Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Tom Scully

Rogue

I'm resolved to just enjoy the marvelous footy Scully and these other kids will play for the rest of this year, as I have enjoyed it to date.

I'm not going to spoil the rest of my year with speculation or worry. Life's too short, and footy goes on!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hangon007

I have advocated that Tom is gone and I must say I change my mind nearly every second day but I read the following article from today and oh how it warmed my heart.

Jordan Gysberts key to Melbourne's engine room

Yes ... it was a great positive read. I enjoyed reading it and eating my cornflakes.

Anyway ... I'm off to watch the game.

Go Dees

Ps I wondered by Tom standing on the right hand side of the photo was a signal .... Just to clarify. I'm only joking regarding the "signal" by the way. :)

Edited by hangon007

The only one who has engineered & outlined a way for Scully to get to Richmond was not me. Again you read but you dont listen.

You wriggle like a worm on a hook ...

You aren't the best exponent of plain speaking.

You seem to be backing away from your assertion that the number 1 threat is Richmond. Despite the fact that you posted last November:

Personally, I would be more concerned about the Tigers. Or the possibility the GWS could doing a deal with the Tigers. Sheedy has already come out and said something along the lines of "we will actively assist clubs get what they want, if they help us get what we want"

However, question for me is will have the Tigers have the room in their salary cap to get the job done?

Dont forget the Tigers already have a "top 20" draft pick in the bank for this very type of scenario! Rumours, already are strong that Scully is their target.

What is your reason for thinking that Tom might go to Richmond?

It's not money ...

"only cynics have blasted Tom as having money as his motivating factor" - I 100% agree with this.

Well it's not because he barracked for Richmond:

I've said it before and I will say it again. Tigers dont give a [censored] who the player barracks for!!!

It's not Richmond's enviable culture of success over the past 30 years:

Please tell me where I said either of those things. I'm tipping you cant.

Now now dont try to put words in my mouth.

Apparently the reason is all around us but only you can see it ...

Rarely is there 1 single reason ... its normally a combination of reasons.

However, 1 of the very reasons is all around you in this forum. Now please thats not a criticism of the forum owners who believe in the value of free speech.

not necessarily exclusively on the topic of Tom Scully.

Very important

Perhaps you're referring to the criticism of Dean Bailey who Tom has said is doing a good job.

Perhaps like me you think that people believing that he has signed with GWS, demanding ultimatums and writing him off are the most damaging factor.

But who knows - you're unable to actually say what you think. So mysterious but so knowing - Marlene Dietrich has nothing on you.

===

Now how would he get to Richmond according to you?

thru the trade or draft table

No [censored] sherlock!

What .... just like Luke Ball lost control. Be careful, it was St Kilda that lost control and got a big fat nothing for him. You cant seriously suggest if all else fails we would let a number 1 draft pick walk for nothing!!!!

So according to you MFC would trade with Richmond because Tom would blackmail us by threatening to go into the draft, where like Luke Ball, all clubs except Richmond would pass on the opportunity to draft him.

===

I am very patient - if you read my posts on the subject I've said all along that I believe what Tom says and I respect his right to make a decision at the end of the season and I think that supporting him is the best way to encourage him to make the right decision.

Edited by old55

For what its worth....A guy just rang through BT on radio talkback saying he played footy with Tom Scullys dad. He then added he would like to bet anything that Tom will stay at Melbourne and be a 300 game player.

schwabb on triple m at some stage before the game, will no doubtly get asked the question, and will give the same old response id say

Spoke well, and was very confident that Tom would stay. Basically summed up what the sane people on this thread have been saying. Any suggestions that Tom has signed elsewhere, is tantamount to an accusation that he is lying. Stated that there is much going on behind the scenes that the public and media aren't aware of.

You wriggle like a worm on a hook ...

You aren't the best exponent of plain speaking.

You seem to be backing away from your assertion that the number 1 threat is Richmond. Despite the fact that you posted last November:

What is your reason for thinking that Tom might go to Richmond?

It's not money ...

Well it's not because he barracked for Richmond:

It's not Richmond's enviable culture of success over the past 30 years:

Apparently the reason is all around us but only you can see it ...

Perhaps you're referring to the criticism of Dean Bailey who Tom has said is doing a good job.

Perhaps like me you think that people believing that he has signed with GWS, demanding ultimatums and writing him off are the most damaging factor.

But who knows - you're unable to actually say what you think. So mysterious but so knowing - Marlene Dietrich has nothing on you.

===

Now how would he get to Richmond according to you?

No [censored] sherlock!

So according to you MFC would trade with Richmond because Tom would blackmail us by threatening to go into the draft, where like Luke Ball, all clubs except Richmond would pass on the opportunity to draft him.

===

I am very patient - if you read my posts on the subject I've said all along that I believe what Tom says and I respect his right to make a decision at the end of the season and I think that supporting him is the best way to encourage him to make the right decision.

Spot on mate... its bloody hard cos we all want him to stay but that is the best way for mfc to go about it. and for what its worth im confident he isnt going anywhere.

Spoke well, and was very confident that Tom would stay. Basically summed up what the sane people on this thread have been saying. Any suggestions that Tom has signed elsewhere, is tantamount to an accusation that he is lying. Stated that there is much going on behind the scenes that the public and media aren't aware of.

Here Scully no liar: Schwab is an article on said MMM conversation. This sums up my views perfectly, and frankly, also the views of any right thinking person. The kid has done nothing to deserve people questioning his integrity.

Guest Thomo

I thought his disposal was poor again today. So many of his handballs are either at players knees, or slightly behind the receiver, causing players to break stride and lose momentum. He's good, and gets a heap of the ball, but unless he can sort this out he is behind Trengrove, McKenzie and Gysberts as young midfielders that I want to keep at Melbourne.

I thought his disposal was poor again today. So many of his handballs are either at players knees, or slightly behind the receiver, causing players to break stride and lose momentum. He's good, and gets a heap of the ball, but unless he can sort this out he is behind Trengrove, McKenzie and Gysberts as young midfielders that I want to keep at Melbourne.

Agreed Thomo. I not sure about their eligibility GWS wise ( I know Watts and Trenners are safe), but I would feel worse about losing any of the three you mentioned plus Watts. That said, I've no doubt he will be a gun, but atm he is a little behind the 8 ball.

Agreed.

Freak says he has a good kicking action but I disagree. He doesn't guide the ball to his foot enough and anything over 30 metres he tends to float.

Guest Thomo

Agreed Thomo. I not sure about their eligibility GWS wise ( I know Watts and Trenners are safe), but I would feel worse about losing any of the three you mentioned plus Watts. That said, I've no doubt he will be a gun, but atm he is a little behind the 8 ball.

I think Trengove can be taken next year, they have a two year period to take players, and he signed for three years when drafted. I'd love to keep both, but if I had to choose one it would be Trengove.

His kicking does battle a bit over the 40-50m range. He probably needs to stick to his limitations a bit more, similar to someone like Simon Black who has little to no penetration but is reliable over shorter distances.

I think his handballing is very good though.

Don't underestimate his last Quarter disposals...while everybody around him was cramping, Tom kept running hard.

Without his last Q, Richmond might have got us...Tom's kicking will improve i have no doubt.

His Gut Running and tank are well on track to being elite.

I think Trengove can be taken next year, they have a two year period to take players, and he signed for three years when drafted. I'd love to keep both, but if I had to choose one it would be Trengove.

Didn't he sign for 2 years originally, and then extend for 2 last year? That is what I though anyway, was sure I read about it in the media saying that he had signed out of range from GWS. I may well be wrong, but if I am, I have absolutely no worry about him leaving anyway.

Lot of them are up next year. Watts too IIRC.

Big thing with Trenners is Tappy though. Means his whole journey to MFC has been that much better. Best mates playing footy together, the families are great friends, etc. I reckon Scully this year is an easier target.

Did listen to MMM today and was interested to listen what Cam S had to say on Scully. it was interesting how he describe the situation, saying that

"I think they're saying that Tom's lying and I think that's disappointing because Tom's a terrific young fella,"

"The only thing that we will do in talking about this is look to protect the reputation of a terrific young guy

"He'll sit down and, in our view true to his word, talk about his contract at the appropriate time."

to me it seems that this might have a little 2nd meaning to it.. as if hes trying to make tom feel guilty if he has talked to GWS.. and that if he does leave he will be a Liar with a bad reputation

thought?

Guest milpod

His kicking does battle a bit over the 40-50m range. He probably needs to stick to his limitations a bit more, similar to someone like Simon Black who has little to no penetration but is reliable over shorter distances.

I think his handballing is very good though.

Was today an example of his handball?I personally would rather upwards of 4 of his team mates with the pill,for correct disposal.Just sayin'

Number 2 draft pick from same year comes to mind.This is who we should make sure stays a MFC player for life.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic
thought?

Yep. I think Cam said this:

"I think they're saying that Tom's lying and I think that's disappointing because Tom's a terrific young fella,"

"The only thing that we will do in talking about this is look to protect the reputation of a terrific young guy

"He'll sit down and, in our view true to his word, talk about his contract at the appropriate time."

Did listen to MMM today and was interested to listen what Cam S had to say on Scully. it was interesting how he describe the situation, saying that

to me it seems that this might have a little 2nd meaning to it.. as if hes trying to make tom feel guilty if he has talked to GWS.. and that if he does leave he will be a Liar with a bad reputation

thought?

Care to say those words to Cam Schwabb's face???

Easy to say via a keyboard. That above post really sucks mate.....Poor Form.

Lot of them are up next year. Watts too IIRC.

Big thing with Trenners is Tappy though. Means his whole journey to MFC has been that much better. Best mates playing footy together, the families are great friends, etc. I reckon Scully this year is an easier target.

I have said this elsewhere but Watts has signed to 2013, so he is safe.

Care to say those words to Cam Schwabb's face???

Easy to say via a keyboard. That above post really sucks mate.....Poor Form.

I think they're doing the complete opposite to Geelong (mainly Thomson) which is a good thing.

thought?

It is a reasonable line of response. The united front concept is good. The best news of all is Melbourne's form and Scully's role in the melbourne machine. Why would Scully want to go to what is effectively the AFL's own private team which may well take years to get respectability. Even with heaps of draft picks there is no certainty gws will gain traction.

I think they're doing the complete opposite to Geelong (mainly Thomson) which is a good thing.

Essendung can live in their own stench....If our CEO did not believe Tom, he would surely not be saying the above in round 14....there would be no point.

We haven't yet signed Tom, but i do believe we are still well in the running too.

I thought todays article in the Age interesting about the Bulldog Callum.??? who has confirmed that he has had two interviews with GWS. That they have made an offer to him but there is a time clause on it.

I am wondering if an offer has been made for the big bucks surely this must dilute what they have to give Tom. Secondly if they had made an offer to Tom why haven't they given him the same time limit. I am feeling quietly confident after today that he will remain a Demon. I sensed an urgency about him today in the first quarter. It just seemed a different attack on the ball as if to say I am better than Martin. Also after the game Tom went up to Martin to shake his hand and Martin more or less brushed him off so much that Tom took a second look at him after he had passed. I hate having to feel that I have to watch Tom's every move but like everyone else any sign will do. Also when Greeny had them in the huddle after the game the camera again focused on Tom but he quickly moved within the circle. That same uncomfortableness that I witnessed after last weeks game. With my weetbix diploma of psychology I am nearing jumping off the fence (it was getting uncomfortable anyway) and declaring he will stay. By taking a lesser amount from the Club he will also not jeopardise losing any of his mates to GWS thereby lessening any chance he will have of winning a premiership. When will this end.