• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Schwab in the gun

Interesting when Bailey was asked about what support he had from CEO & administration he referred back to feeling he had total support from players and coaches.

mmm. And interesting that Bailey - who was selected as coach prior to Jimmy and the Boys' rise to power - has departed , while CS and CC remain and have the full support of the board.

This isn't over. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a resignation or two before the end of year.

mmm. And interesting that Bailey - who was selected as coach prior to Jimmy and the Boys' rise to power - has departed , while CS and CC remain and have the full support of the board.

This isn't over. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a resignation or two before the end of year.

Timing of annoucing CS contract extension for a year is shocking! This only adds to 'boys club' comments!

DB as a rookie coach was always subject to possible interference or influence from CC who was one of the shortlisted candidates for the job (maybe only lost out re $$) and CS has prior form of getting invloived in football dept matters as noted by others. So possibly almost doomed not to succeed! If MFC Board is serious more changes are needed. Just replacing DB is not addressing the problems.

Guest hangon007

As much as why the board couldnt have hung out for another 5 weeks is beyond me or any of us, unless you thought the sacking was justified.

All we have done is position ourself in front of other clubs moving forward. Obviously, the board felt Dean was unfortunately not our man to get us there.

I feel like there are two possibilities.

One is that Schwab was never going to be fired.

The other is the club feels as though we can't afford to move our CEO on straight after our coach.

My feeling is that Schwab was never going to be fired. Jimmy specifically head hunted CS and persuaded him to take up the position.

He has now been offered an extension on his contract. The club must be very unhappy with him!

Rhino I'm talking in the context of Saturday's loss for crying out loud, surely you can fathom that. To have let a CEO go in the wake of Saturday would have been farcical.

From the reports it would seem that Schwab would have blotted his copy book along time before that. It appeared farcical with McNamee at the time given the Club was broke and had a contractual payout to meet on early termination.

My feeling is that Schwab was never going to be fired. Jimmy specifically head hunted CS and persuaded him to take up the position.

He has now been offered an extension on his contract. The club must be very unhappy with him!

A 12 month extension is hardly a ringing vote of endorsement of a CEO.

From the reports it would seem that Schwab would have blotted his copy book along time before that. It appeared farcical with McNamee at the time given the Club was broke and had a contractual payout to meet on early termination.

Peddling McNamee doesn't change any aspect of my original point.

If you don't think that it would have been farcical to have axed Schwab in light of Saturday's game just say so otherwise wtf are you on about?

According to Caro, he is safe for now.

Schwab appears safe after Demons backflip

From my perspective, Schwab has been doing a very good job. But i have no problems admitting, that there is much going on in the club, that i have no idea about.

So.....Caro got it very wrong........again

it won't happen, but she should learn to keep her mouth shut until she can confirm her 'scoops'......or get new 'sources'

So.....Caro got it very wrong........again

it won't happen, but she should learn to keep her mouth shut until she can confirm her 'scoops'......or get new 'sources'

It's funny how 'we' have backflipped purely because she had said it was going to happen when it didn't.

Journos...

They're so cute.

Interesting when Bailey was asked about what support he had from CEO & administration he referred back to feeling he had total support from players and coaches.

yes that exactly what i thought. in fact i reckon that was the most telling part of Dean's press conference (along with the fact he chose to do it by himself - funny not to see him in a bright red polo shirt).

Guest The Tweed Pig

You lot are naive. I've no doubt that Wilson's mail was spot on. Whoever was providing the information got it slightly wrong, but there's little doubt that Schwab was a breath away from getting the bullet. She said the Board was divided on Schwab and it appears that they were based on only a 12 month extension. The ball is now in Schwab's court to keep his nose out of the FD and do what he does best.

A 12 month extension doesn't seem to be a confident move by the club. Will be interesting to see the performance off the field (profit/loss) on the back of an increase in over 3,500 members if you ask me.

Can someone explain the issue with Schwab?

I don't understand why, if he's interfering outside his role, the club isn't able to just tell him to stop - and deal with the situation if he doesn't...

I don't understand why, if he's interfering outside his role, the club isn't able to just tell him to stop - and deal with the situation if he doesn't...

The problem is that this sort of thing breeds resentment between the 2 factions, and when egos are involved, even if it stops, sometimes the damage remains as long as both parties do.

Now that one ofthe parties is gone, Schwab just needs to remember to stick to his role.

The issue has largely been removed.

(this is assuming the problem was between Bailey and Schwab)

I reckon that's what he's been told and why we haven't heard alot from him in recent months.

Ever since the internal review published in the Australian and Jimmy taking on the FD role to report to the board.

A 12 month extension doesn't seem to be a confident move by the club. Will be interesting to see the performance off the field (profit/loss) on the back of an increase in over 3,500 members if you ask me.

Though it has been deemed purely by chance to happen at this time ( beleive that if you care ) this is , for mine a message by the hierachy of the club to all and sundry announcing that "we do the hiring , firing and decision making here " not certain elements. Theyll review Schwabby in the clear light of day when its required.

After all the speculation, Schwab has been given a one-year extension - hardly a vote of confidence!!

Where are we going - what are we doing? The Board has given us a CEO with a one year time horizon. If having seen him in action- and counselled him on his weaknesses for over 4 years - they don't have faith in him beyond that - then I'd suggest he's not the man.

If I was him I'd be looking around ......... unless of course I have no options ( which says something in itself)

If it was anyone other than Jimmy, supporters would be looking pretty hard at the Board right now!!

I see it as the MFC's hand being forced re Bailey but not kneejerking into a decision really one way or other with Schwabb. They'll come to him in due course, and when waters are calmer...Makes perfect sense.

I see it as the MFC's hand being forced re Bailey but not kneejerking into a decision really one way or other with Schwabb. They'll come to him in due course, and when waters are calmer...Makes perfect sense.

Why did we have to knee jerk with Bailey then. I didn't see supporters about the burn the club down. Most were pretty calm and realised that he was gone and were willing to wait the 5 weeks. I'm now more worried because Schwab has got a 1 year deal, what good can come of that.

The problem is that this sort of thing breeds resentment between the 2 factions, and when egos are involved, even if it stops, sometimes the damage remains as long as both parties do.

Now that one ofthe parties is gone, Schwab just needs to remember to stick to his role.

The issue has largely been removed.

(this is assuming the problem was between Bailey and Schwab)

Whiteboard Wednesday went too far E25??? is this the straw?...it did just stop abruptly.

Given that Jim Stynes was running the football department

Why is that it came to this serious situation Pathetic on field performance factions in the admin etc

It seems to me (IMO) that the managemnet style is still too soft and weak they appear manage by process not by outcomes nearly not tough enough

Somebody with real strength needed to eyeball all concerned and demand focus and outcomes

It is just symtomatic of the club when I have had the opportunity of speaking to Schwab and Connolly you get lots of words very little substance

Perhaps our Board is taken in by presentation not substance like other coaching candidates maybe had the job but didnt present in management speak

I WILL NOT LOSE SUPPORT FOR MFC But i want them to come clean explain all the problems finish the infighting and get on with running a great football club

I feel like there are two possibilities.

One is that Schwab was never going to be fired.

The other is the club feels as though we can't afford to move our CEO on straight after our coach.

Or maybe the other is, that whatever the Issues were, that they can be worked through,,, from within.