A drawn Grand Final

Dappa Dan

Amazing game. So hard at it. Saints earnt a lot of respect from me today. Hayes in particular. And Goddard. That mark was something special.

Peoples' thoughts? Should they change the rules to extra time? I must admit I love the idea we get another game. But then if it happened to the Dees, I'd be devastated. Particularly if it was us that came back like that.

Awesome game of footy. Good to see the Colliwobbles are still around. They had the game in the bag and still found a way to stuff it up. 1 goal after half time is that right?? maybe 2??) Great effort to claw their way back into it the saints. Gee I hope they win next week.

Current replay rule should remain unless Collingwood are involved. Unfair to other team to have a replay against the filth in October when the wobbles are no longer active.

If Collingwood are involved there should be an unlimited number of extra time periods until the match is resolved, with whoever is playing collingwood allowed any number of fresh substitutes for each period of ectra time.

I have absolutely no love for either side, but I just feel totally shattered with that result - simply because I know that if it was us in that situation I would not be able to cope with having to go through it all again next week. Supporters and players alike throw it all on the line for the grand final, so with every ounce of physical, mental and emotional energy now depleted, they all have to go and find a lot more. Awful feeling.

I know that as a neutral I certainly can't be stuffed going through it all again next week!

What an empty feeling. Saints got better and better as the game went on and it was as though I was barracking for my own side!!! Such is my hatred for Collingwood.

Another game to come which brings with it more of that putrid "Colling-wood" chant. Ridiculous. If the AFL banned the Dogs from their 2 second "woof woof" chant for every goal kicked, why do Collingwood get the luxury of having a chant that reverberates around the city of Melbourne during normal random gameplay whenever they please???

Maxwell may be fined? He openly said after the game to Tim Watson, "It's a joke" in reference to the AFL system with drawn GF's to be replayed the following week. That's not a captain's response to the situation. You cop it on the chin! Rules are rules so he can pi** off and be thankful his side even has the opportunity to have a replayed GF after the Saints could have / should have stolen victory in the last minute.

Goddard was BOG today and stood up when it really counted.

Hayes, Daisy Thomas (!!) and Maxwell (in that order) were next best for mine.

I'm in love with the idea of replaying the GF. And don't use the excuse that they don't do it in any other game, because the only reason they don't is that every other week already has a game scheduled for the week after. LOVE LOVE LOVE THE GF REPLAY!!!

If it happened to Melbourne, of course I'd be shattered we didn't win, but come on. How awesome would it be to get a surprise extra game to watch. Footy-lover's dream. I would also guess that more hardcore supporters would get to go the next week, which is great. What do they do with the Draft Camp and Trade Week, though?

I was at Both Grand Finals in 1977, and it was incredible.

I hope the Rule is never changed..it once again makes our game that little bit more special.

Everybody knows the rules...At this stage the Filth look gone..but as someone above said it is actually just Half Time.

Go Saints for next week.

I just adore Colliwobbles. B) B)

Edited by why you little

I was at Both Grand Finals in 1977, and it was incredible.

I hope the Rule is never changed..it once again makes our game that little bit more special.

Everybody knows the rules...At this stage the Filth look gone..but as someone above said it is actually just Half Time.

Go Saints for next week.

I just adorer Colliwobbles. B) B)

I'd find it difficult to disagree with any of that - except I wasn't around in '77.

Finals are only extra time because replays would throw the whole schedule off-kilter. If you want to win the flag, you should do it in normal time. And let's face it - can only be good for the game for the AFL to have an extra 5 or 10 mil in the kitty.....

I'd find it difficult to disagree with any of that - except I wasn't around in '77.

Finals are only extra time because replays would throw the whole schedule off-kilter. If you want to win the flag, you should do it in normal time. And let's face it - can only be good for the game for the AFL to have an extra 5 or 10 mil in the kitty.....

probably more like $20+Mil

This year I finally received my full mcc membership after waiting for years so I got up at 4 with my family left home at 5 and was in the g by 5:25. people were still asleep in the queues, we were around near gate 5, gates opened at 8 and I was seated by 8:15. (Ian Collins and Etihard could learn how to manage queues like the G does)

I was up on the top level but in line with the centre sqare so it was a good view. Saw lots of dees fans in there supporting the saints and luckily had saints fans around me. I had a guy next to me who has never been to much footy because he was saying extra time we get to extra time.

Coming back next week is a good idea. If it was melbourne and we kicked like collingwood then I would be furious for losing it but if was the saints position then I would be rapt to come back next week. They were lucky to come away with a draw.

I was prepared to sit there and watch the pies win a flag which I thought was going to happen at half time. But it was a brilliant last half and I just wanted the sainters to get a rushed behind but they couldnt do it. So I was hoping for a draw because next week im out of the country for 3 weeks so if the pies win I wont be around to see it.

It was a great day at the G.

Great game to be at 189227, you were part of history!

Disappointed Goddard didn't get Norm Smith, pretty stiff & would've saved half my outgoings on the day. Lost the lot with the draw.

But, a great day in AFL history, which I think might be the last drawn GF.

Edited by Demon Hill