Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Jack Trengove

barass 31

Seems to me that Jack is now well behind his mate Tom Scully in AFL development for the year. Is he stuggling with injuries or have we overrated his potential? I hope for the future that the former is the solution to his lacklustre completion to the year. By the way I agree with another Poster it is time to review Mat Bate to see any worthwhile trade available. Morton I am prepared to review on year end 2011

0 Report

Back to top of the page up there ^

MultiQuote

Edit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems to me that Jack is now well behind his mate Tom Scully in AFL development for the year. Is he stuggling with injuries or have we overrated his potential? I hope for the future that the former is the solution to his lacklustre completion to the year. By the way I agree with another Poster it is time to review Mat Bate to see any worthwhile trade available. Morton I am prepared to review on year end 2011

0 Report

MultiQuote

Edit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trengove will be a gun and until he got injured against the Bombers in round 15 I'd of had him ahead of Scully. The injury probabaly set him back a bit, and throw intop of that it's a very long year for the 18 year old. Absolutely nothing to be concerned about. Very alarmist post IMO.

I watched Matthew last night and have these observations. He works hard at the base of packs. His main source of kicks is from hard running lead up kind of work - he has a tank. At 192 cm or thereabouts in the modern game he is more a midfielder - where as more commonly a KPP is at 195+ with a tank. He doesnt take pack marks his kicking for goals is better than average. I think he is trying to the best of his abilities but I dont think there is much more to be revealed - mind you the same could have been said of L Dunn at the start of the year and he has hit a purple patch of late. I would consider trading him - Bate that is.

No issues with Jack Trengove. Remember that Scully is a running machine and his tank is huge, he was able to run out the year nicely yesterday.

Jack's injury set him back a little, slowed him up further. Needs to do a bit of sprinting work IMO to work on his speed, bit more strength obviously.

He is a calm player that will be a star, loved the mark yesterday over Warren, I think?

Edited by Demon Hill

No issues with Jack Trengove. Remember that Scully is a running machine and his tank is huge, he was able to run out the year nicely yesterday.

Jack's injury set him back a little, slowed him up further. Needs to do a bit of sprinting work IMO to work on his speed, bit more strength obviously.

He is a calm player that will be a star, loved the mark yesterday over Warren, I think?

Jack trengove will be a very, very good player for Melbourne for a number of years. He is a kid in his first AFL season.

What he brings to the MFC is that cool composure with the ability to execute. he also brings in a level of hardness that will continue to grow over the coming years as he develops his body. He is not over the top in his agression (opposite to Dustin Martin), but has that bit of mongrel about him that opposition teams are mindful of. You just need to look at him at the stoppages or at the fist sign of any pushing and shoving, he loves it.

I think JT will be our version of Luke Hodge, and strongly believe he will be every bit as good as Hodge.

0 Report

MultiQuote

Edit

great overhead marks, storng takles and hard runing, that was just from round 22 v the kangas. i had him on level pegging if not above scully for much of the season. both have been valued players and investments.

everyone will see a different thing in each player, but he is one of those bolkes that will serve us well in the future!

a huge fan

Re op

does a bear sh!t in the woods !!

Silly season officially started it seems

Nasher, is there a known cure for this disease, other than a premiership? It seems to be getting a little out of control.

No. It's like the common flu. It spreads like wild fire, particularly after games.

I think he's tired, he's seems to have had some sort of Back issue as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

He had a great first year and is easily one of the best first year players in the competition.

I agree though that by comparison to Tom Scully he looked a bit tired yesterday. However I can't believe how good Scully was yesterday. He is so fast, has such a huge tank, takes the game on and is hard as nails. My favourite bit was when he grab the ball from a ball up and nearly KO'd the Kangaroos player. I also loved how smart he is. When he is about to tackle a handballing opposition player, he acknowledges this SO QUICKLY and is on to the recipient in a flash. Does it better than anyone on our team.

I think Trengove will be a great player. But Scully will be an absolute superstar. Our once in a gen player.

He had a great first year and is easily one of the best first year players in the competition.

I agree though that by comparison to Tom Scully he looked a bit tired yesterday. However I can't believe how good Scully was yesterday. He is so fast, has such a huge tank, takes the game on and is hard as nails. My favourite bit was when he grab the ball from a ball up and nearly KO'd the Kangaroos player. I also loved how smart he is. When he is about to tackle a handballing opposition player, he acknowledges this SO QUICKLY and is on to the recipient in a flash. Does it better than anyone on our team.

I think Trengove will be a great player. But Scully will be an absolute superstar. Our once in a gen player.

What Scully does is puts the ball in a position where his teammates should run in to and they will get hit on the [censored] with the ball. The only problem with this at the moment is that the blokes around him aren't as quick minded as Scull, therefore don't run to the right spots. When they do, it blows the game wide open. This is no criticism to our other players, but as Scully grows up, and they are a part of that, he will teach them how to play. Again, the comparison with Judd has got to be made.

Trengove has shown more in his firt year than what a lot of the best midfielders did in their first yeras (eg Ablett). When these 2 have played 3+ years with each other, Trengove will be a superstar, and we will have a handful of top midfielders (Grimes, Tapscott, Blease, Gysberts) that will naturally develop from playing with some of the best. As Geddy stated, Scully will be a once in a generation player, but I'm happy with Trengove being that next level down!

Give the kid a break! Jack Trengove has had a fantastic first season. His composure with the ball shows maturity beyond his years. He knows exactly what he's going to do before he actually gets the ball. I also love the critical times in matches that he inserts himself into the play through sheer will-power. He's going to be an on-fleld leader & a superstar!

In fact, MFC has 3 developing mid-field superstars. The supporters just have to come to terms with this fact after years of mediocrity. Scully is a ball magnet with the endurance of a marathon runner. Wait until he adds some muscle and polishes his disposal skills. He needs more kicking pentration (which will come with muscle) to avoid those looping 30m "hospital" passes. The third superstar is Jordie McKenzie. He's my "un" player - un-sung, un-perturbed, un-der the packs, and unbelievable!

In one team, we have several players who could be the best seen at the Club since Robert Flower. Stop worrying! The good times are coming as long as we keep barracking and the players keep working.

I thought Trengove was reasonably good. He does things every now and then that highlight his class - his delivery of the ball to Brad Green for a goal in the last quarter was very composed and well weighted despite being under pressure. I often find that the answer to my question: "Geeze that was a nice pass... who was it?" is Trengove.

Looking forward to next year.

Give the kid a break! Jack Trengove has had a fantastic first season. His composure with the ball shows maturity beyond his years. He knows exactly what he's going to do before he actually gets the ball. I also love the critical times in matches that he inserts himself into the play through sheer will-power. He's going to be an on-fleld leader & a superstar!

In fact, MFC has 3 developing mid-field superstars. The supporters just have to come to terms with this fact after years of mediocrity. Scully is a ball magnet with the endurance of a marathon runner. Wait until he adds some muscle and polishes his disposal skills. He needs more kicking pentration (which will come with muscle) to avoid those looping 30m "hospital" passes. The third superstar is Jordie McKenzie. He's my "un" player - un-sung, un-perturbed, un-der the packs, and unbelievable!

In one team, we have several players who could be the best seen at the Club since Robert Flower. Stop worrying! The good times are coming as long as we keep barracking and the players keep working.

Agree. So good has McKenzie been this year I think there's little doubt that he was a major factor in why Junior was forced into a slightly premature retirement.

Trengove?

The same bloke Port tried to give up picks 8 AND 9 to get?

He'll be fine.

It's a long year for a rookie.

I agree no problems with him.

Also think he is a better kick than Scully.

Yestreday he did some beauties, exactly the right weight for the player down field.

Smart footballer just starting to find his way in the game. Given the pressure our kids have been under and a rigorous gameplan you can forgive any single player for not "starring". I think once the intricacies of our gameplan start to flourish from the regemented level we have displayed this year he will become more prominent. One of many players who will benefit from another preseason and improved facilities. I actually prefer him midfield to forward due to his composure.

Smart footballer just starting to find his way in the game. Given the pressure our kids have been under and a rigorous gameplan you can forgive any single player for not "starring". I think once the intricacies of our gameplan start to flourish from the regemented level we have displayed this year he will become more prominent. One of many players who will benefit from another preseason and improved facilities. I actually prefer him midfield to forward due to his composure.

He tired badly in the last few games, as expected from a teenager first year player, but a fine first season and will only get better.

Hannebury had a bad patch, so did Martin, as did Rich and Hill. To expect anything different is just being unrealistic.

OP: Good post. I can see why you might feel Trengove's been pretty disappointing - he's only around 3rd in betting on the Rising Star nomination, and he's had a couple of quiet games.

Will Jack Trengove make it?

MFCSS.

These kinds of questions are hardly unique to the supporters of MFC, Nasher.

Furthermore, I have no doubt that most MFC supporters do think Trengove will 'make it'.