Jamar Injured and out for a month

hardtack

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the spirit MM. Big Jimma will regard these setbacks as an important challenge for our players and coaching staff, and I reckon we should all take a leaf out of that book. If we continue to play in the vein of last Sunday the next month has some winnable games.

Well said ! Ok we may not win the majority of the tapouts, so then we shark it, and give the same effort as shown against the crows.

Wow, terrible. I've said he's our most important, because aside from him our ruck stocks are pretty poor.

Terrible timing for Spencer, who presumably would have had a crack at the big time.

We'd want to see Campbell come into the side ASAP, but we might need to go with Martin and Newton for now.

EDIT: North are pretty tall and so are Essendon.

Well, time for Martin to shine.

Jamar, Spencer and I believe Fitzy too has an injury (did I read that right ?) Gawn may get a seniors gig at Casey, good luck to him. It situations like these that test clubs from time to time. And now it's time for Martin & Moloney to synergise.

Carlton are also tall. Or will be with Kreuzer returning soon.

I think this is all Bailey's fault. If he hadnt put grimes into the middle he wouldnt have got injured, if jamar hadn't been playin so much in the ruck then he wouldn't have got injured, if he hadn't made them go harder with their tackling then trengrove wouldn't have been suspended and if he had been playing Spencer in the seniors then he wouldn't have got injured in the twos.

He has to go now, it's all his fault!

:)

I think this is all Bailey's fault. If he hadnt put grimes into the middle he wouldnt have got injured, if jamar hadn't been playin so much in the ruck then he wouldn't have got injured, if he hadn't made them go harder with their tackling then trengrove wouldn't have been suspended and if he had been playing Spencer in the seniors then he wouldn't have got injured in the twos.

He has to go now, it's all his fault!

Sounds right to me

I'm coming around to the majority opinion.

Sorry I've been so slow to see the light .....

Well, time for Martin to shine.

Jamar, Spencer and I believe Fitzy too has an injury (did I read that right ?) Gawn may get a seniors gig at Casey, good luck to him. It situations like these that test clubs from time to time. And now it's time for Martin & Moloney to synergise.

Carlton are also tall. Or will be with Kreuzer returning soon.

Well we could call on both Martin and Newton, bit IMO we need some experience in there. Maybe we bring in Campbell, even if he's not 'matchfit', together with both Martin and Newton. We neeed at least one giant, plus we need that experience.. Yeah, thats the other thing, he's gone for a month. So we have to plan for that timeframe.

Martin or Juice?

or both?

Weird how we lose Jamar/Spencer/Fitzy in the same damn week. Our ruck stocks looked invincible.........realty bites.

Gawn isn't ready. They will call up Campbell before Gawn I would think.

Gawn Not ready. Martin and Newton will come in to cover for Jamar. Martin also as a defensive cover as Roos will go tall.

Agreed. In comes Martin and Newton to try to be flexible ruckman

Guest melbman

The biggest thing I'm disappointed about is that this would've been an absolutely golden opportunity to see what big Jake is made of as first ruck. Not to be.

He looked good to me at Casey 10 or so days ago. Very raw still but was the most dominant ruckman on the ground for my mind. Four weeks in the ones would have done him the world of good

I still can't find any confirmation of this (checked AFL, MFC, newspapers, google etc)

that is strange as this is big news

There doesn't seem to be any confirmation out there as yet Daisy.....

That being said I doubt very much if Sheahan would announce something so important if he didn't have his facts right

This is another challenge. You just lost your AA ruckman who has meagre backup, and two of your best young kids.

The only thing you can take from it is that it opens a window for 3 other blokes.

Time for everyone to respond, again.

Martin or Juice?

or both?

Weird how we lose Jamar/Spencer/Fitzy in the same damn week. Our ruck stocks looked invincible.........realty bites.

Gawn isn't ready. They will call up Campbell before Gawn I would think.

I'd play the 3 of them. Plonk Campbell in the forward pocket, to play deep, with 2 (5 minute) stints a Qtr in the ruck.

Play Martin as the 2nd ruck, can go back if needed. Play Newton from the Goal square roaming the forward half, and going 3rd man up around the place.

Jones in to the Mids to play a role. Bail back to the wing, or to Harvey. Bring in McDonald to the back flank..

we are gawn

If you took out of Collingwood this week(as yard stick) Jolly(jamar), Wood(spencer), Maxwell (grimes),Ball( Mckenzie ), Beams(scully)

Sidebottom)(Trengove (Scully and trengove are not swan, pendelbury class yet) this week vs cats they would struggle their foward structure would be stuffed, playing cloke and dawes as rucks

Edited by Satan

I can't believe it.

We win after playing some great football, in a fantastic response to a terrible performance one week earlier.

Then...

Grimes does his navicular, out for the year.

Trengove cops a ridiculous suspension, out for three.

Spencer does his ACL, which didn't seem so bad, until Jamar did his PCL.

Brilliant.

I can't believe it.

We win after playing some great football, in a fantastic response to a terrible performance one week earlier.

Then...

Grimes does his navicular, out for the year.

Trengove cops a ridiculous suspension, out for three.

Spencer does his ACL, which didn't seem so bad, until Jamar did his PCL.

Brilliant.

I thought our non-existent injury list couldn't last for long :-(

all is not lost if we dont panic and we are smart. I think when you go in with a weaker ruck the pressure can come onto the more dominant ruck if you read their taps. Hawthorn have had weak rucks and historically have been able to combat that by basically following the opposition ruckman. Having Jamar did not help us against them.

Having said that, are we smart enough to rove to the opposition ?

another point, out investment in rucks stocks has not been too bad, with probably Gawn the one we have highest hopes for after Jamar. It's just now the timing is bad, but it was always a distinct possiblity Jamar could get injured and in the very game we did not take a second ruck....hmmmmm.

Stynes in for Jamar!!

Article refers to Martin hurting his ribs. I'd say unless he's ruptured a kidney he'll be in!! I remember Dermy wearing that stupid vest for the Pies when he had same. Ended up ripping it off half way through game i think lol. Anyone got his number? :rolleyes:

Host of the Fox Footy clip referred to JT as Drac! DRACULA Trengove :lol: ... A real Demon of the night! Mwahaha!

Edited by Rusty Nails