2010 Player Review - # 24 Liam Jurrah

Demonland

Missed the first half of the season with a shoulder injury. Took a couple of weeks to turn it on but had a real impact on several games with his goal scoring and defensive pressure. His confidence grew as the weeks wore on - Luke Holmesby melbournefc

Games MFC 2010 8 Total 17 Goals MFC 2010 21 Total 41

Games CSFC 2010 2 Goals CSFC 2010 3

Let's just hope we can get 22 games out LJ next year.

If he does I reckon we make finals.

We saw how dangerous he was in the last couple of weeks when he got some match fitness under his legs.

41 goals in his first 17 games!! Incredible...

I think the only opponent that can possibly beat him is his own confidence and injuries. He is already the most exciting player to watch I've seen at Melbourne, and could well be the difference as to whether we play finals or not.

Absolute freakzoid. And only a mere 17 games to hos name!!!

I don't want him to bulk up too much. He's naturally thin and should be kept that way due to his style of freakish play. Fitness is all.

Agree with all of the above mentioned. He alone is worth going along to watch to each and every game. Funnily enough, these type of players fit the bill for a term arguably rarely used in association with the mfc of recent times. It need not be mentioned again.

Stay fit LJ and you will shine brighter.

• 2 weeks later...

LJ is one of those rare players who is able to 'do the impossible' week after week after week. If he can get fully match fit, stay injury free, and get a couple of others around him (eg. Petterd and a reasonable goal square forward)to take some of the attention, he could become a household name (and I'm not just talking about Demonland Households!).

DOF...he ALREADY is a household name !!

if you were to poll all of footy land and ask but one question.

If you could poach just one player from any team...who would that be?

tell you now... 97% would say Liam Jurrah , Melbourne... that other 3% just dont know footy !! LOL

DOF...he ALREADY is a household name !!

if you were to poll all of footy land and ask but one question.

If you could poach just one player from any team...who would that be?

tell you now... 97% would say Liam Jurrah , Melbourne... that other 3% just dont know footy !! LOL

OK 'bub, it's the off-season, so I will concede you that one, and revise my assessment to "could become a household name across all football codes in Australia" ;) .

to quote Jack Trengove 'he's the biggest freak I've ever seen'

That comment was made in pre-season last year wasn't it? If he was already a freak to JT then, what does he think now? What is the next ascent from being a freak?

Super freak?

OK 'bub, it's the off-season, so I will concede you that one, and revise my assessment to "could become a household name across all football codes in Australia" ;) .

You could be right there Dof :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

HALF FULL by KC from Casey

It was a case of the Casey Demons going into a game with a glass half full in their match up against the Brisbane Lions at Casey Fields on Saturday. As the list of injured and unavailable AFL and VFL listed players continues to grow and with Melbourne taking all three emergencies to Perth for the weekend on a “just in case” basis, its little brother was always destined to struggle. Casey was left with only eight AFL listed players from who to select their team but only two - an out-of-form

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

PREGAME: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

The Demons return to the MCG to take on the Saints in Round 11 on the back of two straight losses in a row. With Jake Lever out with concussion who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 33

VOTES: Rd 10 vs West Coast

Last week Captain Max Gawn consolidated his lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jake Lever make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Blues. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 32

POSTGAME: Rd 10 vs West Coast

Many warned that this was a danger game and the Demons were totally outclassed all game by a young Eagles team at Optus Stadium in Perth as they were defeated by 35 points.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 322

GAMEDAY: Rd 10 vs West Coast

It's Game Day and the Demons have returned to the site of their drought breaking Premiership to take on the West Coast Eagles in what could very well be a danger game for Narrm at Optus Stadium. A win and a percentage boost will keep the Dees in top four contention whilst a loss will cast doubt on the Dees flag credentials and bring them back to the pack fighting for a spot in the 8 as we fast approach the halfway point of the season.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 884

WARNING by William from Waalitj

As a long term resident of Waalitj Marawar, I am moved to warn my fellow Narrm fans that a  danger game awaits. The locals are no longer the easybeats who stumbled, fumbled and bumbled their way to the good fortune of gathering the number one draft pick and a generational player in Harley Reid last year. They are definitely better than they were then.   Young Harley has already proven his worth with some stellar performances for a first year kid playing among men. He’s taken hangers, k

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 22

OVER YET? by KC from Casey

The Friday evening rush hour clash of two of the VFL’s 2024 minnows, Carlton and the Casey Demons was excruciatingly painful to watch, even if it was for the most part a close encounter. I suppose that since the game had to produce a result (a tie would have done the game some justice), the four points that went to Casey with the win, were fully justified because they went to the best team. In that respect, my opinion is based on the fact that the Blues were a lopsided combination that had

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

CENTIMETRES by Whispering Jack

Our game is one where the result is often decided by centimetres; the touch of a fingernail, a split-second decision made by a player or official, the angle of vision or the random movement of an oblong ball in flight or in its bounce and trajectory. There is one habit that Melbourne seems to have developed of late in its games against Carlton which is that the Demons keep finding themselves on the wrong end of the stick in terms of the fine line in close games at times when centimetres mak

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

PREGAME: Rd 10 vs West Coast

The Demons have a 10 day break before they head on the road to Perth to take on the West Coast Eagles at Optus Stadium on Sunday. Who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 527
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!