Adem Yze - Tanking twitter comment - not confirmed his twitter.

PeterJames

And this Makes it acceptable ?????

Sorry Im Old School and if you have a pride or love for your club there is no reason Good enough to TANK . To Actually throw a game. Once you do this you not only loose Credibility but also a part of your soul.

Regardless of the Reason or the Logic behind it or the benefits one may inccur.

Anyway enough said!

We have a future to look forward too I am Glad Bailey has gone as Coach, I am not happy that he or anyone else should have to experience this, but also all credit to Bailey for taking it like a man and not spitting the dummy but sucking it up and moving on, and in all fairness watching the press Conference no one Bagged Bailey either in Fact Jim said Clearly that Bailey was a " great bloke",

But as we all know great blokes dont always make great Coaches.

It was Inevitable from the day Bailey took over as coach till now that sooner or later he would no longer be coach

Our club was Haemorrhagingthe bleeding had to be stopped, hopefully this is the first step in applying the tourniquet to stop that bleeding .

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ironic one of our biggest front running players of the daniher era would comment on our current front running side.

Very easy to take pot shots on a club who played him for more games than he was worth and on very good money too. When the chips were down, he was often the first to go missing.

This behaviour is the pits to me.

I would have thought that a senior leader failing to go when it's his turn and toe-poking the ball off the ground instead of bending down to pick it up (thereby failing to put his body on the line) would create a far bigger cultural issue for the playing group than "tanking".

Ooze was a great player over many years but he didn't lead the way when given the chance towards the end of his career.

Edited by Scoop Junior

I would have thought that a senior leader failing to go when it's his turn and toe-poking the ball off the ground instead of bending down to pick it up (thereby failing to put his body on the line) would create a far bigger cultural issue for the playing group than "tanking".

Ooze was a great player over many years but he didn't lead the way when given the chance towards the end of his career.

Agree Scoop.

Here we go again. More character assassinations against ex players who speak their own mind.

It has not stopped your rancid character assassination against a current player who has stuck to his statements. Pot Kettle black at its lowest.

Who cares if we 'tanked'?

It really didn't take much for Bailey to implement, we were horrible anyway.

Seriously if we are to win a premiership within the next few years it will be because of those picks that we have gained in the last few years. So everyone should stop complaining about it and saying that it had a detrimental affect on our club culture.

West Coast tanked last year and they are now top 5, it has really hurt their culture hasn't it?

Collingwood tanked to get Pendles and Daisy and won the Premiership last year, it has really hurt their culture hasn't it?

There are many more examples of this as outlined by others above.

I'm sure that if we had won 1-2 extra games back in 2008 and 2009 that we would be pushing for the top 4 atm, since our Club 'Culture' would be so strong, please...

The problem in our culture is not from the 'tanking' but from the remanents of the Daniher years. Our premiership window won't open until all of those that were involved in the Daniher era are gone.

Bailey's biggest problem was that he couldnt move them all on quick enough and they had the chance to influence the next batch of youngsters that then came into our club. Our next Coach will have a handful on his plate to try and eradicate this virus that has infected our club.

If your upset with the club 'tanking' send a letter to the club telling them that the players have lost part of their "souls" and that to forget this shameful chapter in MFC History, we should trade out the fruits of our 'tanking' (e.g Trengove, Blease) and Watts, Jurrah, Scully, (if you believe that the reason we finished last was beacuse we were tanking)or the two compo picks we get for him, to other more deserving clubs.

Four of those five (blease undecided) are guns and without them where would we be? -Even worse off then we are now.

Two of them that were playing on Saturday were only two of three players on the day that actually tried.

There are bigger things that affect a Club culture and togetherness far more than 'tanking'. E.g: the ridiculous amount payed to players to kick a ball around (and it will only get worse with the CBA to come in soon) and poor on-field leadership.

(And for those that are saying that JMAC should have played on an extra year, he missed rounds 12-17 last year from what was only an initial 1-2 week injury, he could have missed half of 2011 for all we know. I had no problem with him being moved on, it was the way that it was handled that was the problem.)

Agree Scoop.

It has not stopped your rancid character assassination against a current player who has stuck to his statements. Pot Kettle black at its lowest.

Just because I don't believe a word he or his management have said and knowing what I know does not constitute a character assassination.

Here we go again. More character assassinations against ex players who speak their own mind.

I don't think anyone needs to character assassinate Yze.

His actions on the field, and now his comments, speak for themselves.

Just amazing all the apologists flailing around blaming and attacking personally anyone that doesn't tow the MFC spin department line. All your glowing "its going to plan" excuses for the past 2 years have been exposed as nothingness and are now reduced to spouting vituperation against fellow supporters and past players.

Edited by america de cali

Pffft.

You love being the harbinger of doom, but you've got nothing else.

Geez, I didn't think I was like that. And silly me actually feeling optimistic pre game last Saturday. I even tipped us to make the finals and said we can still make it despite all the tribulations. What wrath have my feelings brought on this once great club? I must have the mark of devil stamped on my buttocks. Somebody please call in the Witchfinder General.

I don't think anyone needs to character assassinate Yze.

His actions on the field, and now his comments, speak for themselves.

lol, its kinda funny hearing from the Ooze on the subject of 'measured outcomes "

Some of us have reasonable memories Adem :rolleyes:

What a lot of ignorant comments ! EVERY lowly team "list manages" late in the season for early draft picks. Only Demetriou and K.B. dont believe this. Players are NOT instructed to stop trying as shown by the classic Jordan McMahon last shot of the match to defeat us. Sacked Carlton assistant coach,Tony Liberatore, spilled the beans concerning the "Kreuzer Cup" match using as an example the non matching up on TJ when he had a ridiculous number of possessions in his last game for us.

Quote from Yze's twitter Pretty sure it's his account.

'Tanking creates a losing culture!! The people behind that decision are the ones that should be sacked!!!'

Bit sad to read that, this is the exact attitude that the MFC has too much of and does not need....Bitterness.

It's a pity Adem has not contacted Jim Stynes to ask how he can help at this time like G Lyon & the Ox have publicly done.

Bit sad to read that, this is the exact attitude that the MFC has too much of and does not need....Bitterness.

It's a pity Adem has not contacted Jim Stynes to ask how he can help at this time like G Lyon & the Ox have publicly done.

Agree. I can certainly understand the anger at this, but by the same token, we seem to have alienated a lot of past players. When that happens, neither the club nor the ex-player wins.

Tank ?? ..No no no , no ...NO.....We develop at Melbourne, we're all about development, were obsessed with it in fact. ! :)

What a bunch of rubbish - how did we take it to new levels? What we did in 2009 was not worse than what Carlton did in 2007. We did what we had to do in the best interests of the club. For a change we were ruthless and refused to just go along to get along. Anyone who brings this up now or questions it is only to the detriment of the club. It was done, it's what had to be done, now leave it in the past where it belongs.

We're all hurting right now. We're all embarrassed and we've all been copping it from friends and colleagues. Let's not turn on ourselves. I think I've broken my own rule of not slagging off players a couple of times and Adem Yze was the focus. I wasn't a fan of how he played and I'm not a fan of him going public with the tanking call but I do share his concerns. I raised the issue at the time and I raised it again earlier in the year and I raised it for a third time in this thread. Each time the response from this forum has been aggressive. It's a possible truth few of us are prepared to entertain. Denial has been constant. I love watching Scully and Trengove running around and like most here have pointed to them as our premiership keys but that doesn't I'm not allowed to feel uncomfortable with the way in which we obtained their services. I understand the hypocrisy. Watch the famous Richmond game again and then try to find another more blatant example of tanking in the history of National Drafts. The simple question I raised at the time, is whether it is possible for a team of players who've had their coach do whatever he can to so obviously sabotage their attempts at winning a game of football, to continue to respect their leader. 186 point losses aren't something you see everyday. Coaches being dumped within 24 hours of a game with 5 matches remaining in a season doesn't happen every year. If you're not prepared to at least consider the possible link between our tanking for a priority pick and the eventual demise of our coach and our current situation as the laughing stock of the league, then you're paying no respect to the role of a positive culture within a club.

When I suggest we took tanking to new levels, I'm not ignoring the obvious attempts of Carlton to underachieve. West Coast played their kids and sent their veterens off to premature post-season surgery. North did it too and Wallace has admitted that he made very few coaching moves to optimize the chance of his team not winning. Carlton implemented a game plan against us that gave them little chance of winning. Bailey, however, coached the team to lose. We managed the list so that a poor team ran onto the field but unlike any other team in the history of the league we had to make moves designed to minimize our efficiency and effectiveness. The response of the Richmond coaching staff after their win and the response of the Melbourne crowd afterwards told a sad tale. And the saddest thing of all for me was the sick feeling I had immediately after cheering McMahon's kick all the way home. I'm not stupid, I understand how bloody significant that extra pick may well be but I think I'm entitled to question it's possible ramifications when the team I love continue to turn it up every single time they come up against a good opponent and fall behind early in a game.

It is very interesting that a past player who actually loves the Club is not allowed to vent his feelings or frustrations, a find that a bit rich on here

He's allowed to vent - behind closed doors. Like any good professional or team member, having dirty laundry is fine, but keep it private. Advertising it online is poor form when the club needs all the support it can get.

Sour grapes.

I like a nice, firm grape, one with a bit of bite.

I hate the soft ones that loosely hang on the outside of the bunch, eventually they fall away and you never give them a second thought.

Did we tank, in 2008/09? After the performance the MFC put in on the weekend, i'm beginning to think we were just [censored]! A part of me hopes we did tank, i'd hate to think we were actually that [censored]!