Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

'Scully talks'

Samsara

Many are supposing that its all well and good.. Lets wait until the salary pool is known etc etc etc. Thats an excuse.

He could wel land trully sit down today and sign with the club and sign a letter of intent with view to a new contract with clauses allowing reference to some fluctuation vis-a-vis the so called salary pool dispersals etc.

Basically it would say.. Im wanting to remain a Dee and we can work out the 'absolutte figure" later on. Its done in many fields. Its done by honourable folk who respect each others positions.

That thats not happening suggests theres more than a little smoke !!

He pays a manager to do this for him. His manager says wait and see so he does...Relax, he's not going anywhere.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He pays a manager to do this for him. His manager says wait and see so he does...Relax, he's not going anywhere.

So do ,strangely enough all other players ( have managers).. But they havent taken this road.. so I dont buy it.

Managers are there at the bequest of players...not the other way around. Tail..dog..etc

Many here will have differing opinions and as such until the situaton is closed one way or another its ripe for speculation.

Could be ended very easily. Others at other teams have sought to do so.

He is all said and done an employee of the MFC.. The MFC has sought clarification of an assett. It ( he ) refuses this request. I dont think thats good enough really.

Still, time will tell.

So do ,strangely enough all other players ( have managers).. But they havent taken this road.. so I dont buy it.

Managers are there at the bequest of players...not the other way around. Tail..dog..etc

Many here will have differing opinions and as such until the situaton is closed one way or another its ripe for speculation.

He is all said and done an employee of the MFC.. The MFC has sought clarification of an assett. It ( he ) refuses this request. I dont think thats good enough really.

Still, time will tell.

If you check you'd find there's about 32% of the leagues players coming out of contract at years end.

If you check you'd find there's about 32% of the leagues players coming out of contract at years end.

please...lets not dance here.. We both know were specifically talking of those who have been mentioned in despatches as in GWS's sights.

Not every player is a Tom Scully, yes it sucks but this kid is one that has serious value, many of the players who have signed arnt in the same situation, i doubt many have signed by the start of round 8, let alone round 1 when everyone wanted him to.

Many good players are waiting for the new salary cap etc.. Goddard, Thomas, Pendlebury, Murphy to name a few and all these players have currency and are elite performers

Guest Artie Bucco

please...lets not dance here.. We both know were specifically talking of those who have been mentioned in despatches as in GWS's sights.

But why only them?

They are the only ones the media have latched onto as a juicy story.

It doesn't make it any less a smart business move for those spuriously linked to GWS.

There are so many holes in your argument.

Still, time will tell.

And I say it again. We have no right to ask him to sign a new contract before he is ready to do so. It's not his responsibility to ease the fears of paranoid fans. He is contracted until the end of this season and the club and fans have no reasonable grounds for expecting him to sign a new contract until this one is due to expire. Should he at some point decide to do so, we should take it for the incredibly generous gesture it is and thank him. However I am personally hoping he does wait until the end of the season simply because he has so far refused to buy in to the debate and has told us all that this is when he will deal with it.

And I say it again. We have no right to ask him to sign a new contract before he is ready to do so. It's not his responsibility to ease the fears of paranoid fans. He is contracted until the end of this season and the club and fans have no reasonable grounds for expecting him to sign a new contract until this one is due to expire. Should he at some point decide to do so, we should take it for the incredibly generous gesture it is and thank him. However I am personally hoping he does wait until the end of the season simply because he has so far refused to buy in to the debate and has told us all that this is when he will deal with it.

Has anyone considered that it maybe a good thing to wait until the end of the year given the questions that could be looming with regard to Tom's injury.

It's all been ducking dodging, weaving and face saving stuff from Tom, his management and the club. I firmly believe the rumours are true. He has made some sort of binding agreement with GWS or others perhaps not directly but through proxies and even if he changed his mind he's likely got no "Outs". This is something that the final answer is going to be black or white and I'm not going to sit on the fence just in case I might be wrong.

It's all been ducking dodging, weaving and face saving stuff from Tom, his management and the club. I firmly believe the rumours are true. He has made some sort of binding agreement with GWS or others perhaps not directly but through proxies and even if he changed his mind he's likely got no "Outs". This is something that the final answer is going to be black or white and I'm not going to sit on the fence just in case I might be wrong.

I dare you to call him a liar to his face. Walk up to him at the next open training session and say "Hey Tom, I think you're a liar and have already signed with GWS!" Just see what sort of reaction you get.

I dare you to call him a liar to his face. Walk up to him at the next open training session and say "Hey Tom, I think you're a liar and have already signed with GWS!" Just see what sort of reaction you get.

The truth will reveal itself. They will be no shades of grey left to argue over this matter.

Did i miss the dodging and weavering, the rumor came out and he held a media conference staying hadn't talked to anyone about his contract.

He Actually informed the club In August last year that he would wait until the end of the 2011 season to discuss his contract and as gws can only speak to contracted players between the end of season and the draft means another offer was never the reason for the delay

It's interesting to note that pavlich(a superstar of the comp) has never resigned during the season and everytime he is linked to SA but never returned

Edited by Wolfmother

I dare anybody, to walk up an ask Tom to sign a GWS jumper.

Why do you just pop up on Tom Scully threads.

I have been told by 2 people CLOSE to him that he's too much of a family man and has a very good mate in Blease to go anywhere and that he is just waiting till the CBA to sign for the Dees. Which he should, think about it WHY would he and WHY does he have too...? It would be silly and uneducated to sign now. The more he is hyped up the more Melbourne will have to pay which is a great result for him. In the press he has said as much as the following players and have they signed...? Thomas, Murphy, Pendlebury ect. NO

He's staying

Superbly stated CK - I agree he is going nowhere for the exact reasons you have stated.

Time for The Footy media to turn there attention to Dayne Beams.

Why has he mysteriously not played for the Pies for the past 3 weeks?

Hmmmmmmm

Reading Scullys managements statement http://www.velocitys...asp?PageID=1585 it looks like he's going. Hearing Tom speak it sounds like he's staying. I think the rules shouldn't allow a draft pick to leave that soon, but Stynsey's done a good job of minimising the negative Ablettesque vibe around it. I think it would be fine not to play him if he hasn't resigned because what good does his playing do our rebuilding if he's going next year?

Reading Scullys managements statement http://www.velocitys...asp?PageID=1585 it looks like he's going. Hearing Tom speak it sounds like he's staying. I think the rules shouldn't allow a draft pick to leave that soon, but Stynsey's done a good job of minimising the negative Ablettesque vibe around it. I think it would be fine not to play him if he hasn't resigned because what good does his playing do our rebuilding if he's going next year?

your link is broken

Did i miss the dodging and weavering, the rumor came out and he held a media conference staying hadn't talked to anyone about his contract.

He Actually informed the club In August last year that he would wait until the end of the 2011 season to discuss his contract and as gws can only speak to contracted players between the end of season and the draft means another offer was never the reason for the delay

It's interesting to note that pavlich(a superstar of the comp) has never resigned during the season and everytime he is linked to SA but never returned

You are top of the class!!

1. As a second year player he was not able to earn any more than a standard 2 year deal that is overseen by the AFL

2. The TV rights have now been completed, but the AFLPA wish of 27% revenue from broadcast rights to players is nowhere near done!!

3. At this point in time no AFL club knows how much is in the salary cap beyond 2013!!! (So why sign now)

4. Tom wanted to sign a 3 year deal last year, however his management made the decision to wait as the landscape was about to change & the opportunity was not going to happen EVER AGAIN.

5. He is super fit, raring to go & Look out the second half of the year!!!! Go DEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are top of the class!!

1. As a second year player he was not able to earn any more than a standard 2 year deal that is overseen by the AFL

2. The TV rights have now been completed, but the AFLPA wish of 27% revenue from broadcast rights to players is nowhere near done!!

3. At this point in time no AFL club knows how much is in the salary cap beyond 2013!!! (So why sign now)

4. Tom wanted to sign a 3 year deal last year, however his management made the decision to wait as the landscape was about to change & the opportunity was not going to happen EVER AGAIN.

5. He is super fit, raring to go & Look out the second half of the year!!!! Go DEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breath of fresh air. Thankyou.

Almost 1/3 of the competition falls out of contract at each seasons end and the number quoted is at least 50% of these for this year have not resigned with their club's yet - all are going to GWS - end of story. pfffft. :wacko:

The fixation with one uncontracted player when there are numerous other dee's falling out of contract is mind boggling. And because he wont march to the beat of supporters drums to placate ulcers there is obviously subtefuge and ducks and drakes going on all over the place.

As I stated from day one, he may stay or he may go but i dont smell stink or conspiracy - Tom's management has been upfront since last August about his timeline and has clear and unambiguous with answers to each question asked.

Nothing to see here - take Mylanta and move on

Almost 1/3 of the competition falls out of contract at each seasons end and the number quoted is at least 50% of these for this year have not resigned with their club's yet - all are going to GWS - end of story. pfffft. :wacko:

The fixation with one uncontracted player when there are numerous other dee's falling out of contract is mind boggling. And because he wont march to the beat of supporters drums to placate ulcers there is obviously subtefuge and ducks and drakes going on all over the place.

As I stated from day one, he may stay or he may go but i dont smell stink or conspiracy - Tom's management has been upfront since last August about his timeline and has clear and unambiguous with answers to each question asked.

Nothing to see here - take Mylanta and move on

how many times does it need to be said that not every player is Tom Scully. He is every chance to be the next Judd, the bloke that leads his club to premierships and puts bums on seats. I don't care if Johnny Nobody with no left foot over at Port Adelaide is out of contract also, GWS obviously don't want him as much do they?

Guest Artie Bucco

What relevance does that have?

Because he's a better player, he should sign quicker to keep you relaxed, even though it is not in his best interests???

I just don't understand the thought process here.

Probably because there isn't one.

This is the only sensible Tom Scully scenario i have read...The Broadcast rights are worth SO MUCH, he would have been negligent to sign a contract before then.

Once the players Association have worked out their percentages, a contract will be signed.

Hopefully countersigned J. Stynes.

What relevance does that have?

Because he's a better player, he should sign quicker to keep you relaxed, even though it is not in his best interests???

I just don't understand the thought process here.

Probably because there isn't one.

Are you serious? What relevance does the fact that he is far bigger target than most that are out of contract? You don't understand.. seriously? I won't expect you to actually clarify your point because I know you don't do that

Why don't you just make a template for your posts that says EVERYTHING'S FINE AT MELBOURNE STOP TALKING ABOUT IT

seriously save your nothing 'arguments', people here actually discuss things