We will beat Hawthorn on Sunday

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love and applaud all the optimism, but it would create history. I don't think anyone has won after a Darwin game.

Not true.

Port and the Dogs both won last year the week after their game.

One in the Showdown and the other in a thrashing. The Dogs won the year before as well from memory.

This is just somehwat ironic. Im accused of buying into a doom and gloom way of thinking.. Im not.. Im simply assessing trhe reailty of what ..IS . Hawthorn is 3rd..were 9th...its no accident and its a window to the state of play.

"So why do the big clubs get the good players wanting to go there". I cringe.. Cry Cry ..why do the big clubs get the players !!!!! Talk about a whinge.

Whos really the pessimist here ?

Jolly wanted Collingwwood for the very simple reason he got a Premiership out of it..and did so before he'l lhanfg up his boots. Thats wont have happened at Melbourne, not in the immediate time frame..Yes, another reality Jolly has issues with Melb also..theres a history. Lets not get too carried away with a few players here and there.

Ball went to teh Filth for similar reasons.. Maggies were in premiership window time. Who can blame him. Keep in mind we were rebuilding and focussing on youth. We did look at Ball ..he went to Cwood for the reasons explained.

It might seem strange to many but most players will tel lyou the crowd disappears into teh backgrond once the game starts. Its a very small thing in teh great scheme of it all in terms of why player X want s to go to Y.

We all know why Judd went to Carlton..enough said. He didnt go to Collingwood either ..remember ??

Theres no doubt that players are drawn to success. Though really good ones create it. .

Whos to say the good players arent drawn to Melbourne now. try looking within also.. Watts, Trengove,,Jamar..all happily resigned because they know whats coming and that they will be part of it.. All three COULD have gone elsewhere..There are others too.

Its not a whinge, all im saying is we need to aim higher, accept nothing less than hard nosed footy and compete every week whether we are favored or not.

Another poster said...they are 3rd..we are 9th..so they must be better. FFS. Its a game 22 professional athletes who have done nothing else all week but aim to compete for 2 hours. I am shocked at how ready many supporters are to accept the loss before the weekend. Imagine if the players read this?

I can appreciate the crowd may blend in to the background but I have watched all sports all over the globe and if you suggest that the crowd does not play a part you are mistaken How many times have we seen a 15 point comeback in a raucous basketball arena and the home team comes from nowhere to win.

Are you saying the 50,000 who turn up each week to see Collingwood dont effect the team at all? Why is it so hard to win in Perth even when their sides are just fair....maybe the 40,000 passionate fans in the stadium baying for blood?

I can appreciate that good players can create a successful vibe and I pray Watts, Scully, Trengiove etc are part of something truly special...my point going back to the beginning is that each and everyone of us can be a part of this and the naysayers should just belt up. (Here comes the rational free speech argument already)

If you go through each and every day life with this attitude you will lead a boring, crappy existence. Its sport, its a game, its played by humans and on footy fields all over the country the 9th side will beat the 3rd side..so why not us?

If you go through each and every day life with this attitude you will lead a boring, crappy existence. Its sport, its a game, its played by humans and on footy fields all over the country the 9th side will beat the 3rd side..so why not us?

Lets get things straight shall we.. My lifes fine. . I dare to aspire and sometimes accomplish this. Sometimes you dont...thats life. . There are realities and you deal with them.

To ignore them will set you up for major disappointments and frustrations.. But thats your choice.

I support and barrack for my team week in week out, whether at the game or otherwise I always WANT them to win.. Do I expect them to ? No. Simple reason is 1) Im old enough to have seeen plenty of seasons and plenty of disappointment. and 2) This is very much a simple game that revolves around ability and form. Currently only someone with head in sand would suppose we are better on both .

The opening thread title (now changed btw) asked.. Will we ? No,t do you want them to ?

They are simply two different things.. Can you understand that ?

Now lets look at it. We played in Darwin last week and were knackered. They had the bye. They get Lewis, Rioli and others back. Not to forget that Allan Jeans died last week. I can see 8 in a row.

Ouch.

I have no reason to be optimistic, re: Rioli, Lewis, Jeans etc. But I just have a weird feeling something special is gunna happen, and I'm gunna be there and shout and barrack and you just never know.........

Never confident against the dorks . All this crap in the media , people trying to spread lies etc to split the club ,might just help us lift .I'll be happy with a 4 quarter dip at it .

Never confident against the dorks . All this crap in the media , people trying to spread lies etc to split the club ,might just help us lift .I'll be happy with a 4 quarter dip at it .

It would be great to stick it right up the Newspapers particularly...not just on sunday but for the rest of 2011.

This is just somehwat ironic. Im accused of buying into a doom and gloom way of thinking.. Im not.. Im simply assessing trhe reailty of what ..IS . Hawthorn is 3rd..were 9th...its no accident and its a window to the state of play.

"So why do the big clubs get the good players wanting to go there". I cringe.. Cry Cry ..why do the big clubs get the players !!!!! Talk about a whinge.

Whos really the pessimist here ?

Jolly wanted Collingwwood for the very simple reason he got a Premiership out of it..and did so before he'l lhanfg up his boots. Thats wont have happened at Melbourne, not in the immediate time frame..Yes, another reality Jolly has issues with Melb also..theres a history. Lets not get too carried away with a few players here and there.

Ball went to teh Filth for similar reasons.. Maggies were in premiership window time. Who can blame him. Keep in mind we were rebuilding and focussing on youth. We did look at Ball ..he went to Cwood for the reasons explained.

It might seem strange to many but most players will tel lyou the crowd disappears into teh backgrond once the game starts. Its a very small thing in teh great scheme of it all in terms of why player X want s to go to Y.

We all know why Judd went to Carlton..enough said. He didnt go to Collingwood either ..remember ??

Theres no doubt that players are drawn to success. Though really good ones create it. .

Whos to say the good players arent drawn to Melbourne now. try looking within also.. Watts, Trengove,,Jamar..all happily resigned because they know whats coming and that they will be part of it.. All three COULD have gone elsewhere..There are others too.

This notion that the Dees are some sort of Lepper colony is just hogwash..

Good post Belz .All this destabilizing stuff is mind games coming from our opponents trying to bust up a powerful list .United we stand !

We CAN win this game like all games we've ever played...............................i'm optimistic, but not confident.

For some reason I just can't explain, I'm really looking forward to watching this game... I get the feeling it is going to be a very good game whatever the result.

I'd just like to apologise...i was obviously wrong with my 5-6 goal assertion towards Hawthorn....

If only we were even that good !! :huh: 9 goals it was

go Dees :mellow:

Guest hangon007

I'd just like to apologise...i was obviously wrong with my 5-6 goal assertion towards Hawthorn....

If only we were even that good !! :huh: 9 goals it was

go Dees :mellow:

Oh How bloody clever are YOU... sounds like you are almost happy we lost. So you can come back here and post.

Well done hope you are proud of yourself.

Oh How bloody clever are YOU... sounds like you are almost happy we lost. So you can come back here and post.

Well done hope you are proud of yourself.

Was that really necessary ? ;)

BB59 wasn't gloating as such.

Just pointing out that he has misjudged a previous comment of his.

Again. :)

Guest hangon007

Was that really necessary ? ;)

BB59 wasn't gloating as such.

Just pointing out that he has misjudged a previous comment of his.

Again. :)

You obviously missed what Greeny said to Hodgey at the coin toss

Greeny - "ohhhhh its a bit cold & wet today, we are 2-3 years away anyway, we are just a "realistic" bunch regarding ability and form" Wait before I go "belzebub59 is on at 36 points and under"

Hodgey - "ok I get the message we will fix him up"

The rest was pure theatre. :)

still dont get it do you 007. HT did ( despite the dig )

My barb was thrust towards those who inanely refuse to see things for what they are and have the termity or stupidity to lambast anyone who calls a spade a spade etc

I thought we were 5-6 less a team on most days...add in the previous weeks draining and theres another 3-4

Could we beat any team on a day ? Possible !! Likely.?? Well not any team id suggest

Were playing Geelong next.. We'll whip them [censored] huh ??? especially at the Cattery....a cinch !!

Would I prefer a win ??ffs yes.. would I put money on it.... for sure...give me all yours !!

Guest hangon007

My barb was thrust towards those who inanely refuse to see things for what they are and have the termity or stupidity to lambast anyone who calls a spade a spade etc

I thought we were 5-6 less a team on most days...add in the previous weeks draining and theres another 3-4

Could we beat any team on a day ? Possible !! Likely.?? Well not any team id suggest

Were playing Geelong next.. We'll whip them [censored] huh ??? especially at the Cattery....a cinch !!

Would I prefer a win ??ffs yes.. would I put money on it.... for sure...give me all yours !!

Call me what you want ... whatever makes you feel better. Sure say what you want ... whatever makes you feel better.

If you get my drift.

Edited by hangon007

The 5 goal head start was never going to help, was only a 4 goal win after that if you are looking at it that way.