Cale Morton

Green Machine

What are the opinions of the great Cale mortons return? I believe very average and is not up to it.

Interestingly we are not the team we where when he was not playing at the start of they year.

what are you saying, that Morton is not a good fit for this team?

That Morton should be put up for trade bait?

That Morton needs to go back the Casey?

That Morton needs another pre season under his belt to recover from his injury?

Im not sure of the purpose of your post?

What are the opinions of the great Cale mortons return? I believe very average and is not up to it.

Interestingly we are not the team we where when he was not playing at the start of they year.

Thought he ripped it up in the third quater last week.

I also think that you a pretty much clueless. That is probably why you ask the question.

I am not sure what your where means in your sentence.

Edited by agent_orange

He's improved a lot since the first season when I was On His case. He has made some beautiful passes to advantage that I'd nearly missed they were so well read. He kicked past the player just inreach, the player had to bend & stretch out behind him, but that was the perfect thing to do. Brilliant.

If thats what he can do on purpose, then I can see him playing half back & attacking or leadup half forward for sure.

Opinion on Cale:

* Looks much more confident. (Seen him back back into a few packs, more of an appetite for the contested ball)

* Looks to have grown into his body a little bit more and no longer looks like a stick creature.

* With his improved confidence, you can see him willing to take risks with his kicking and a few have paid off.

* Coming along nicely. Have always been a bit worried about his disposal but it looks like it's improving steadily.

Once upon a time the football world talked about the 2nd year blues. In this professional era we don't hear as much about it. Players being tagged but learning how to counter tag etc. Cale has all the emerging skills necessary. He might not end up being an A plus player but he will be an A grader, and you need half a team of A graders to take home the bacon. He is an essential component of our outfit. He was looking sensational in the practice games before injured. He will just gradually pick up the pace and overcoming such adversary will make him even better. There are several other players you need to worry about rather than Cale. Diplomacy suggests I shouldn't name them.

I'm very impatient with Cale's inability to put on proper muscle.

I know that if he weighed 95kg, at 194cm... with his skills and running ability and natural ball winning ability. Plus his over head marking...

He could be absolutely dominant. However atm he gets rag dolled ALOT and can't shrug tackles. It limits his ability to dominate.

I reckon he has the biggest upside of any player on our list, including Watts. Morton could be unbelievable

Rubbish thread. Plain and simple. He broke his leg during the pre-season FFS and missed a heck of a lot of time to get himself going and only had 2 weeks in the reserves before returning.

Nothing to worry about in the slightest, Morton will shine in the second half of the year. And to those who lay claim to being "impatient" about his lack of muscle... who says you need muscle to make it in this game? No-one. Never made any difference to one Robert Flower did it?

I'm very impatient with Cale's inability to put on proper muscle.

I know that if he weighed 95kg, at 194cm... with his skills and running ability and natural ball winning ability. Plus his over head marking...

He could be absolutely dominant. However atm he gets rag dolled ALOT and can't shrug tackles. It limits his ability to dominate.

I reckon he has the biggest upside of any player on our list, including Watts. Morton could be unbelievable

mate you think cale morton loves being skinny!? just have a think before you post next time.

not everyone are gunna bulk up as quick as james frawley. people are just designed different.. look at dustin fletcher.. is pencil build after 100 years..it still will take cale a couple of years before he gets to a certain weight that he enable him to play key forward. for now cale is developing just beautiful!

There are several other players you need to worry about rather than Cale. Diplomacy suggests I shouldn't name them.

Oooohh, menacing.

Don't worry about diplomacy; name them and I will tell you whether you're on the mark or not.

And this is GM at your worst. Equating Mortons presence to our decline in form is not just specious - it's scurrilous.

This has got to be one of the more rediculous posts I've ever seen.

What do you suggest, replacing Morton with Joel Macdonald, that will really turn the team right around.

Or what about Jack Watts, his record stands at 1 win from 7 attempts, maybe he is the cause of all our problems.

Morton was pretty decent against Carlton, after not being the worst the two weeks previously. Took a nice mark deep in defence putting body on the line, mopped up beautifully (besides 1 shonky kick) when loose in the 3rd. He's also got a long penetrating kick which I think is part of the reason they are playing him across half back. His attack on the footy has been fine and his ball use consistently pretty good. I'd be disappointed if he doesn't improve as the weeks go on due to how highly rated he is, but he is fine at the moment. As for him not putting on weight, I'd only be annoyed if it was because he is slacking on the weights, otherwise if its just a club decision and his natural body type to bulk him up slowly then that is fine as well.

Morton had twelve disposals in the only quarter of good footy we played last week.

Edited by eth38

That's because all the other clubs have either stopped taking us lightly or have woken up to whatever the hell we were doing that was making us successful. Nothing to do with Morton.

The one thing that annoys me about Morton is he's prone to at least 2 school boy clangers a game which I hope he irons out. Other than that, this topic is just plain silly. I suggest he takes a look at Melbourne V ST Kilda round 22 last year, when he got 30 quality touches as an example of Morton's upside.

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell

Personally, I still believe Cale Morton is one of the top talents at the club. He is building form, and is a long way off being dropped considering some of the performances of some of his teammates.

I think we should see some very good signs from Cale in the upcoming month. He is slowly building in many areas of his game, and could start to really cause his opponents some concern.

Happy with his comeback thus far.

Oooohh, menacing.

Don't worry about diplomacy; name them and I will tell you whether you're on the mark or not.

And this is GM at your worst. Equating Mortons presence to our decline in form is not just specious - it's scurrilous.

Ha Ha. Thought the same thing. The pretence of diplomacy. :wacko:

Morton has missed alot of football and a lot of fitness. He is doing fine since coming back.

Sigh...

1) He's 20. Has years up his sleeve. Patience.

2) Not every player turns into Stephen Tingay. Cale will never be physically imposing. For what it's worth I have no recollection whatsover of seeing him "ragdolled" in a game. I suspect that's been invented to try to prove a poor argument.

3) He got us back in the game last week. Was immense in the 3rd quarter.

Terrible terrible post. Just horrible.

Interestingly our drop in form has coincided with Petterd going down.

He gave us a target up forward that straightened us out.

Since then our movement into the forward line has been much more haphazard.