Sheedy wants to play us in China

Pink Freud

Kevin Sheedy wants GWS to play AFL game in China for premiership points in 2013

Another harebrained scheme from the maestro but it's an idea that we could grow to like. I have a mental picture of Liam Jurrah booting four goals in the last and Sheedy's highest paid player scurrying home to mummy and daddy offended by teammates enjoying themselves by partaking of the local brew.

• Like 3

Kevin Sheedy wants GWS to play AFL game in China for premiership points in 2013

Another harebrained scheme from the maestro but it's an idea that we could grow to like. I have a mental picture of Liam Jurrah booting four goals in the last and Sheedy's highest paid player scurrying home to mummy and daddy offended by teammates enjoying themselves by partaking of the local brew.

What are you thinking they will be there, only have to find a job for mum.

I am sure they will find her a position in the next few months.

Good luck trying to get Scully to play.

He hasn't got a good track record with trips to China...

Gippy

beat me to it !!!

Just a theory but maybe Sheedy believes Melbourne is his biggest threat and is looking to get us doing stupid things while they are redundant. This would ruin our season in the same way that travelling to Darwin does.

Just a theory but maybe Sheedy believes Melbourne is his biggest threat and is looking to get us doing stupid things while they are redundant. This would ruin our season in the same way that travelling to Darwin does.

We carry the name Melbourne we're everyones favourite threat. The other teams around here are just suburbs.

How would it ruin a season ? If played as an opener in the same vein as Syd v GWs a few days before the rest theres time for a littel rest etc. My issue with Darwin is its timing and weather and how it wil lsuck the life out of players , all that in face of normal turnaround. . Playing in China ...im not sure what the issue is.

As an idea I'll confess to being a little intrigued at this stage

Alarm bells started to ring....

From his point of view. we have one the youngest and less experienced lists in the AFL.

We also have a number of 'kids' that have now had a few seasons under their belt.

Considering his "kindergarten" list of players they have, why not put them up against a

young team that isnt way too advanced , in terms of games played.

Use that as a guide to where GWS is at. Thats one side of it.

We also have (by my count) approx 20 players out of contract at the end of 2012

I hope that is retified sooner, rather than later.

This sleezebag, might view this as a way to backdoor us once more, a chance to

have a chat with a few, by mingling after a "friendly" game... paranoid? [perhaps]

Tell him to blow it out of his ear, they will get to play us round 13.

He was quoted at the very end of the article saying he couldn't see why the Dees wouldn't be interested in such a game... nowhere does he actually say he wants the other team to be us. Is the OP looking towards a career in journalism?

Chinese care factor for AFL.....zero

Im willing to bt its something above zero....if only microscopic. The AFL set up a chinese based website some tears back to educate and explain the game. It was getting thousands of hits. Cant find it for the life of me now, but my search ability in either mandarin or cantonese is a bit rough. The AFL is very keen to establish an interest if only in a boutique sense . We as a club have been pandering to exactly the same idea. So why as a club wouldnt we be at least interested in hearing it out ?
My care factor for anything Sheedy says.....zero
Thats fine.. your perogative. Ideas have merits as well as protanganists.
say NO to stage managed crap in support of GWS

Good luck with that

Eh. Will Scully go home when he realises Melbourne aint the only footy club who like to have a drink on holidays?

I bet he swore he'd never return . Not for all the tea.....

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.