BAILEY TO STAY OR GO - VOTE NOW!!

273 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

in a fashion id agree that we have many of the pieces. Some need refinement and dare I say it, developing further; but the design thats currently being used for these peices seems obviously wrong.

Essendon in hindsight were similarly not far off !!

oh there is a lot of work, refinement is the word, but the pieces exist. Similarly you would not have thought Essendon were far off last year.

This list needs Belief & Respect, and a simple game plan....Run for your mates so they have options at the MCG or away from home.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The club would already be looking at all coaching options as Baileys contract is up this year. It would be negligent of them to do otherwise.....but i think any change at any club begins with the supporters. We,ve already had enough and we need to make ourselves heard.

WELCOME DEMONOIDS ~ MAKE YOUR VOTE COUNT!

Welcome rusty, your doing a fine demonic job trying to undermine the current coach... Keep it up mate, and welcome to the dungeon.

It's just a pity your so young on these board.

And yet you converse so well...

There's no chance he'll go straight away, it's just too out of character for the club. I think it's inevitable he'll go eventually this year, look at the next few weeks:

Adelaide (MCG)

North Melbourne (Etihad)

St Kilda (Etihad)

Carlton (MCG)

Essendon (MCG)

Collingwood (MCG)

Fremantle (MCG)

I reckon we'll win next week but after that Baileys on a trail to his end. When we play North there is alot of emphasis on our performance because we're meant to be at a similar stage in our development but they seriously have the wood over us. I can't see us winning that!

Then we have 5 weeks where we pencil in a loss.

With the pressure already on Bailey we lose 5 or 6 in a row and the pressure will be too much, the club won't have an option but to get rid of him.

Viney as caretaker and I will be psyched if we get Roos, the man's a superstar!

Edited by Great_little_footy_team

Can't see the point in doing anything this early. Clubs often have poor patches in a year, and whilst ours is about as poor as you can get, there's still more than enough time for us to turn things around.

If by the second half of the year, though, we're not playing with a decent level of intensity and we don't look like we're improving, then his position will need to be considered. By that I mean he won't see the year out if we don't lift our game.

What planet are you on Have you watched the games?

There's no chance he'll go straight away, it's just too out of character for the club. I think it's inevitable he'll go eventually this year, look at the next few weeks:

Adelaide (MCG)

North Melbourne (Etihad)

St Kilda (Etihad)

Carlton (MCG)

Essendon (MCG)

Collingwood (MCG)

Fremantle (MCG)

I reckon we'll win next week but after that Baileys on a trail to his end. When we play North there is alot of emphasis on our performance because we're meant to be at a similar stage in our development but they seriously have the wood over us. I can't see us winning that!

Then we have 5 weeks where we pencil in a loss.

With the pressure already on Bailey we lose 5 or 6 in a row and the pressure will be too much, the club won't have an option but to get rid of him.

Viney as caretaker and I will be psyched if we get Roos, the man's a superstar!

How many of these games do you realistically think are winnable?At the moment maybe only Collingwood?

Welcome rusty, your doing a fine demonic job trying to undermine the current coach... Keep it up mate, and welcome to the dungeon.

It's just a pity your so young on these board.

And yet you converse so well...

Not quite sure what you're trying to say here Dee but thanks for voting mate...and thanks for the welcome...i think! B)

What planet are you on Have you watched the games?

Earth, and yes.

Seriously, getting rid of him now serves little purpose. If you care to cast your mind back to 2007, Geelong at Round 5 were 2-3, and they were going through a similar crisis. Paul Chapman in the media was getting antsy, getting angry with the players. I don't need to remind people what happened after that.

My point is not that we are going to win basically every game from here. My point is that within a season things can change. Giving Bailey no chance to do that is stupid and reactionary. Giving him more time to prove himself is smart. Culling him before the end of the year if we don't improve, though, is OK.

Pointless Voting either way as its not our decision

Most of us are in agreement that we as a team are still 2 - 3 years away but we can all calm down knowing that at seasons end Bailey will be judged on demonstrated ability

After that insipid performance against the Eagles I find that this is the second time i have questioned Bailey as coach

The first time was the decision to retire James McDonald IMO 1 - 2 years before he should have

Green is not a natural leader and neither are Rivers and Davey and we all know why Moloney wont be

Big fan of Brad Green but suspect the captaincy is causing his form to suffer and he wouldn't be the first good player that has happened to

Grimes, Scully and Trengove were all state captains before they were drafted and i would expect the next captain to come from those 3

Retiring McDonald might be Baileys ultimate mistake that leads to his downfall

We have had some of the most dynamic leaders in football history and it is no coincidence that our season thus far has suffered because we lack on field leadership

The problem for Bailey is he is stuck with what he thought was the right thing for the team

I wouldnt mind a Laidley-Viney combo in the same manner as Thompson-Hird

Nope , Laidley won't cut it .

Matthews-Viney ????????

Nope , Laidley won't cut it .

Matthews-Viney ????????

Laidley won't cut it ?? That's funny . Generally acknowledged as one of the most astute footy minds around. A track record of getting a team to consistently punch above their weight and bleed for the jumper. His game day ability casts Bailey into the shadows ( but then again who doesn't)

Let him see out the year at least. It's not a good thing if the coach and management aren't on the same page, especially with such a young roster.

The excuse of "young roster" is a crock. All of Davey, Green, Jamar, Maloney, Rivers, Bate, Dunne etc have been around long enough to lead the way. Even the next tier of players like Jones, Garland, Bartram, MacDonald, Frawley, have had 3 / 4 years experience in the big time. Just not enough real leadership in our group IMO ...

Coach Games Wins Losses Draws Win %

1 Alastair Clarkson 143 72 70 1 50.3%

2 Brad Scott 27 12 15 0 44.4%

3 Brett Ratten 80 38 41 1 47.5%

4 Chris Scott 5 5 0 0 100.0%

5 Damien Hardwick 28 8 19 1 28.6%

6 Dean Bailey 71 17 52 2 23.9%

7 Guy McKenna 5 1 4 0 20.0%

8 James Hird 6 3 2 1 50.0%

9 John Longmire 5 2 2 1 40.0%

10 John Worsfold 215 109 104 2 50.7%

11 Mark Harvey 80 34 46 0 42.5%

12 Matthew Primus 13 6 7 0 46.2%

13 Michael Voss 51 21 29 1 41.2%

14 Mick Malthouse 576 331 239 6 57.5%

15 Neil Craig 155 90 65 0 58.1%

16 Rodney Eade 300 164 132 4 54.7%

17 Ross Lyon 103 65 34 4 63.1%

Good ol Dean's in illustrious company !! :rolleyes:

Only one blokes got a worse % and he's got the Suns !!!

yeahhh...I'm Excited !!!!!

Edited by belzebub59

Bub, anyone who watched us fall apart under Daniher in 2007 knew that any new coach was going to have a win/loss record that stunk on paper. Anyone who didn't would surely have known once we'd been smashed twice by over 100 twice in a row in 2008. I realise your position is against Bailey but that stat isn't helping your argument. It's just noise.

On the topic at hand I don't know whether the right course of action is to keep Bailey or move on, but either way I don't see what is gained one way or the other by giving him the flick this early in the season other than appeasing the restless masses.

Coach Games Wins Losses Draws Win %

1 Alastair Clarkson 143 72 70 1 50.3%

2 Brad Scott 27 12 15 0 44.4%

3 Brett Ratten 80 38 41 1 47.5%

4 Chris Scott 5 5 0 0 100.0%

5 Damien Hardwick 28 8 19 1 28.6%

6 Dean Bailey 71 17 52 2 23.9%

7 Guy McKenna 5 1 4 0 20.0%

8 James Hird 6 3 2 1 50.0%

9 John Longmire 5 2 2 1 40.0%

10 John Worsfold 215 109 104 2 50.7%

11 Mark Harvey 80 34 46 0 42.5%

12 Matthew Primus 13 6 7 0 46.2%

13 Michael Voss 51 21 29 1 41.2%

14 Mick Malthouse 576 331 239 6 57.5%

15 Neil Craig 155 90 65 0 58.1%

16 Rodney Eade 300 164 132 4 54.7%

17 Ross Lyon 103 65 34 4 63.1%

Good ol Dean's in illustrious company !! :rolleyes:

Only one blokes got a worse % and he's got the Suns !!!

yeahhh...I'm Excited !!!!!

belzebub59 these stats are terrific.

Do you have a job cause you must have plenty of time up your sleeve as this would have taken a while. Well done and keep em coming. Only adds further fuel to the fire.

Alright Nasher...just last two... we'll discount Baileys first 2 seasons , so then we're humming along at 38.2%... just marvee by jingo !!

That would also place him ahead of Hardwick.... lil unfair to Damien I would have thought ??

Nothing would please me more if Bails turned it around. In reality I couldnt care less who either plays for Melbourne or who coaches them. I just want a fair-dinkum effort culminating in premiership success.

I dont want try..I want DO

but atm were not even trying.

Alright Nasher...just last two... we'll discount Baileys first 2 seasons , so then we're humming along at 38.2%... just marvee by jingo !!

that's actually not bad at all is it?

two years after taking on the most pathetic list/club in the comp I think 38% is a fair return. He's had to do everything on a shoestring budget too

the average is 50% you know :mellow:

that's actually not bad at all is it?

two years after taking on the most pathetic list/club in the comp I think 38% is a fair return. He's had to do everything on a shoestring budget too

the average is 50% you know :mellow:

And ifyou want to talk averages I'll take it back to 28.3 ;)

There's a vast distance for Dean to cover to get to 50%, good luck for him and us if he can accomplish that.

care to graph that and deduce the trend ?? probably not huh !!!