ENERGY WATCH = $6 Million sponsorship

Can someone explain to me how this company makes money....if all they do is help people get a cheaper energy deal.

this is not being negative...i am just confused....

If person Fred ..swtiches from Utility A to Utility B. Then B pays EW a fee. Simple as that

Excellent news....some light at the end of the tunnel....well a very big torch anyway! Go Dees!

I think it's fantastic news, well done to those involved. Everyone in the media wants to talk of a crisis at the club and have we improved since 2007. It's a beat up we have cleared debt, membership is up, we have moved from the Junction Oval to state of the art facilities and now record sponsorship deal. The board has brought a lot of stability to the club, looking ahead with a positive perspective new coach and new ideas taking our talented list to where they should be heading.

Go Dees!

My understanding is EnergyWatch are an agent for Energy companies and receive ongoing commission on each bill we pay.

It is interesting that Ben Polis mentioned one of the attractions offered by MFC is its business network.

It appears the old school/ old boys network that is criticised and ridiculed by many has some value after all.

$6,000,000 of value???

hasnt Schwabby now become a hero! lot of turncoats and im not naming names. whos Dean Bailey? and who was signing up Bank of Melb y'day

rumourmills are plenty clearly on this site....lol

You're right!

A CEO that has helped deliver a $6M sponsorship deal.

A coach with a 27% win rate over 4 years.

I'd say the right trigger was pulled.

A very reliable source (my own blood relative) works in the electricity industry, i asked them about Energywatch.

Turns out they're a pretty sinister company, they're a front for AGL

The whole electricity industry is sinister!

There's 6 million reasons to lover Energywatch, AGL front of not!

A very reliable source (my own blood relative) works in the electricity industry, i asked them about Energywatch.

Yeah, I would be guessing your relative works for a competitor of AGL?

Notwithstanding all of the criticism of Cameron Schwab which has incidentally been all based on rumour and innuendo, I reckon he's doing a great job as the CEO.

h

He and the rest of the crew :)

** clapping **

Cams doing a Great Job!

Performance based contracts at this time of AFL history, wouldn't be very popular. Would they now.

Go Dees!

You'd have to be kidding..Schwab is plain lucky to be there.It was just the timing issue..he won't be there past October 2012..he has past his use by date IMO..

You'd have to be kidding..Schwab is plain lucky to be there.It was just the timing issue..he won't be there past October 2012..he has past his use by date IMO..

Big Call JCB...This is a Fantastic deal, this is what the Top Clubs get.

And we still have room for a front sponsor which in theory should mean we can ask more for that space.

Well done Cam Schwab & all involved....i will be doing business with this company next week.

I'm taking the [censored]!

I'm a fan of Cameron.

He's been in poor form of late, but this is the kind of thing he can wrangle.

So I guess the club has a decision to make - keep a all-star CEO and put up with some of his micromanaging annoyances, or get rid of him and his talents...

Yeah anyone knows that judgment can come and go, and we can all make mistakes when going too hard at something. I think wer can all se that we're all trying hard to get to the same destination,

But we all have our own Ideas about the best route there.

Schwabby is a great man to right things and he is a good learner, but we can all be to head strong sometimes. And sometimes we need to step back & look again. To reassess where things are at.

He is very good at recruiting players, and we may need his skill very soon.

So don't misjudge things, on the back of some whinging and whining, from some when things are getting a bit tougher. This is likely just a 'chinese whisper[' of the truth.

I'm not privy to what has or hasn't happened in the back rooms. But I know when rumours abound they usually just represent one side, the most popular side of any argument.

People with the dirty work on their to do List, are usually the ones who soft types take aim at.

And the truth is often the first victim.

What we can see is the debt demolished and the new sponsorships.

If peoples toes have been trodden, then that's wrong, but not a death sentence. It means that the person needs to learn to dance with a bit more awareness.

Fantastic news for the DEE'S, well done to all that were involved to get the deal done............can we now go and play some hard arse, uncompromising, attacking and entertaining ( JURRRRRRAAAAAHHHH ) FOOTY,mum?

I mentioned this in the Bank of Melbourne sponsorship thread, its pretty clear that in NSW every single person that used the

service was told to switch to AGL. I have no problems if it was clearly a sponsorship for AGL itself,

but these quasi 'advisory companies' are shamtastic.

Nevertheless their money is welcome!

It's an awful lot of money for a company that only has had a turnover of $14m last year and an anticipated turnover of $30m this financial year. There must be a huge profit in Energy Advisory companies.

The owner also wrote a book called "Only a Mother Could Love Him", about his youth suffering from ADHD.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5659720665337015688

This is an interview he did for the 7.30 Report.

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2002/s519060.htm

Remarkable.