Tom Scully

Rogue

I don't understand why you've been given so much crap for reporting what you heard, although I think your first post was quite misleading.

Either way, I think everyone at GWS have vested interest in getting Scully and lying about securing his services. As far as sources are concerned, they're up there with Scully's dog walker.

That's exactly why he was given "crap"... his first two posts contradicted each other in terms of who he claimed to have spoken to. And even now there is reason for doubt as in the first post he states that he DID speak to Sheedy, yet in his most recent post he states that he definitely DID NOT speak to Sheedy. So, I for one, am taking this hearsay with a sack full of salt.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why you've been given so much crap for reporting what you heard, although I think your first post was quite misleading.

Either way, I think everyone at GWS have vested interest in getting Scully and lying about securing his services. As far as sources are concerned, they're up there with Scully's dog walker.

This Venture is going to fail, get ready for the Great Southern Sharks when the AFL is forced to cut its loses and move this team to Tasmania, I will give them 8 years in Sydney, then down to Tassie. They might be the first interstate club to sell home games to WA and SA, this will be there only chance to get decent crowds at games.

Guest Thomo

That's exactly why he was given "crap"... his first two posts contradicted each other in terms of who he claimed to have spoken to. And even now there is reason for doubt as in the first post he states that he DID speak to Sheedy, yet in his most recent post he states that he definitely DID NOT speak to Sheedy. So, I for one, am taking this hearsay with a sack full of salt.

Agree. If his first post had of been "I went to a GWS function, didn't talk to anytone important, my mates think Scully is gone, and great news, Dipper signed my Hat', then it would have been ok.

Agree. If his first post had of been "I went to a GWS function, didn't talk to anytone important, my mates think Scully is gone, and great news, Dipper signed my Hat', then it would have been ok.

That is why rumours of any kind should be ignored.

Context, motives, tone, credibility cannot be assessed.

Fine, but can we now move past it, given the fact it has been clarified now.

Nothing?

Edit: Massive facepalm, it was on the previous page.....Please feel free to delete this and my other post Mods.

Edited by Samsara

And that's why I went to the effort of correcting the (potentially) misleading part of my first post. What I have written above is a boringly accurate statement of what occurred on the night. It is my belief, reasonably founded, that the CEO made these remarks to my friends in the context of the GWS Coterie. I have specifically stated that I don't know whether those remarks are factually correct, just that they were made.

If I had been sufficiently petty, I could have asked him to make those comments directly to me so as to appease some people on Demonland who, whilst I suspect don't actually know the probative value of hearsay in an evidential sense, would seemingly feel that this 'rumour' may be more worthy of being posted. That said, in good faith I posted it thinking it might be interesting to some of you. Clearly it is not interesting to some of you - my apologies. Not everything I read on this site is particularly interesting/immpressive to me either, but I avoid becoming hostile towards other posters (as laughably easy as that would be) - perhaps because I'd like to think we all share the same common goal.

And just to give you the heads up on hearsay and rumours - virtually everything that is posted on this site is, in some way or another, hearsay. If we could only post concluded facts on this site, there probably wouldn't be a forum at all.

I have also heard a similar 'rumour' from two other sources, but because of the exacting reporting requirements clearly demanded here (ironic really given the quality of much of the writing), I will refrain from posting any more hearsay on the topic.

As an aside, like all of you, I want Scully to play 350 games for this club.

I have also heard a similar 'rumour' from two other sources, but because of the exacting reporting requirements clearly demanded here (ironic really given the quality of much of the writing), I will refrain from posting any more hearsay on the topic.

When you consider how much misinformation, hearsay and inuendo has been spouted in the various forums in relation to Scully and the volatility of the subject matter, is it any wonder that some of us apply "exacting reporting requirements"?

I for one, am willing to take Scully at his word (what he said has been quoted numerous times already) - he will sign a contract (for whoever) when he is ready. How many of us would sign an extension with our employer when we still have six months to run on our current contract and why should he be any different in that regard? And if I were to be looking to improve my circumstances at my current place of employment, I certainly wouldn't be signalling my intent to stay until I knew exactly what was going to be put on the table.

Guest Thomo

And that's why I went to the effort of correcting the (potentially) misleading part of my first post. What I have written above is a boringly accurate statement of what occurred on the night. It is my belief, reasonably founded, that the CEO made these remarks to my friends in the context of the GWS Coterie. I have specifically stated that I don't know whether those remarks are factually correct, just that they were made.

If I had been sufficiently petty, I could have asked him to make those comments directly to me so as to appease some people on Demonland who, whilst I suspect don't actually know the probative value of hearsay in an evidential sense, would seemingly feel that this 'rumour' may be more worthy of being posted. That said, in good faith I posted it thinking it might be interesting to some of you. Clearly it is not interesting to some of you - my apologies. Not everything I read on this site is particularly interesting/immpressive to me either, but I avoid becoming hostile towards other posters (as laughably easy as that would be) - perhaps because I'd like to think we all share the same common goal.

And just to give you the heads up on hearsay and rumours - virtually everything that is posted on this site is, in some way or another, hearsay. If we could only post concluded facts on this site, there probably wouldn't be a forum at all.

Try and spin it any way you like to cover yourself, but in your first post you said that Sheedy and the CEO of GWS told you that they are confident that Scully will go to GWS. You later said that you did not even speak to them. To fabricate a conversation with Kevin Sheedy and the CEO about the future of Tom Scully when it didn’t happen is a straight out lie. I don’t think that people that make up things like this should be allowed to post.

Ron,

I appreciate your info and think you both held back on getting vitriolic and cleared it up for most readers. cheers

I have to agree with you! I enjoy reading Demonland to hear some of the 'sources' people have.. granted a lot of them probably are B.S.. but i dont see why people crack it at them for bringing something to the table that might be true! just because the rumours arent always what we want to hear.. doesnt mean we have to blast fellow melbourne supporters! we are all on the same side.. we all go for the dees.. and we all want scully to stay! I want to trust scully and from what I have seen he seems like a fairly honest guy!

please dont hold back posting rumours.. it makes the thread interesting!!

Try and spin it any way you like to cover yourself, but in your first post you said that Sheedy and the CEO of GWS told you that they are confident that Scully will go to GWS. You later said that you did not even speak to them. To fabricate a conversation with Kevin Sheedy and the CEO about the future of Tom Scully when it didn’t happen is a straight out lie. I don’t think that people that make up things like this should be allowed to post.

and what if he is telling the truth??

then you are banning a fellow Melbourne supporter because he decided to share something with the rest of us.. great culture here guys

and what if he is telling the truth??

then you are banning a fellow Melbourne supporter because he decided to share something with the rest of us.. great culture here guys

I think you will find there wouldn't have been a problem if "anchor" had said that a foundation member has said those things at the lunch but I too read the post and gulped as it was clearly insinuated that Sheedy, the CEO and Dipper (it should have rung alarm bells when his named was mentioned !) had said those things to the lunch.

I think you will find there wouldn't have been a problem if "anchor" had said that a foundation member has said those things at the lunch but I too read the post and gulped as it was clearly insinuated that Sheedy, the CEO and Dipper (it should have rung alarm bells when his named was mentioned !) had said those things to the lunch.

Dipper having an inside word is definitely funny haha

Guest Artie Bucco

Funnily enough, I'm actually fortunate enough to know Dipper, and when I asked him if he knew anything about Scully going to GWS, he said he'd heard lots of different things, but in the end didn't have the foggiest.

Ron's first post was sloppy but he quickly moved to clarify when questioned and has been very explicit now about what happened and hasn't avoided scrutiny. I actually got something out of his post - so thanks.

Guest watts04

i think eddie, GWS have vested interest in tom going to GWS so lets not believe much there

Schwartz was a concern but counter this against Tom being a loyal bloke and the only thing he has said has been positive

and we are back to zero again.....well 12 pages of zero

he will stay for mine. GWS of course are gona say he is gone up there, gonna help get other players up there, thats why

i think eddie, GWS have vested interest in tom going to GWS so lets not believe much there

Schwartz was a concern but counter this against Tom being a loyal bloke and the only thing he has said has been positive

and we are back to zero again.....well 12 pages of zero

he will stay for mine. GWS of course are gona say he is gone up there, gonna help get other players up there, thats why

They asked shwarta on Sunday Channel 7 if he wanted to say any more about Scully and he replied, "nuh", and they moved on. I think I have already said this but feel like repeating it.

Lighten up bruiser. He's clarified it, let's move on to the next "I spoke to My girlfriend's ex's third cousin who spoke to Tom Hafey's wife who knows some people who live in the same suburb as Tom's parents and they heard at the local RSL from Bert Newton that Tom was a noble and likable chap" story. Hell even I've added one to the mix which if I had my time again I would have left out. Not because what I was told isn't from a good source but in the end it's just someone talking and conveying their opinion as fact. I've decided not to post anymore on this topic until we here it from the club and Tom. It has been a guilty pleasure!

Lighten up bruiser. He's clarified it, let's move on to the next "I spoke to My girlfriend's ex's third cousin who spoke to Tom Hafey's wife who knows some people who live in the same suburb as Tom's parents and they heard at the local RSL from Bert Newton that Tom was a noble and likable chap" story. Hell even I've added one to the mix which if I had my time again I would have left out. Not because what I was told isn't from a good source but in the end it's just someone talking and conveying their opinion as fact. I've decided not to post anymore on this topic until we here it from the club and Tom. It has been a guilty pleasure!

Ive said that a few times too

But everytime I try to get out...........they pull me back in again