Scully Out for Another ... now ... back to Six Weeks

Allen Jakovich

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Pendles & Pickers had an agreement with their club to put off contract negotiations until the end of year, unlike Scully & his management.

That's still on the table as far as we know. Isn't it.

Not sure but I think this whole "wait to see what the CBA will be" line is a bit of a furphy. More likely it's "wait to see just how high the cash is piled in the GWS truck".

With Swan and Pendlebury and most likely Thomas now off the market, that GWS gold will be shimmering ever more brighter to other out of contract players.

So do I.

As usual we see the doomsayers fretting over what may or may not happen. If he doesn't sign after the C'wood players do, he is gone. If he has a long term knee injury, he's being withheld from playing until he signs. And on it goes.

Screw MFCSS, I'm going to offer up a new diagnosis and suggest that due to a lack of spine amongst the supporter group, Sculliosis is rife!

As usual we see the doomsayers fretting over what may or may not happen. If he doesn't sign after the C'wood players do, he is gone. If he has a long term knee injury, he's being withheld from playing until he signs. And on it goes.

Screw MFCSS, I'm going to offer up a new diagnosis and suggest that due to a lack of spine amongst the supporter group, Sculliosis is rife!

the situation is grim

i think at this stage we'd have better luck playing pick-up sticks with our buttcheeks than we will keeping Tom Scully

i actually think there is a fare chance that we can keep him, regardless of how long he deffers his signature.

My reasons are as follows;

Why would GWS want to pay anywhere near the reported sums of cash for a #1 draft pick with 2 years only in the system? Especially if he is yet to sign with them..... they would be paying a massive price for a boke who will have played ~1.5 seasons. Seeing as they are about to get access to a whole range of top picks sureley they'd be betetr served paying for older, more mature, big name players?

If it wasnt for Eddie's radio stunt would anyone actually have any good reasons why a new club would want to add another young player to what will be a very young list? I doubt his name woudl have come up this early in teh season if it wasnt for speculation casued by the outrageous comments of Eddie??

FCS. Even a thread on his injury turns into a hand wringing exercise.

It is non-sensical for him to want to go to GWS. They will be the biggest flop since University. TS will be better set up for life during and AFTER footy he stays in Melbs.

FCS. Even a thread on his injury turns into a hand wringing exercise.

It is non-sensical for him to want to go to GWS. They will be the biggest flop since University. TS will be better set up for life during and AFTER footy he stays in Melbs.

GWS and the Gold Coast for that matter will not be a flop.

Essentially they are both teams of first round draft picks with some ready made proven footballers thrown into the mix. Give them five years each and you'll have 15 or so 23 oldish jets thrown in with some senior players that will be serious serious competition. They'll be the teams were contending with in the future.

The AFL are not dumb, and they wouldn't waste millions of dollars on the teams if they knew it wouldn't work. I bet when Brisbane, Sydney were introduced they were going to be massive flops too, but even without the ridiculous draft concessions they both have won premierships relatively soon since joining the competition.

Success = Followers which equal money, which equals successful football sides.

Scully will go to GWS, along with others, and Scully will be rich. I'd do the same thing, and so would you if it meant a 500,000 dollar raise.

GWS and the Gold Coast for that matter will not be a flop.

Essentially they are both teams of first round draft picks with some ready made proven footballers thrown into the mix. Give them five years each and you'll have 15 or so 23 oldish jets thrown in with some senior players that will be serious serious competition. They'll be the teams were contending with in the future.

The AFL are not dumb, and they wouldn't waste millions of dollars on the teams if they knew it wouldn't work. I bet when Brisbane, Sydney were introduced they were going to be massive flops too, but even without the ridiculous draft concessions they both have won premierships relatively soon since joining the competition.

Success = Followers which equal money, which equals successful football sides.

Scully will go to GWS, along with others, and Scully will be rich. I'd do the same thing, and so would you if it meant a 500,000 dollar raise.

If it is $500 000 more I would be gone in a heart beat.

Remember we picked Scully he had no say in it.

What does he owe the MFC? not 1 red cent.

Edited by old dee

If it is $500 000 more I would be gone in a heart beat.

Remember we picked Scully he had no say in it.

What does he owe the MFC? not 1 red cent.

Yeah, all our kids are just mercenaries...

I know that is not what you are saying but, come on, OD, the kid would have made some bonds, he's in his hometown, he's going to earn millions over his career anyway.

Money is not everything, even sh!tloads of it.

He'll stay.

And I also cannot stop posting on this subject.

i think at this stage we'd have better luck playing pick-up sticks with our buttcheeks than we will keeping Tom Scully

As hilarious as that analogy is (and it is), it's wrong.

Also, I can't stop posting on this subject either.

Could be a good sign....If the club knew he had signed with GWS then he would probably have played this year. If the knee goes, well it ain't our problem.

That the club is being so cautious-I take that as a large positive.

Tom Scully could be a Demon in 2012........

Jordie being out for another 4 is equally as hurtful to the side as Scully being out for 6. All the GWS rumors are about to get some fuel added to the fire.

This is what we know:

Tom has injured his knee, and is out for another 6. That is all!

Leave the "red between the lines" BS out of it.

Look forward to both Jordie and Tom getting a run later in the season.

Could be a good sign....If the club knew he had signed with GWS then he would probably have played this year. If the knee goes, well it ain't our problem.

That the club is being so cautious-I take that as a large positive.

Really, this view is just as outrageous as the opposite view.

The club is managing Tom the way they are because he is injured. There's absolutely no link between this and the GWS stuff whatsoever.

Really, this view is just as outrageous as the opposite view.

The club is managing Tom the way they are because he is injured. There's absolutely no link between this and the GWS stuff whatsoever.

You are probably right, but if nothing has been signed i am sure they are looking after him just that little better. Human Nature.

Scully will stay .

Cool, Pendlebury and Thomas not moving should also help our cause.

I heard Sheeds on the Radio today...he was sounding suprisingly tired. I think that gig is going to be a lot harder than the AFL bargained for.

Based on what? Do you know Tom, or his family, or someone at GWS or MFC who can verify he signed a contract? Or are you just saying 'I know Tom will go 'cos i feel it in my bones'?

So Scully is certain to go heh? So was Swan. And he was probably offered much more to go the GWS than was offered by Collingwood. Why didn't Swan go? because it's not just about the money.

And is that $500,000 gross or net? The marginal tax rate for each dollar above $180,000 is 45%, plus Medicare Levy of 1 1/2%, plus another 1% Medicare surcharge, plus the flood levy of 1%. $500,000 x 48 1/2% = $242,500. The net gain may only be $257,500. That's a big deal if you are only getting $50 - $80,000, but the extra money loses impact if you're on $500,000 or so.

That's actually a lot of people who wouldn't leave the MCG, their friends and family and a club with a good list to go and live and play in Shitsville no matter what short term financial benefit was offered. If Scully's career goes as expected he'll make more staying in Melbourne over the long term than moving to Shitsville.

Scully to GWS... All you idiots who say "ill go for the money", have a good look at all the players that left got GCS, they are either at a [censored] club, won a flag, won a brownlow, or at the end of their career... Scully IS NOT GOING to MOVE, there is way 2 much to give up at the MFC.

Everyone who is rambling on about him moving for money because thats what you would do.. this is what separates a professional from a [censored] bag.. ([censored] bag is YOU)

Stop talking crap about Scully & Watts (relevant), or move your support to across to Collingwood or Carlton.

It's amazing the mindset of an MFC supporter, an article or report about Pendlebury about to sign, and Thomas may be close, and everyone posts as if both are done deals.

There's been nothing regarding Thomas that is any more concrete than what Scully announced weeks ago about his own situation. Yet the fear mongers still worry each day about losing Scully, but take it as gospel that Thomas will sign.

MFCSS in it's purest form.