• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

WINNERS ARE GRINNERS

Demonland

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there and found the game incredibly boring. I couldn't even manage a yelp at some of the better goals. Got annoyed with fellow MFC supporters clapping pathetic efforts. There is something seriously stinky about this playing group at the moment, and I'm not sure a "tougher than tough" pre-season is going to turn it around. I feel flatter after that win today than after some of the 60 point smashings.

I had that same strange feeling today too. I normally love to get vocal and fired up at the footy, but today was just tiresome almost. Maybe i'm jaded after a long, shitty season. A lot of people are, I guess. The crowd were as flat as the players. 22k there apparently, but it felt/sounded like 5,000.

Where did McNamara play, he's been tried in the Middle at Casey and showed a lot there, was he in the middle today? He's been tried in the backline at Melbourne and found wanting.

Played a lot on the wing and as part of the midfield rotation in the 2nd half, not sure about the 1st half. Had i think only 1 disposal at half time and finished with 9. I've been a wrap for the kid, and in a way hope he gets one more shot next week, but on today's performance alone he doesn't deserve one.

Played a lot on the wing and as part of the midfield rotation in the 2nd half, not sure about the 1st half. Had i think only 1 disposal at half time and finished with 9. I've been a wrap for the kid, and in a way hope he gets one more shot next week, but on today's performance alone he doesn't deserve one.

Did not seem to have made it in my opinion.Seems a little slow for AFL footy.

and btw can someone explain to me what is so good about scully?

Re: Tom Scully

A wag sitting near me yelled out at one point - "who is going to pay $1.0M for THOSE kicking skilss"..

I loved Trengove's efforts all day BTW.

Let's face it, it's the end of the season and we are limping over the line clearly fitness had been s huge problem for this te all year!

It was a disgraceful spectacle today!

There were alot of players being played out of position, so much so that 3 years ago it would have been misconstrued as tanking!

There were very few highlights

Jones was good early, Howe will be an absolute ripper for us, Blease will easily fill the hole left by Scully and I will not renew my membership if Morton is still there next year!

At least I got to see our last win of 2011, bring on 2012!

Go Dees!

I have never been so close to using physical violence at a game of footy.

I had to sit in front of Collingwood supporters who decided to come to the Melb v GC game just to be obnoxious, abuse our club and barrack for the GCS way over the top.

All friggin day!

Just goes to prove what scum they really are! I hope Karma deals with them harshly.

You were sitting in the MCC members, right? Section N47?

Either that or there were two groups of these jerks at the game Clearly these clowns had no sense of history. So cocky on top of the ladder, for the club that's made a specialty of losing grand finals. (please let it be so).

At least they STFU when rebuked by an older guy for trying to provoke people all afternoon.

agree that just about anyone else would have had us on toast today. Some truly disgraceful efforts out there. we were just lucky our opponent was so utterly bad, had they been matched up against a top4 side today they would ahve gone down by 150

and btw can someone explain to me what is so good about scully?

Agree with everything except Scully, I have no doubt he will end up a brilliant player, wherever he plays next year.

We had a lot of lazy players out there today, maybe they are just like the rest of us and want the season to end fast. It`s nice to have a win, but playing 1 decent quarter of footy (again) is disappointing in my eyes.

All is not lost though, I think we have a reasonably good list, We just need a drill seargent of a coach who simply demands effort as a non negotiable and those without it will play at Casey!

It was a very very poor performance.

A lot of showboating, a lot of lazy efforts, plenty of players who looked almost disinterested being out there.

It hurts to think that we suffered for years to try and gather some good young kids, and today a club in its first season showed us how quickly we will be overtaken if we don't rapidly improve.

Potential is no excuse for poor efforts, and ours have been consistently poor.

Our midfield is a damn disgrace. Couldn't win a contested possession to save itself.

If I were more talented as an artist, I'd draw some hilarious graphic about how performances are always perfect or pathetic in the eyes of mug footy supporters and how there's no grey area in between at all.

As it turns I'm neither a good artist nor a good comedian, but at least I'm not a big whiner like half of you lot. This match plonks firmly in that big fat grey area for mine.

If I were more talented as an artist, I'd draw some hilarious graphic about how performances are always perfect or pathetic in the eyes of mug footy supporters and how there's no grey area in between at all.

As it turns I'm neither a good artist nor a good comedian, but at least I'm not a big whiner like half of you lot. This match plonks firmly in that big fat grey area for mine.

Somebody has their grumpy pants on while riding their very high horse :unsure:

Going by the results this year it is true. Melbourne has generally either been thrashed or thrashed their opposition.

Somebody has their grumpy pants on while riding their very high horse :unsure:

Mostly I'm just wearing really, really tired pants. Way too tired to be grumpy, or ride any type of horse. Too tired to go to bed.

It is kind of funny how there's no shade of grey on our performances though.

Going by the results this year it is true. Melbourne has generally either been thrashed or thrashed their opposition.

So were we thrashed today, or did we thrash them? I'm a bit confused.

Interesting post from someone who celebrates `186`! Where does that performance sit in that big fat grey area?

We were ordinary today and you certainly could not blame supporters for not being overly thrilled by what we produced today.

You were sitting in the MCC members, right? Section N47?

Either that or there were two groups of these jerks at the game Clearly these clowns had no sense of history. So cocky on top of the ladder, for the club that's made a specialty of losing grand finals. (please let it be so).

At least they STFU when rebuked by an older guy for trying to provoke people all afternoon.

Yep n47...they were trying to be as obnoxious as possible when they Suns booted a few goals in the last quarter...

FFS I was close to belting them one I'm here to tell you.

They proved all the stereotypes about Collingwood supporters and then some.

They're lucky they didn't try that crap against Carlton/Essendon/Richmond or they'd get their block knocked off!

Here's hoping Hawthorn or the Cats win the flag this year just despite those clowns!

Interesting post from someone who celebrates `186`! Where does that performance sit in that big fat grey area?

We were ordinary today and you certainly could not blame supporters for not being overly thrilled by what we produced today.

186 sits firmly outside the grey area. Not one single bright moment, a complete capitulation of epic proportions. If you're going to compare today to 186 then you've illustrated my point perfectly.

Some guy in the match day thread even said (during the second quarter I think) that this was the worst we'd played all year! My goodness. Really?!

I'm with you nasher.

Yeah today wasn't great. But we still won. The players want the season to end. We have lost our coach.

And we didn't thump Gold Coast. We still won and their were positives to come out of it. Namely Blease and McDonald.

Exactly Nash.

I think people want to be angry with it because they want to show everyone else how tough they are and how they (cue spewing noises) 'won't accept mediocrity'.

Also, some of the writing off of performances of guys who played well have been really hard to read. People tell us that Scully was rubbish (he had 11 contested possessions, second behind Beamer's 12, plus had 6 clearances, 2nd behind Beamer's 7, and did it at a efficiency of 79%!) when he was clearly very good for us. I think he's been down, but he looked good today. Also, I thought that our structure looked much better this week, and that we are using our backline much better now with Garland playing a more attcking, zone role using his speed to defend and counterattack.

We had a very young team and, while we didn't set the world on fire, I certainly found a lot to be happy about.

This place is a weekly rollercoaster, where we are either 2 years from a certain premiership or bound to the wooden spoon until the coming of Saoshyant. There is no middle ground. It can be frustrating to read.

Exactly Nash.

I think people want to be angry with it because they want to show everyone else how tough they are and how they (cue spewing noises) 'won't accept mediocrity'.

Also, some of the writing off of performances of guys who played well have been really hard to read. People tell us that Scully was rubbish (he had 11 contested possessions, second behind Beamer's 12, plus had 6 clearances, 2nd behind Beamer's 7, and did it at a efficiency of 79%!) when he was clearly very good for us. I think he's been down, but he looked good today. Also, I thought that our structure looked much better this week, and that we are using our backline much better now with Garland playing a more attcking, zone role using his speed to defend and counterattack.

We had a very young team and, while we didn't set the world on fire, I certainly found a lot to be happy about.

This place is a weekly rollercoaster, where we are either 2 years from a certain premiership or bound to the wooden spoon until the coming of Saoshyant. There is no middle ground. It can be frustrating to read.

What a bizarre thing to say.

i wasn't at the game so i can't comment but I can understand that there is frustration amongst those that were. Do you think the supporters should just sit back and accept sub par performance when it is continually served up? There are players at Melbourne that are pulling their weight and there are those that aren't and supporters get frustrated when they see that, that's why you have forums like this, so you can vent your frustration.

Do you think the supporters should just sit back and accept sub par performance when it is continually served up? There are players at Melbourne that are pulling their weight and there are those that aren't and supporters get frustrated when they see that, that's why you have forums like this, so you can vent your frustration.

FFS, just because someone doesn't come on here calling every single player a spud and the team a farce etc. etc., it doesn't mean that they're accepting sub-par performances.

And thanks for telling us all why we have forums like this.

We need an influx of talent, our group is no where near what we thought it would be, we have recruited some ordinary players and we had the chance, through high draft picks, to get some stars.

There are some good players in there but no outstanding ones, no game breakers or game winners. And we've been poorly coached.

We have looked ordinary from the start of the year including the NAB Cup.

Here it comes......how on earth can we need an influx of talent? we've had all the front running in selection for years.

What we need is a game plan and some guys willing to stick with it.... MFC today = rabble

Big test.....how long does it take to turn around?