the ones who decided not to climb over. Especially due to NAB results. Silly comment? I doubt it.

No doubt, but if you are waiting for the small snippet in the paper the next day that will mention 'how we are travelling' I dare say you are going to wait for the real stuff...

And a small snippet read we got beaten by GC .... Not a good start .

A flogging from Collingwood and they'll lose interest .

Edited by Fork 'em

The more I reflect on the last two week's NAB cup matches the more I am convinced that clubs are using them as extended intraclub games. They practice certain things such a positioning, discipline, set-up at specific points of the ground. The Dees hugged the boundary line last weekend and I am beginning to think this was a discipline and structure test.

It has to be so - with the NAB rule that if the ball goes out of bounds off a foot ( irrespective if its on the full or not) then its a free kick against - it would make you rethink the hugging the boundary line philosophy. These games are purely to put new ideas, structures and game plans into action.

• Like 1

.He will have every player accountable for their role(s) . He will be watching and paying attention to those who have themettle tostick to their job.....and those who dont/cant.

Forget new game plan - the above comment will be the biggest change of direction for our club.

• Like 1