Clean Out

_becks_

I think it is about time to have a look at our list and really decide who we need to delist at the end of the year. Scully is gone. I think that one of Sylvia or Morton will most likely go as well. Maric, Wonaemirri will be delisted, then possible signed as rookies. Warnock will ask for a trade. Hopefully we re-sign Martin, MacDonald, Fitzy and Green.

Contracted to End of 2011

Tom Scully

Addam Maric

Cale Morton

Matthew Warnock

Austin Wonaeamirri

Joel Macdonald???

Jack Fitzpatrick

Brad Green.......... (Upgraded to Veterans List)

Colin Sylvia

Stefan Martin

As for the rookies...Evans and Nicho have been offered another year. Campbell, Newton, McNamara will not. We do not need any more ruckman. Newton has had his chance, ditto for McNamara. I think that Lawrence will get another chance, not sure about Johnston.

Rookies

Campbell, Robert

Evans, Michael

Johnston, CameronLawrence, Kelvin

W. McNamara, Tom

Newton, Michael

Nicholson, Daniel

As for the rookies...Evans and Nicho have been offered another year. Campbell, Newton, McNamara will not. We do not need any more ruckman. Newton has had his chance, ditto for McNamara. I think that Lawrence will get another chance, not sure about Johnston.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Delist Warnock, Maric and Wona and trade Morton if the value is right.

Then also see if we can unload Bate regardless of what we get for him. He's not worth keeping and I'm sure he'll be happy to move on.

We don't want too many picks in this draft.

Keep Evans, Nicholson and Lawrence.

If Scully goes, then it might be worth keeping Maric, because by the latter picks in the national draft their might not be much left.

Despite popular belief there is massive confidence at the club that Scully will stay at Melbourne as will Sylvia is what I got from the Presidents lunch.

I stopped buying into this a couple of Months back when I realised how bad all this carp was for the Club.

Honestly I don't care if he goes, as long as we get the right compensatory Picks, 2 First Rndr's...

He hasn't shown much care for our club, Or players, and the destruction his circumstances have caused. He can go for all I care, we need to tidy Up a few on the list.

A broom with Stiff Bristles is required to go through the AAMI Stadium, one that reaches deep into the crevices and corners.

I don't care what happens to:

Newton. How has he survived so long, and how did he get a rookie position this year?

Morton. Get him as far away from our club as possible. He embarrasses the jumper

Trade:

Bate. Can kick and mark but can't get to enough contests because of lack of pace. He can't think quickly during play and gets caught a lot. Good trade bait.

Dunn. I still reckon he can play but is close the dumbest footballer on our list. Makes errors of judegemnt to often and cannot impact a game when required. No definite role, but can rarely fill a specific role when given to him.

Delist

Maric. Not up to it.

Bartram. I love his toughness, hardness and ability to get the ball but watch other teams - they don't tackle him - they want him to kick it. His kicking ha always been poor and many times atrocious. Trade or delist, I don't care which.

Campbell. Poor rookie choice and is injured again.

Unless we are on the right end of a golden trade, I would keep Morton to see how he goes under another coach.

+1

I dont think he is on big money, and unless we get a good trade no harm keeping him. His confidence is absolutley shot the mark he took on 50 summed it up, he was looking to give off from the moment he took the ball and couldn't handball it to Dunn quick enough. A player with confidence would have went back and slotted it.

West Coast were the clanger and turnover kings last season, now Scott Selwood, Brad Ebert and Embley are playing good footy and hitting targets confidence is a big thing for players. Make no mistake they are no better than some players we have on our list

Bate. Can kick and mark but can't get to enough contests because of lack of pace. He can't think quickly during play and gets caught a lot. Good trade bait.

Dunn. I still reckon he can play but is close the dumbest footballer on our list. Makes errors of judegemnt to often and cannot impact a game when required. No definite role, but can rarely fill a specific role when given to him.

They tried to trade Bate last year - no takers. There will be no takers this year, either.

The opposition probably rates Dunn similar to Bate.

Not too early.

Bate, Dunn, Warnock to go. Maric maybe.

Rookies released except for Nicho and Evans.

Sylvia and Morton to be re-signed but if they don't agree, traded for ready made players.

Scully - we will see.

Bennell, Batram, and Davey kept.

Not too early.

Bate, Dunn, Warnock to go. Maric maybe.

Rookies released except for Nicho and Evans.

Sylvia and Morton to be re-signed but if they don't agree, traded for ready made players.

Scully - we will see.

Bennell, Batram, and Davey kept.

You're a lone hand on the Bartram one. I think the club will keep Dunn and Warnock for another year as back up for experience and size. It's more a case of waiting for the young talls to come on. No good denuding the list before they can step up.

My Opinion:

Sylvia - Must Keep

Bate - Trade

Newton - Delist

Davey - Keep - been one of our best for many years. Has had a bad interrupted year but let’s not over react.

Maric - Not sure.....

Campbell - Delist

Bennell - Keep

Morton – Trade

We will probably need about 5 draft picks at least:

2 for Evans, Nicho upgrade

1 first round

1 scully compensation (2nd to be held)

1 second round pick

Bate: delist

Warnock: Delist

Maric: Delist (a little unlucky)

Scully : GWS

Sylvia : trade

Morton: Trade or delist

I reckon Dunn and Batram will unfortunately survive as back up. Id like to see Jetta and Bennell given 1 more year.

Strauss rookie list?

We will probably need about 5 draft picks at least:

2 for Evans, Nicho upgrade

The club has already made the decision to make them 2nd year rookies next year.

Great the two boys agreed - gives us more flexibility.

Sylvia - keep

Bate - trade, Richmond are dumb enough

Newton - to borrow from horse racing... bring out the curtain

Davey - must keep, get a good sports psychologist

Maric - if people want him trade him, otherwise he is VFL fodder

Campbell - delist-trade

Bennell - one more year

Morton - TRADE.