Vent Your Spleen

gOLLy

It's not the job of a football coach to inspire his players. Did you really just say that Jaded?

If that is the prevailing attitude towards the man in charge of coaxing the best out of our young men, then God help us.

"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their players heads and motivate."

- Vince Lombardi

I am sure Dean Bailey wants to teach and inspire this club. That is not an issue.

Look closely at the Hawthorn Midfield compared to ours last night. There lies your answer to a large degree

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF is all this "Development year" bull. This should be a FORWARD PROGRESS year. Still getting excuses for all the dross thats been served up for the better part of most peoples lifetimes. It took Northey only one season to get back some respectability after decades of misery. Bailey get these guys razzed up or get on your bike. And it's starting to look like the Dons and Tigers might end up better than us this season.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/110838/default.aspx

I just red the player review, i thought we lost??

There wasn't a bad player amongst them?

I think that was a pretty good assessment myself, most players did some good things, but need to do more.

I thought it was very poor form from Hawthorn.

When Brad Green went to Luke Hodge at half time and requested a ¨sit down¨ protest in the second half, he obviously reneged on the deal and we were caught out.

It's the only explanation I can come up with.

I thought it was very poor form from Hawthorn.

When Brad Green went to Luke Hodge at half time and requested a ¨sit down¨ protest in the second half, he obviously reneged on the deal and we were caught out.

It's the only explanation I can come up with.

They couldn't agree on either Earl Grey or English! :lol:

Every year is a development year!! Under Dean Bailey. A development year suggests that we continue to improve, I'd say there hasn't been much development to-date. Interesting to note that Buckley who we axed is comming on better than our talented bunch.

Weren't you one of the one's a couple of years ago that was happy to see the back of Buckley ?

Footballer's look better in winning sides too. They look even better in Premiership teams.

Bailey is only at the beginning of his 4th year.

Look at the list. It should be all you need to do.

You're sick of excuses about being young?? Well too bloody bad, cos there is no magic wand solution.

I saw a team on Friday night who has a second year coach and list 25% worse than ours (based on when they decided to rebuild post Wallace era) who pushed last year's runners-up by pure heart, passion and dare. MFC don't and have never had this under Bailey. The bloke can't coach...full stop!

I saw a team on Friday night who has a second year coach and list 25% worse than ours (based on when they decided to rebuild post Wallace era) who pushed last year's runners-up by pure heart, passion and dare. MFC don't and have never had this under Bailey. The bloke can't coach...full stop!

He coached pretty well last week.

Was a pretty fair effort by Hardwick's team on Friday night. Happy to agree with that and even moreso without JR. The season has only begun however and would want to see where we are at the middle of the season and then again at the end of it before we can begin to judge Hardwick v. Bailey, if you want to go that way. Way to early to call that one.

Brisbane and GC. I want to see OUR imprint on these games. Nothing less than 8 qtrs of what we saw for 20 mins in that 2nd qtr yesterday.

There are no excuses against these two sides.

Spot on .. we now play arguably, 3 of the worst teams in the comp in the next 3 games - anything less than 3 wins is unacceptable ... time to make a stand :blink:

We are missing Jordie Mckenzie and his hard tackling very badly, our team has to keep using our new Weight training room.

If Wonna is fit he maybe a great option to try in the middle next week.

A fit Jesus H C isnt going to help this side until the whole mob get serious and do what other top sides do

Run hard all day Tackle hard beat your apponent do one percenters be firece and uncompromising believe in them selves

Oh and by the way if i see another press conference with the composed Bailey making the same Ya YA i will be sick

no wonder the team looks weak and soft if this is the leadership that is shown

Spot on .. we now play arguably, 3 of the worst teams in the comp in the next 3 games - anything less than 3 wins is unacceptable ... time to make a stand :blink:

So if we run the Lions into some form and are the first club to loose to Gold Coast Suns

Where to from there?

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/110838/default.aspx

I just red the player review, i thought we lost??

There wasn't a bad player amongst them?

publically slaying the blokes would serve no purpose.

Im sure those who need a rocket will get one, but behind closed doors.

I'll start to worry if we loose to a Brisbane side with no Brown, Rischetelli, Brennan etc. But i am not loosing my hair over a bad loss to the Hawks

So if we run the Lions into some form and are the first club to loose to Gold Coast Suns

Where to from there?

People need to be held accountable in their positions - they are (well) paid employees of the club. If that was to happen, it would not be unreasonable to question where we are, where we are going.

And how on earth would you know whether Bailey is inspiring and WTF sort of garbage is that anyway?

He is a football coach not a life coach. He is there to teach and guide the players, not to inspire them.

If you are out on a field in a Melbourne jumper and you aren't inspired to succeed, than you are in the wrong business and you should [censored] off.

It's all such nonsense really, and frankly embarrassing to see the level of wrist slashing that goes on here after every loss.

Next we'll be blaming the runners for giving confusing messages to the players that don't inspire them to play well.

I've been reading this forum for years and it never ceases to amaze me how hysterical our supporters can be.

I have tried to keep away from this for a week (mainly to avoid a knee jerk) but again I cant let this pass.

I agree the level of despair on the site after a loss is unwarranted as a general rule.

This week we saw a display that deserves a rocket. We panicked trying to come out of defence and our leaders did not stand up.

No excuses.

As for Bailey not being there to inspire them frankly that is a load of rubbish. Teach and guide yes. Schoolboy jamboree no.

A coach must inspire. A coach must have a game plan that he demands be delivered on field.

Assistant coaches can teach and guide.

He must demand elite performance and nothing less.

I hate Hawthorn, they have had the wood over us for 30yrs or at least my memory, the mongrels.

When we beat them, we will have arrived.

Agree but after Sunday that seems a very long way off.

People need to be held accountable in their positions - they are (well) paid employees of the club. If that was to happen, it would not be unreasonable to question where we are, where we are going.

You have my vote Weedster, I know it is only one game and the second of the year

However I am beginning to wonder if I have not given a few of our senior players more credit than they deserve.

perhaps I have over rated them.

God forbid but perhaps we are only a bottom six side!

Any thing less than good wins ( I do not win 2 goals ) over the next two weeks will not look good for a few at the Dees!

I'm surprised no one has criticized Jurrah. His was a very, very poor game. Flying from behind might be fun but it doesn't win games. Needs to start in front and learn to take a few hits. It never hurts as much as you think.

Edited by Roost It

I'm surprised no one has criticized Jurrah. His was a very, very poor game. Flying from behind might be fun but it doesn't win games. Needs to start in front and learn to take a few hits. It never hurts as much as you think.

No one wants to admit it, but I think we all know he can be lazy.

Jurrah was hopeless Sunday, and he wasn't great against Sydney. Still young and inexperienced though.

My biggest problem with the game was the lack of forward pressure. The better teams right now put a lot of pressure on the opposition players when the ball is in their F50. With Melbourne, the ball is like a really quick boomerang. In and out of the 50 in a matter or seconds. Our forward 6 need to put the pressure on and keep it in there. Our backline are working too hard when the ball spends 70% of the game in the opposition backline.

I will be going to Melbourne v Brisbane this week. We better put in a significantly better performance compared to Sunday. I understand that Melbourne are young and will lose games against better teams. But I expect some effort from the boys and they need to make other teams earn the win. Rolling over like a little [censored] and letting another team steamroll you is not good enough.

Edited by Samsara

I mentioned this in another thread, thought it was his worst game for the club. And it was good to see Gerard, Mike & Roosy also highlight the same thing on 'On The Couch'. No point trying to take mark of the year every single time the ball comes near you.

Definitley his worst game. Made me angry the way he went about it really.

Yes we weren't getting a lot of forward action but other forwards found ways to get involved in the contest.

Jurrah is SO good that he could have made a real difference if he actually worked hard instead of flying for unrealistic marks.