The Tom Scully Saga © continues ...

old55

I a discussion with a group of people and Ben Allan who also suffered Chronic knee problems was also involved and it was during the discussion the professionalism of Mcleod looking after his body and knees to get on the park came up.

Also did a quick google and found this

http://m.afl.com.au/...TITION&listId=1

Did you notice in that article that AM didnt start to suffer as Id though until later in his career. Hed already built the body ..just had to maintian its readiness. Tom hasnt arrived at that degree of growth ( body maturity ) yet etc and he HAS ailments.

Im not for a moment TS dedication to fitness etc ... but if youve got a problem...youve got a problem. It seems to be affecting him greatly already.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you guys saw Mike Sheahan's article about Garry Lyon.

After all this year saying Tom Scully is gone. In this article he says he hope Tom Scully is going to stay with the dees.

So if he was sure Tom Scully was gone why would he write something like that right now.

Edited by Dees

What's going on with giants. In start of the season GWS had Clarke, Scully, and Ward signed and delivered.

Now Clarke's manager is saying he is not going to GWS. http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/10075192/dockers-still-in-hunt-for-lion-clark

Ward likely stay with Dogs.

And media start to change their opinion on Scully, specially Mike Shehan ( I think I spelled the name wrong. )

So much for poaching of players out from other clubs by GWS.

Edited by Dees

So if some of these lads AREN'T going... Who is. ? As sure as sh!t someone is. There's lots of Lolly on offer.

Scully should be offered the same contract as trengove. No more, no less.

Scully will be paid whatever the club think it is worth paying him to remain at the club; nothing that you or I or anyone else say matters.

And for what it's worth, it was reported some time ago on AFL360 that Mark Robinson (I think it was) put the question to Trengove (informally - off camera) re whether large discrepancies between TS and the rest of the playing group would create divisions/disharmony, and the answer was "no"... they have no issue with it.

No..Scully will be offered what the club considers hes worth. .Stay ..or not stay..? Seperate issue as such

and in that light Scully has been offered what the club considers his worth.

No..Scully will be offered what the club considers hes worth. .Stay ..or not stay..? Seperate issue as such

and in that light Scully has been offered what the club considers his worth.

Semantics :-) However, we could find that the knee issue may have reduced his currency at GWS, so my wording may yet prove to be accurate.

not semantics.. its being specific

It seems that things are going from bad to worse up there in Sydney for the GWS Giants.

The news today is that the Giants appear to have missed out on their prime target "Daisy" Thomas who is about to shun the big coin on offer to sign a two year deal with Collingwood.

This comes on top of news that some of the other players who were rumoured as certain signings were not certainties at all as as previously claimed. Mitch Clark's manager has ruled his client out of GWS and the word is that if he goes anywhere it will be to the Dockers.

All of this on top of revelations that GWS recruiter Neville Stibbard has been stood down while the matter of his alleged intimidation of an opposition recruiting officer is dealt with just at the very time when that club should be stepping up it's recruiting activity.

There are still question marks remaining over whether Sheedy, as the head coach with what will be close to five years out of the hurly burly of hands on coaching at AFL level is up to dealing with the highly sophisticated requirements of the modern game.

The Sydney market is going to be hard to crack at the best of times, let alone during an economic recession, so the game doesn't need this sort of publicity - Ground Zero: why commission must tackle 'sporting apartheid.

It seems that things are going from bad to worse up there in Sydney for the GWS Giants.

The news today is that the Giants appear to have missed out on their prime target "Daisy" Thomas who is about to shun the big coin on offer to sign a two year deal with Collingwood.

This comes on top of news that some of the other players who were rumoured as certain signings were not certainties at all as as previously claimed. Mitch Clark's manager has ruled his client out of GWS and the word is that if he goes anywhere it will be to the Dockers.

All of this on top of revelations that GWS recruiter Neville Stibbard has been stood down while the matter of his alleged intimidation of an opposition recruiting officer is dealt with just at the very time when that club should be stepping up it's recruiting activity.

There are still question marks remaining over whether Sheedy, as the head coach with what will be close to five years out of the hurly burly of hands on coaching at AFL level is up to dealing with the highly sophisticated requirements of the modern game.

The Sydney market is going to be hard to crack at the best of times, let alone during an economic recession, so the game doesn't need this sort of publicity - Ground Zero: why commission must tackle 'sporting apartheid.

Act now, fold the club.

Now only thing left is Tom Scully to sign with Dees at the season end and we will witness the first season a team went without a win and a legendary coach get's his reputation ruined.

As a resident of Sydney I am convinced the AFL has bitten off more than it can chew.

If they think they will attract crowds (and support) to 2 AFL teams they are "dreaming".

The gold coast at least had a high level of ex pats to help support the new team.

Port are struggling in an AFL obsessed town.

NRL dont get big crowds to matches and unless the swans are doing well their crowds are not flash.

I expect anyone going to GWS matches will be outnumbered by the coaching staff and away fans.

It will end up a Canberra team and the AFL will be pouring money into it for decades to come without any light at the end of the tunnel.

Edited by Robbie57

As a resident of Sydney I am convinced the AFL has bitten off more than it can chew.

If they think they will attract crowds (and support) to 2 AFL teams they are "dreaming".

The gold coast at least had a high level of ex pats to help support the new team.

Port are struggling in an AFL obsessed town.

NRL dont get big crowds to matches and unless the swans are doing well their crowds are not flash.

I expect anyone going to GWS matches will be outnumbered by the coaching staff and away fans.

It will end up a Canberra team and the AFL will be pouring money into it for decades to come without any light at the end of the tunnel.

My views are thus:

1. We will never be in a better position to get a second team in Sydney - have footy on every week in Sydney.

2. Port's issues were Oakley's fault and the decision to have the Port Adelaide name instead of a more generic name. Right off the bat many people hated the club and would never embrace it.

3. Sydney's crowds are always stronger than most NRL games - and the NRL is a television sport so comparing attendances is always difficult.

4. With a 'clean' stadium, the Giants don't have to get more than mid-teens to stay in the black.

5. Canberra will see about 3 Giants games a season but West Sydney has a better shot of keeping this team than Canberra. The place has more footy fans, absolutely, but there is zero corporate support and the infrastructure is now worse than what is in Blacktown.

The Giants will be around for quite a while. And they should be.

I don't wish them every success, however...

There is one success that is reserved for the Dees.

Edited by rpfc

Luke Darcy and Eddie McGuire hinted in Sen that GWS is close to land a big fish, but that player is not one of the players that media speculated about.

It's time to guess which player that is?

My only guess is a player from a team that not going to make the finals.

Luke Darcy and Eddie McGuire hinted in Sen that GWS is close to land a big fish, but that player is not one of the players that media speculated about.

My only guess is a player from a team that not going to make the finals.

I've heard Jordan Russell from Carlton over the weekend, but I'm not entirely sure he is considered a 'big fish'.

And that would be MMM...

edit: I should note that the 'source' was from 'sen'; so definitely unconfirmed :)

Sam Mitchell?

Sourcing believable snipbits of information 101

rules 1 through 1001

Disregard anything that can be attributed to a Collinwood source, doubly so if it emits from its Presidents mouth :rolleyes:

What do people consider a big fish? I wouldn't call any player mentioned so far a big fish and a big fish to me is a top 20 player in the AFL, good thing for us we don't have any big fish yet just small fish waiting to grow.

What do people consider a big fish? I wouldn't call any player mentioned so far a big fish and a big fish to me is a top 20 player in the AFL, good thing for us we don't have any big fish yet just small fish waiting to grow.

Well there has only been two mentioned. Russell and Mitchell. And I mentioned I wouldn't consider Russell a big fish.

But I would classify Mitchell as one. He'll probably poll more votes than anyone in the Brownlow and will win his clubs best & fairest, All Australian selection and yes, top 20 in the AFL for 2011.