David Misson not impressed

Prof

Could it be that we have been training for more coninuous running rather than short bursts due to the interchange cap they are looking to bring in? The short bursts work well when the interchange rate is high meaning players can run for 2 minutes then come of for 1 minute or something like that. With the new cap players will have to stay out on the ground for longer therefore continous running will be required to get to more contests.

Just a thought.

well he ought to have them just humming along come March then.

cant wait :rolleyes:

The problem as I see it bb is that no matter how fit he makes them the majority do not have the skill level needed to be more than good VFL players.

I have said this on numerous occasions but you cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

The problem as I see it bb is that no matter how fit he makes them the majority do not have the skill level needed to be more than good VFL players.

I have said this on numerous occasions but you cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

actually you can od make a silk purse out of a sow's ear

• Like 1

Well there goes a great saying dc.

But I will stay with the idea.

We have only a few AFL standard players, the others will never be more than VFL standard no matter how fit you get them.

It had a silky feel , but it WASNT silk. Adage holds up I reckon

• Like 1

Maybe so, but if you are out on your feet in the last quarter any skill deficiencies will always be accentuated.

Maybe so, but if you are out on your feet in the last quarter any skill deficiencies will always be accentuated.

You still lose so we are only discussing the size of the loss.

You still lose so we are only discussing the size of the loss.

And what I am getting at is that with increased fitness and stamina there may be fewer mistakes due to less perceived pressure. The players may well find they have more time and are more mentally switched on with less fatigue.

• Like 1

And what I am getting at is that with increased fitness and stamina there may be fewer mistakes due to less perceived pressure. The players may well find they have more time and are more mentally switched on with less fatigue.

All of that is true, but you will never convince me that 30 of our list are more than good VFL players.

Unfortunately that is why we are second last with two wins.

Daisy would you mind refraining from spoiling such "tried and true" phrases!

We "live and die by the sword" and have to "gild the lily" a little at times in order to "make the most of what we have".

Besides, you have to "give a little to get a little" and i'm afraid OD is kind of correct here...... "you can't fatten a pig on market day", especially when it's a sow and MFC's market day appears to be so bloody far away!!

:mad:

• Like 1

Harsh call. Emotional call. Dumb call... But

Garland was completely out on his feet before he got run down and injured.

A properly rotated and rested Garland doesn't get touched and therefore not injured.

Either coaching or fitness staff better reasses the lack of rotation to important players particularly Frawley and Garland

• Like 1

It's fairly standard practice for key defenders to have 100% game time isn't it?

id say so. But when they are frequently changing opponents and coming up and down the ground and also playing in 26 degrees and god knows what humidity that would change things wouldn't it?

Hopefully Garland is ok but I just think where we are at in the season we have to protect all our players from fatigue and the injuries that can happen.

There isn't much at Casey to come in but we have to be responsible

• Like 2

It's fairly standard practice for key defenders to have 100% game time isn't it?

Not if the sum total of the opposition's entire small forward battalion is being rotated through him in an effort to systematically run him off his legs.

• Like 1

?

It was a serious question.

I think about four or five years ago Ben Rutten was interviewed and said he was pretty much the only player that entire year to have played 100% game time. That was a very long time ago in footy terms.

I thought it was rare for any player to ever play 100% of game time.

Exceptionally rare.

Key defenders often play 95-100. But that's fine if its Frawley or McDonald v Cloke or Tippett or Hawkins.

Teddy Richards rarely rests for Syndey but often sits at centre half back when they don't have the ball.

But as Chook pointed out Garland was up and down the field on a variety of opponents and they worked him over and won.

Well done Brisbane I guess. Disappointed our coaches and fitness staff didnt pick up what the commentators did as they noticed the numbers going through Garland.