CHARACTER THE KEY?

Demonland

Have to suspect Liam will be the sub given this quote on last week by Mark Williams "He fumbled and bumbled his way through the game,... ". Could be the rocket he needs?

Jurrah - needs to find form, either full game in seniors, or at Casey.

I think Casey have a bye, Liam the sub for mine ...

Agree on Bartram being an out. Burnt any credits he had and crucified us last week with his disposal and indecision, no one should get a free ride. The cause of my blood pressure last week. Morton can stamp himself lucky and Jurrah will need to apply himself and get involved.

Good ins and looking forward to the game. Now it's all about attitude and application. Two integral components of character.

That's a pretty good team. If Jamar does play, I would confidently pick Melbourne by around 40 points.

I'm surprised the Footy Dept. had the guts to drop Bartram. Despite his poor disposal, I though he had a few more credits with the coaches than that.

They're definately pushing the future baest 22. The writings on the wall for our more mature players, improve your weakness's, or your out.

I like what they've done here, expecting Jurrah to be replaced forward by Petterd with Maybe Bate coming in.

I like the way their using the interchange as a warning to players to beware the near the edge of the team. I hope they're showing Bater another chance before Blease. Blease will get his chance but I feel that he's still Not got his timing right, with his run & carry and when to give the footy.

Ballsy, was never really a fan of Bartram, but his hardness in a butter team won me over the last year or so. It was only going to be a matter of time before one of his stupid kicks in the backline cost us a game though, so I'll be relaxed knowing Richmond won't be able to just leave Bartram free to turn it over.

I'd like the footy dpt to show Strauss and Morton a video of how Bartram tackles and runs in straight lines though.

Gysberts + Jamar = more clearance power. Midfield wins it. We only have to break even in the middle to win, their defence concedes far too many shots on goal.

I wonder if the arrival of Dan Nicholson has put pressure on Bartram. Reckon they're contending for the same position; it'll be interesting to see what role Nicholson plays on Saturday.

I am really surprised at the love for the tigers in this game. A closer look at their form line over the last month will show a terrible loss to Port, followed by a bye. They then went to Sydney and should have lost by 50 had the Swans have kicked straight. They then go to the Gabba, and blow the Lions out in the last 10 minutes of a game in which the Lions lost Clark for most of the game and Banfield late. Not a great month by my reckoning.

Yes we have been spanked twice in our last month, but they were to probably the 2 best teams in the comp at the moment, and we have been undermanned, or had players just getting back after long layoffs.

I am expecting a 5-7 goal win.

Bloody good side, considering Davey, Grimes, Bail, Tapscott, Jetta and Ozzie could all be in there if available.... bAte, Dunn, Blease, Gawn, Evans cant even get a look in

Moloney to enjoy the Russian weather

Jack Watts to have a personal best for about the 8th week in a row

Scully 85 possessions

Dees to win next 3 and be on 8.5 wins 6.5 losses, in 6th place

Edited by Curry & Beer

Bloody good side, considering Davey, Grimes, Bail, Tapscott, Jetta and Ozzie could all be in there if available.... bAte, Dunn, Blease, Gawn, Evans cant even get a look in

Moloney to enjoy the Russian weather

Jack Watts to have a personal best for about the 8th week in a row

Scully 85 possessions

Dees to win next 3 and be on 8.5 wins 6.5 losses, in 6th place

Who are you and what have you done with Stakka?

Agree Nasher, Bartram has been good, I thought it'd take good players to dislodge him, Tappy and Nicho might just be those players.

Who are you and what have you done with Stakka?

Agree Nasher, Bartram has been good, I thought it'd take good players to dislodge him, Tappy and Nicho might just be those players.

hey mate, i have been a font of positivity all year! maybe a few down moments but largely backing everything thats going on. We look set to finish around 9th for mine which means everything is going according to plan. Dean looks good, what loooks even better is that we have had 5 or 6 players emerge from nowhere this year and a bright future approaching

ps im drunk

Btw, they did threaten in the last quarter in Sydney.

No they didn't. Watch it again, the Commentators talked them up to spark up a hard wet slog.

The Tigers were ok, but the swannettes were always in control during that 4th Q.

Our Forward Line SHOULD smash that Tiger Defence...i say Should only if we are in the right frame of mind.

Im tipping the russian on the bench.

It means Steph can tear the park up and give it all in the 1st half.

Jamar may only have the fitness to last from 15 minutes into the 3rd qtr. Or if we need him forward it gives us a further option for an earlier start.

Richmond will be on edge watching him prowl the bench knowing the big russian will be gagging for it after half time.

Richmond vs Melbourne Round 14, 2011 - Experience Stats

Total games played by Team

Tigers - 1,287

Demons – 1,356

Average games played per player

Tigers - 59

Demons - 62

Average games played by category

0-49

Tigers - 26 / 12 (average games/number of players)

Demons - 23 / 13

50-99

Tigers - 74 / 6

Demons - 64 / 2

100+

Tigers – 142 / 4

Demons - 127 / 7

Stats courtesy of footywire.com

Edited by Rusty Nails

Im tipping the russian on the bench.

It means Steph can tear the park up and give it all in the 1st half.

Jamar may only have the fitness to last from 15 minutes into the 3rd qtr. Or if we need him forward it gives us a further option for an earlier start.

Richmond will be on edge watching him prowl the bench knowing the big russian will be gagging for it after half time.

I reckon it's more likely Jamar would be subbed out than subbed in, but we'll see.

Definitely, you can't have a lone ruck for 3 qtrs.

Not to mention they will be wanting to stamp their authority on the game right from the first bounce, so I think they will want that Jamar/Moloney combination up and running early.

Good changes.

Bartram was woeful last week, I don't care how good a job he did on a small forward, he is a total liability with the ball in hand and doesn't deserve to hold his spot based on his negating abilities when he gives goals away via turnovers. I'm more than happy to see him cut and presumably told to work on his disposal, especially given we have Nicholson and Strauss (and Bennell I guess). King being out may have assisted the FD's decision.

Gawn is unlucky, but we can't play all three and he's third of the three. But he's had his taste, and maybe in the future if Martin or Jamar look to play more time as a FF, we know we have a fantastic up and coming ruckman to fill the void.

I'd look to Morton as the sub. No point playing Jurrah if you're going to use him as a sub: he either plays the whole game from start to finish or he doesn't play at all.

Guest Artie Bucco

Agree.

No point Bartram shutting down a player and winning the football, only to turn it over and see it come back quicker with his teammates all out of position.

No they didn't. Watch it again, the Commentators talked them up to spark up a hard wet slog.

The Tigers were ok, but the swannettes were always in control during that 4th Q.

Ha ! I watched that game. I said the Tigers threatened in the last. Read this from the AFL report:

FOURTH QUARTER

For the second time Martin kicked the first goal of the term for the Tigers to bring the scores level. With the momentum swinging towards his team, Martin had an opportunity to really hurt the Swans moments later but pulled his kick to give the Tigers a one-point lead for the first time since the opening minute of the match. A touch of Kieren Jack magic was the spark the Swans needed as he broke through a tackle to set up O'Keefe for his first goal. What followed were two goals in as many minutes to Josh Kennedy and then Reid as the momentum moved back in the Swans' favour. Lewis Jetta later kicked a goal to put the game almost out of reach for the Tigers halfway through the term. A late surge saw the Tigers get to within two goals before the Swans steadied for a hard-fought 10-point victory.

Sydney Swans 3.8 5.14 5.19 9.21 (75)

Richmond .......2.3 4.7 6.7 9.11 (65)

Snap.

You're a beauty WYL. :lol:

"swannettes were always in control during that 4th Q."

Yeah right. The tigers drew level and then were in front in the last....clearly the swans were in control then too.

Ha ! I watched that game. I said the Tigers threatened in the last. Read this from the AFL report:

Snap.

You're a beauty WYL. :lol:

"swannettes were always in control during that 4th Q."

Yeah right. The tigers drew level and then were in front in the last....clearly the swans were in control then too.

You've gotta' love Purple coloured glasses, Red & Blue!!!