• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

GAMEDAY

45HG

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to know what he's going to say to them at half time.

What can he say, other than they have no respect for the jumper. The only player he can talk about is Jordie McKenzie.

If Dean wanted to really give it to them Bailey could inform them that all Melbourne players including those that played for Casey will be rounded up and made to walk back to Melbourne and kept in line with cattle prods.

Will the board do something about this pathetic situation? No would be the answer judging by history.

quite a remarkable post in light of those that you posted in the hawthorn crowd size thread last week

I know, and I'm sure I'll cop a lot of crap for it, but I will never not support this club or buy a membership, but [censored] me I don't think I have done anything to deserve this sort of miserable suffering.

The club has to do something during the week to show me that they are serious about never ever ever repeating this sort of thing ever again. Dropping Green/Moloney would be a great start. Announcing that Bailey will not coach us in 2012 would be another.

NEVER PLAYING WATTS DOWN BACK EVER AGAIN WOULD ALSO BE VERY NICE!!!

And the worst thing about it all... we play my most hated team in the universe next week and we'll probably come out and smash them :rolleyes:

Edited by Jaded

Its pretty obvious there is serisously something wrong at our club.

Is it a all the Scully speculation and money offer?

The total lack of leadership?

The regret of sacking Junior?

The supposed infighting between connolly and Bailey

But probably more than that....stuff behind the scenes we dont know about.

After today im pretty sure Baileys gone, Green will be stood down in favour of say .....a grimes

Id say not only Bailey but the whole coaching panel.

All of the above...

Joel Selwood has had more possessions, 24 in the first half than the combined total of

Dunn 1

Green 1

Jamar 5

Jurrah 6

Moloney 0

Rivers 3

Sylvia 6

And these are our senior players, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Won't you go home, Dean Bailey, won't you go home

We've moaned the whole game long

We'll do the coachin', Deano, well pay you the rest

You know you done us wrong !!

Ok ok, i have thought about it. Bailey has to go, yes. Maybe, just maybe he is a genius with this master gameplan the likes of which the AFL has never seen. But the players are simply not playing. Not for him, not for the fans, not for the club, not for themselves not for anyone or anything.

One man alone is not responsible for this. Every player should be put on notice, every contract put up for renewal at years end. It won't happen of course, but it should. The leadership group should immediately step down, the captaincy dropped (as noone deserves it).

The admin needs to have a good hard look at itself. The powers that be have brought in the old mates club from the 80's. This is without a question of doubt, the lowest point the club has ever been in. Sure through the 70's and 80's we were crap, but at least the players tried. The same cannot be said today.

What can one say from today's performance. I've lost interest, for this season at least. Hopefully over the summer break, changes will be put in place, but i'm not so confident.

Crowd size vs GC - 7,000

Bailey should step down Viney should be given the job till the end of the season. Connolly should step down and Laidley should be appointed head of the Football department. Green should step down and Trengove should be appointed Captain, if he want's to. The recruiting department should be sacked for recruiting such a bunch of pathetic wimps. Sylvia should be traded for someone that gives a [censored]. Jurrah should be sent to Casey and told that he won't be played until he learns that it's a team game and not just about him.

With you on all of that except the recruiting department. No complaints there from me, quite the reverse. Should be more B Prendergast love. McKenzie, Howe, Nicholson, Evans, Gawn ... all excellent low picks.

Biggest losing margin: 190 points Round 17, 1979 (Waverley Park) – Melbourne 6.12 (48) v Fitzroy 36.22 (238)[42]

Will this record be beat today?

Well it is now 120 pts having just started 2nd half! AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Well on track for worst losing margin

Not content with Bruise-free footy

The hapless demons have come up with a a new strain of teh game

...football free footy !!!

Yes thats right folks...we just run around and around and avoid the pill entirely !! B)

shame we cant sub the coach !!!

Joel Selwood has had more possessions, 24 in the first half than the combined total of

Dunn 1

Green 1

Jamar 5

Jurrah 6

Moloney 0

Rivers 3

Sylvia 6

And these are our senior players, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Ha!

Put that on a poster and hang it in the rooms post game.

Beautiful.

Im going out to take the stickers off the car the worst part of all this

is I have to go to work on Monday off the back of this crap

This sums it up, turning up to work on Monday will kill me. What do I say, where do I hide. My mates have been giving it to me for the last 3 1/2 years.

Driving through the City, with a MFC members sticker on your number plate. I love when it rocks up in the mail every year. You peel the old one off, Give the plate cover a good wipe over, and insert the new one with a big grin on your face, saying to yourself "this year is the year". You stare at it when you bring your shopping back to the car in the carpark. It's like it adds value to the beast.

I think I could set fire to the car right now. Oh, well. There's always next year.

Picture a gang of chimps trying to drive a Ferrari, well we are certainly not a Ferrari yet but we certainly have the talent to become one, its just that they are coached by the those monkeys!!

When you pay peanuts so what do you get ?