Bartram, Garland, Macdonald

Grimes, Rivers, Davey

Scully, Sylvia, Trengove

Watts, Green, Petterd

Maric, Jurrah, Jetta

Foll: Jamar, Dunn (tagging Goodes), Moloney

I: Jones, Bennell, Martin

Sub: Bail

If Goodes is in the centre, I put Dunn on him. If he pushes up into the forward line, Grimes should take him while Dunn would head forward and switch places with Jetta.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defenders: Garland, Rivers, Grimes, Bartram, Bail, MacDonald

Midfielders: Jamar, Moloney, Scully, Trengove, Davey, Sylvia

Forwards: Watts, Green, Jurrah, Dunn, Petterd, Maric

Bench: Jetta, Martin, Jones

Sub: Jetta

Without Morton to run with Goodes, I'm not sure who'll do that role. Might be Grimes, but he would be giving away oodles of height/strength. Martin I'd say is too slow.

Martin is one of the fastest players we have!!

If Goodes is in the centre, I put Dunn on him. If he pushes up into the forward line, Grimes should take him while Dunn would head forward and switch places with Jetta.

We'd be robbing ourselves with Dunn on him. We need Dunn fwd. Martin can do it quite well and it wouldn't rob us of anything really.

My Rnd1....pre Frawley return.

Bcks: Bartram, Garland, Rivers

H/Bs: Grimes, Martin, Macdonald

Ctrs: Scully, Moloney, Trengove

H/Fs: Green, Bate, Davey

Frds: Petterd, Jurrah, Maric

Rck: Jamar, Dunn, Sylvia

Bch: Jones, Jetta, Bail, Sub: Newton

After the Bye....

Bcks: Bartram, Frawley, Rivers

H/Bs: Trengove, Garland, Macdonald

Ctrs: Scully, Sylvia, Watts

H/Fs: Petterd, Bate, Davey

Frds: Jurrah, Dunn, Green

Rck: Jamar, Grimes, Moloney

Bch: Jones, Maric, Jetta, Sub: Martin,

I can't recall seeing Martin tagging anyone before, so I can't comment on whether or not he would be suitable for the Goodes role.

Whoever picks up Goodes, the Swans will make them play a large part of the match way outside their comfort zone. If it's Dunn, deep in defence; if it's Garland or Martin, on the ball. They'll be at a disadvantage against him for a large part of the game. This will be the value of Morton in another year or two.

And we could struggle for 2nd & 3rd options if our first option gets smacked. I think I'd prefer Dunn as the first option; if we're on top in the midfield, they'll have to play Goodes on the ball more than they might like to, which would suit us with Dunn. Second option perhaps Grimes. Or how about Green?

If we lose the midfield, we're in big trouble.

Trengove seems to be only 50/50. Could be a big ask with him, Morton and McKenzie missing from the mids, plus Frawley.

That'll be 6 first 22 from last year out (throwing in Bruce/Junior), or to put it another way, we need 6 to step up. Maric, plus probably Petterd and Jetta OK, but not sure about covering the rest of our losses.

Interesting to see Wona, Gysberts, Tapscott and Petterd down to play for Casey and try to earn a spot for round 1. Could yet be a smokey in all this ...

B: Bartram Martin Rivers

HB: Grimes Garland Bail

C: Davey Jones Bennell

HF: Maric Watts Sylvia

F: Jurrah Green Petterd

R: Jamar Moloney Scully

I: Tapscott Jetta Joel Mac

S: Wona

Theories;

- Trengove and Dunn are 50/50 to play. If fit, both come in for Tapscott & Bail

- Rotate Jamar rucks 80%, Martin does the rest, and when Martin is rucking, Joel Mac goes back

- Green probably wont start forward, but I still think he is the most important part of our forward line

- The side for Round 1 will look a lot different to the side of Round 6 (hopefully!). Not having Frawley, Morton, McKenzie, and possibly Dunn and Trengove make it a totally different looking team

- The team above has an average games played of 60 games. A minimum of 2 seasons short of what is considered a premiership team

Trengove will miss because of his lack of match practice, if he is fit I reckon he will be at Casey round 1.

Dunn will play if the hammy pulls up ok.

From yesterday Petterd will play. Wonna and Tappy are chances depending on injuries. Spencer will just depend on how they want to balance the team.

With Scully now out i'll be interested to see how we line up on Sunday afternoon. Connolly assures us via the media that Trengove should be right to go, but with the new sub rule I wouldn't be surprised if he spent a week down at Casey/maybe in the sub role? Touch and go.

B: Bartram Warnock Garland

HB: Grimes Rivers Strauss

C: Bennell Moloney Davey

HF: Green Petterd Dunn

F: Jetta Jurrah Maric

Rucks: Jamar Jones Sylvia

Pine: Watts Tapscott Martin

Green Vest: Bail/Trenners

With Scully now out i'll be interested to see how we line up on Sunday afternoon. Connolly assures us via the media that Trengove should be right to go, but with the new sub rule I wouldn't be surprised if he spent a week down at Casey/maybe in the sub role? Touch and go.

B: Bartram Warnock Garland

HB: Grimes Rivers Strauss

C: Bennell Moloney Davey

HF: Green Petterd Dunn

F: Jetta Jurrah Maric

Rucks: Jamar Jones Sylvia

Pine: Watts Tapscott Martin

Green Vest: Bail/Trenners

Strauss!!! Bold move - give him kick-in duties, though, and we may be laughing. :)

This is my crack at it

B. Bartram, Warnock, MacDonald

HB. Bail, Rivers, Garland

C. Davey, Sylvia, Bennell

HF. Petterd, Watts, Dunn (if fit)

F. Maric, Green, Jurrah

R. Jamar, Moloney, Grimes

Inter. Jones, Jetta, Trengove (if fit)

Sub. Martin

Emerg. Bate, Wonaeamirri, Gysberts

Warnock our best bet at FB in the absence of Frawley.

Martin in reserve if he's getting smashed.

Grimes to midfield to bolster depleted stocks in that area.

Dunn to man Goodes if/when he is part of their mid-field rotation. His HF role to be taken by one of our mids if this eventuates.

Garland to man Goodes if/when he has stints in their fwd. half.

Martin our best sub. option because he is our most versatile tall. Assuming he is not needed elsewhere, he comes on mid 3rd. term to give Jamar decent breaks away from the heat of action.

Bail to HBF to work O'Keefe over, similar to what Bruce did last year.

If Dunn is not fit, include Wanna to maintain forward pressure, and provide an alternate goalkicking option.

If Trengove is unavailable, include Gysberts as an alternate mid.

B: Bartram MacDonald Garland

HB: Rivers Grimes Bennell

Centres: Davey Jones Green

HF: Watts Petterd Dunn

F: Jurrah Maric Howe

R: Jamar Maloney Sylvia

Bench: Bail Trengove Martin Sub:Bate

I think if we take them on in the way that we smashed them last year, then players like Bennell, Maric and Bail will be important, and coul have a big game. Then I have included Howe to give us heaps of forward options which they may struggle with, as I think they are missing some of their better defenders.

It will all be for naught if we cant compete in the middle, so Jones and Maloney must be competetive.

Also would change Trengove for Jetta if Trengove has any doubts.

B: Bartram MacDonald Garland

HB: Rivers Grimes Bennell

Centres: Davey Jones Green

HF: Watts Petterd Dunn

F: Jurrah Maric Howe

R: Jamar Maloney Sylvia

Bench: Bail Trengove Martin Sub:Bate

The average height of your spine would be about 186cm (about 6' in the old money).

Probably the shortest in the last 20 years of AFL footy.

Adam Goodes may be the difference, as he quite often is against us. I don`t think we have a decent match up. From all accounts, he has had a ripper off season.

If Lynden Dunn is fit I would have him tag Goodes where ever he goes on the ground, but if the reports of Dunny`s hamstring tightness are true, Goodes would have a picnic.

I think the Swans will win a tight one.

Guest DeesPower

Goodes will be very influential, but not necessarily critical IMO. last time he

was BOG don't forget and look what happened. Nevertheless it will be critical to close him down and the Swans have been smarting ever since their our last encounter with them. It will be a much much harder game than last time.

Nevertheless, the Goodes matchup will be very important. IMO, in the absence of Morton, I think Martin is the person for this role. He not only matches him for height, but also speed and endurance. Although I'm not a big fan of him usually, he is our best available option. If this doesn't work, then I'd switch Dunne onto him.

It looks as though the swans will opt for a tall lineup, so I would include Spencer in the mix initially. I like the idea on here of having Spencer on the ball and Jamar down forward initially. I think it would put them in disarray to begin with.

The average height of your spine would be about 186cm (about 6' in the old money).

Probably the shortest in the last 20 years of AFL footy.

Dogs was shorter under Wallace.

I'm tipping Sydney to win comfortably. Even if Scully was playing.

Having a look at some of the teams selected on here and looking at what we have left to select from I agree with you.

Martin and Warnock simply aren't good enough, Jones and Beamer are far to slow and I can't see who else we can use to cover extractors and ball winners like Jordie and Scully. We just don't have the manpower at this stage and I think overall we are still a couple of midfielders shy.

In the last draft we did a Daniher and selected spine players I think that may come back and bite us on the bum.

My Rnd1....pre Frawley return.

Bcks: Bartram, Garland, Rivers

H/Bs: Grimes, Martin, Macdonald

Ctrs: Scully, Moloney, Trengove

H/Fs: Green, Bate, Davey

Frds: Petterd, Jurrah, Maric

Rck: Jamar, Dunn, Sylvia

Bch: Jones, Jetta, Bail, Sub: Newton

I think you'll find Newton will be useless to us as a Sub - not because he has a pea heart and can't play football. No that's not it. I think his broken wrist might have more to do with it :)

Edited by jnrmac