THE TOM SCULLY TO GWS THREAD

DirtyDees DDC

Betstar have a market whether he will go to GWS or not - $1.50 Yes $2.60 No

Common the no!!!!!

http://www.betstar.com.au/betting.asp?Sport=Australian+Rules&MatchComp=Comp&EventName=AFL+%2D+Little+Tom+The+Giant%3F

Tim

Maybe Scully could put his Melbourne pay packet on 'No' to make up the difference..

Edited by Dalrot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Common the no!!!!!

http://www.betstar.com.au/betting.asp?Sport=Australian+Rules&MatchComp=Comp&EventName=AFL+%2D+Little+Tom+The+Giant%3F

Tim

geez I don't like that

that's the definition of someone putting their money where their mouth is in reaction to a supposed 'rumour'

I just think if there is the chance that he hasnt signed lets all just get out there and make him feel what its like to be a Demon. Show him the support and applaud his every move and he will know where he should be. If with that and the likes of Jimmy and Cameron in his ear and he goes to GWS so be it. Like Chris Johnston, if he doesnt have the passion to be a demon well its best that he chases the money.Up to that point lets get behind him and convince him that the MCC/G is his home.

Maybe Scully could put his Melbourne pay packet on 'No' to make up the difference..

He could put his six million on yes and make another three and a half :) Whatever he decides he can clean up big without doing much at all.

geez I don't like that

that's the definition of someone putting their money where their mouth is in reaction to a supposed 'rumour'

What were the odds of Brumby winning the last State Election and Kennett winning the 1999 State Election?

Hints either way, the first thing his former manager will say to the 3AW journo's is I can't give you any information pertaining to my old clients especially Tom Scully. Then with the knowledge he has does he allow his station to pursue a rumour that is untrue whether it be we has signed or hasn't signed. Lets say MMM continue to stick with he has signed push, if this is wrong and we hope it is, does 3AW push the he hasn't signed, using the knowlegde they have.

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/up-yours-darling-howson-slammed-over-radio-meltdown-20110214-1at0l.html

This is the latest News on 3AW....what a beautifully crafted radio network they are.....such credibility.. B)

Just thought I'd continue the push toward 1000 posts.

Interesting opinion piece from Jason Phelan on afl.com.au: http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=107822

The comparison to the Jeff White situation has already been brought up in this thread. To Mr Phelan, I would suggest that if Tom Scully were to head to GWS in return for picks 2 and 18 in the National Draft (as the Demons traded to Fremantle for Jeff White), there wouldn't be a great deal of crying going on.

And the comment that the Demons should 'take the prospect of losing a promising and important player on the chin' if we wish to become a power club of the next decade? I completely disagree. I strongly believe a power club would fight hard to both attract and retain (whilst the opportunity remains) gun players, not meekly give in, as is suggested by the author.

And for the record, provided it's true that Tom hasn't already signed with GWS, I also believe he will remain a Demon.

Does anyone actually know what our compensation would be for Scully

And now for the much less funny response (though I prefer yours, WYL).

Compensation for clubs losing a player to GWS is determined only once the contract offer has been reviewed by the appropriate AFL representatives, as detailed here: http://www.afl.com.a...px?newsid=96815

So nobody would know what the (hypothetical) compensation would be at the present time.

Heard from a very reliable source that far from the Scully to GWS leak being a Gubby Allen beat up it is actually a plant by Schawbby to build a level of hysteria, only to make a big announcement that the Scull is signing on to stay with the dees. The logic being that it will be hue fillup for the club, help memebership sales and reinfroce the vibe we are going places. Announcement to come before the season starts

Heard from a very reliable source that far from the Scully to GWS leak being a Gubby Allen beat up it is actually a plant by Schawbby to build a level of hysteria, only to make a big announcement that the Scull is signing on to stay with the dees. The logic being that it will be hue fillup for the club, help memebership sales and reinfroce the vibe we are going places. Announcement to come before the season starts

How reliable?

Common the no!!!!!

Tim

Has been suspended! Wonder why?

This takes the cake. I have heard Eddie say his source of Scully gone is impeccable. A demon fan on bigfooty saying a close friend knows scully and states he want contract negotiations brought forward and another on the Carlton Board saying a very reliable source said Scully signed last Wednesday night.

I have never heard so many 'reliable sources' contradict each other. It makes little sense to me that he would leave, but I have never seen such sure people completely divided with 'inside' information.

Schwab using this to create membership sales makes Sheedy sound sane.

Best scenario though is a huge build up and re-signing prior to round 1. worst is anything involving him leaving.

OMG how many rumours and counter rumours are we going to hear before this saga is over. Got to hand it to you that's a doozey, it's a bit like the old spy versus spy with all sides trying to outsmart each other.

If he signs he signs, if he doesn't he doesn't, the World will continue to function and we will still win a flag in the next few years, with or without him. I hope he signs but I'm not going to "not enjoy" my football over the coming season either way. I hope for Jimmy's sake the boys put in a great effort this season and that includes Tom.

Best scenario though is a huge build up and re-signing prior to round 1. worst is anything involving him leaving.

I'd say best scenario is Scully signing right after the new TV rights and collective bargaining deals are settled. This has the advantages that it shows everyone involved to have been telling the truth and it ensures that he is being dealt with fairly and compensated according to the new salary cap rules.

Oh please... Get a grip!

Talk about clutching at straws. People your In denial! Time to wake up and look at things without your Demon hat on. Things aren't looking good.

My source re Schwabby leaking false was the girlfriend of the brother of Schawaby's dentist. Nah just having a laugh, however so much of this topic is absurd that nothing would surprise me. If he does in fact re-sign it would be a great boost - perhaps enough to tip us over 40, 000 memebers

That rumour about Schwabby starting the frenzy is so twisted, you couldn't make that stuff up.

If Scully signs early as you say, I will hail him as a genius.

It would truly be a brilliant move.

Nothing could ignite the passion of our supporter group like the seemingly-certain prospect of losing our young future star, then the elation of retaining him.

Wickedly delicious.