Port Melbourne v Casey Scorpions

KC from Casey

It's standard practice to pick one of the emergencies to not play ANY footy on the weekend, just in case someone gets sick tomorrow morning, or gets hurt during warmup etc etc... they never play all three emergencies in the VFL.

I'm well aware of that. Is it standard practice to make the most inflexible - in terms of positions that player can fill - your emergency? No, certainly not. However, we've chosen a KPB to act as our emergency.

Juice gets his 6th

:D

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Point to Port on siren and the home side is a trifle lucky to record a 10 point victory.

Casey Scorpions 2.2.14 5.5.35 11.9.75 17.12.114

Port Melbourne 6.3.39 12.5.77 16.6.102 19.10.124

Goals

Casey Scorpions Newton 6 Maric 3 Bate Fieldsend Wall 2 McGough Petterd

Port Melbourne Keely 3 Bentick Cain Galea Valenti 2 Batsanis Dwyer Edwards Fanning Langford Lynch McMahon Rose

Best

Casey Scorpions Maric Newton Wall Jetta Riseley McDonald

Port Melbourne Dwyer Dillon Batsanis Bentick McMahon Fanning

Quarter time scores Casey 2.2 to 6.3. Casey so far given away 3 50m penalties resulting in 2 goals. Kicked into the opposition man about half a dozen times which just about sums up the rabble they are

Warnock here but not playing. Looks fit and ready. We can guess what that means for tomorrow.

Strauss now had three kicks out of defense and missed two targets easily. Two goals resulted.

He must have Grimes disease. Great effort by Newton. Casey will be a force this year. We await KC'S report.

He must have Grimes disease

If I get suspended for this, so be it... but would you please STFU about Grimes?

You are dribbling complete and utter crap about him at every opportunity and it's boring. Move on, you have no idea what you are talking about!

Nice to see Newton actually pressing his case for selection this year, especially by standing up when the team is down.

I still think VFL is his right level, but no doubt we'll see him get his chance to prove me wrong at some point this year.

And on that note, it's time for some drinks.

Nice to see Newton actually pressing his case for selection this year, especially by standing up when the team is down.

He was presenting his case for selection last year (and would have played had he not been injured the game before he was to be prompted).

I cant recall the last time i heard positive comments about Strauss after a game... worrying. Hopefully Blease hits his strides soon and pushes for selection, as Shuey (the player who went between Blease and Strauss in that draft) is starting to show great signs now.

Good work KC, Thanks for the updates

Juice with 6!

looking forward to your report

Well done Juice. Cant see whats his name Bernard Fennola getting a look in here. Probably a good back up for Newton never the less. :rolleyes:

He must have Grimes disease. Great effort by Newton. Casey will be a force this year. We await KC'S report.

Surely the medical staff would be able to treat the Grimes disease.

Given MFC have only lukewarm support for Casey and will pull their players at or before the finals, I doubt whether Casey on its own will trouble many at the business end of the season.

11 goals in two games is a fantastic effort. Given that he's our 'nominated' rookie, this means the club must have some intention of playing him, and I think it'd be pretty hard to ignore this kind of form.

Then again, maybe it might be worth leaving him in the VFL and hold his form until our midfield find some, given the wasteland that our forward line currently is.

Then again, maybe it might be worth leaving him in the VFL and hold his form until our midfield find some, given the wasteland that our forward line currently is.

Good point. Our forwards have the toughest time of any forward line in the entire afl.

Fewest inside 50 in the afl and often pretty terrible disposal going forward

Could the juice be the power forward we are looking for?

I bet he would like to have a go on K Hunt next week......actually i bet most of the Melbourne forward line would like to line up against the kids and mercenaries of the Suns.

Especially that C brown might be out for a few weeks for his sins today

The good thing about Juice is that he's really put the pressure on Watts & Dunn for tomorrow; they are going to have to play well to avoid being dropped & missing a golden opportunity to score heavily & improve their stats against GCS.

Similarly for Maric & Jetta putting similar pressure on Jones. And MacDonald & McDonald on defenders.

Doesn't sound like Petterd or Bate did enough to be considered for the Dees next week.

I'd like to think Juice has improved but I wouldn't put him in against the Suns. He'd rip them one, but so will Dunn and Watts. Newton for a later game where his performance can be measured.

I know what you mean, but on the other side of the coin is that fact that it may give him a somewhat easier entry into AFL level, allowing him to gain some confidence.

Great to hear Maric bounced back strongly. Despite a poor performance and playing as a sub I think he was unlucky to be dropped. I think there is room for him and Wona in the same side and I hope he can get back in. Same goes for Jetta, but I think Jetta needs increased fitness until he'll really cement himself at AFL level.

Sounds like Juice is on fire and Petterd is just a bit off boil but should be back soon.

Joel Macdonald is ticking over nicely ala Warnock.

Let's hope Strauss and Blease can lift soon. I heard Strauss was ok last week, and even this week turned a shocking first half into something we can work with. I want to hear how he's defending is going, I've heard he's stepped it up a notch but is now struggling for confidence to get and use the ball.

Good on Tom McDonald for keeping his form up. I don't expect to see him unless things go wrong this year, but a good first season in the VFL can often mean a player has settled in well and will make it one day.

The good thing about Juice is that he's really put the pressure on Watts & Dunn for tomorrow; they are going to have to play well to avoid being dropped & missing a golden opportunity to score heavily & improve their stats against GCS.

I said as much last week. Next week start JW as the sub or Newton so there's a bit of competition in the game, not just during the week.

Two out of three ain't bad.

Bate was terrible today - couldn't get into it until the middle of the third but showed nothing to suggest he should be promoted. Petterd played with his usual courage but wasn't that effective I didn't think.

I'd like to think Juice has improved but I wouldn't put him in against the Suns. He'd rip them one, but so will Dunn and Watts. Newton for a later game where his performance can be measured. Maric was very good and Jetta really has a go. T. McDonald is miles away and Joel McDonald just turns it over in ordinary situations.

Gawn is also miles away but I liked what I saw. Spencer was good I thought. I want to believe in Strauss but he doesn't make it easy and Blease is just going.

I think the kids are in the Casey team because they are kids. I can't see anyone in that team coming into the seniors and making any sort of impact other than Juice and I'm not putting any faith in that.

That's my whole point, but you missed it. Juice has played well in a game where, if he can get in next week, he has a golden opportunity to cement a place for himself for the next few games. It's up to Watts & Dunn to play well enough to keep him out, or they'll miss their own golden opportunity. Same goes for Maric/Jetta vs Jones. And McDonald, no matter what his deficiencies, is right on the very fringe of the team (it was Frawley that he got dropped for, after all). If Watts & Dunn both don't play well tomorrow, they could easily both be out for Newton & McDonald.

That's exactly what you want - guys who get dropped putting pressure on the guys in the team who need to put in a good performance to stay in.

I said as much last week. Next week start JW as the sub or Newton so there's a bit of competition in the game, not just during the week.

What happens if Watts then takes the game by the scruff of the neck, as per your intention? You're then in the last quarter, you've got a knackered midfield and the opposition has brought on a fresh midfielder, and you've got a tall you don't need ready as the sub.

This is why I've maintained my "midfielder or bust" line since before the season began. Sometimes there might be a need for an extra tall or ruckman, but there'll always be a need for a fresh midfielder. Unless the length of the game suddenly gets cut in half, there'll never be any situation where you won't benefit from fresh running legs.

11 goals in two games is a fantastic effort. Given that he's our 'nominated' rookie, this means the club must have some intention of playing him, and I think it'd be pretty hard to ignore this kind of form.

Ummh, good points Nasher.. any newbie forward Needs decent supply to have a chance.