• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Word just out!!!- Unconfirmed source

Guest Js22

I think Hughes could be usefull in those conditions, with his reactiveness & his athletic abilities.

As long as he doesn't take matters into his own hands and upset Jamar at a stoppage by flying over the top of Jamar to knock it down to a nest of Power players, like he did to a nest of Eagles last week (as the ball went straight out the back and into the centre corridor for the Eagles). Then I don't really have a problem with that. Personally, I'd prefer Sylvia stay in - but only one who has come to his senses and realise he let the team down last week.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a business selection, directed from the board. Indigenous players for the north. I'm happy for Wonna and Jetta. But they are still not fit enough. Miller !What's the point. Those who've played at Mt Gravat stick together. Bailey lets his emotions overtake him at times and loses perspective.

That doesn't disappoint me. Bruce and Bate are injured, so MacDonald and Morton get their spots. Jetta takes over from Hughes, Miller can ruck better than PJ and at least give us something up forward, and Aussie is a best 22 player that will likely get his go in the place of Sylvia who will benefit immensely from a week at Casey.

Casey don't play this week. Imagine he would only be dropped if he's a) really out of form (??) or B) injured (??). Re the above, a bit tough for Hughes if true. He didn't do all that much, but wasn't alone. Wonder if it'll be the same "you've got 2 games to show your worth" for Watts.

We may not have any more outs, at least one of the above would be an emergency, and as they're probably wanting to play as many indigenous players as possible in Darwin, I wonder if Morton could be carrying the drinks.

This is a business selection, directed from the board. Indigenous players for the north. I'm happy for Wonna and Jetta. But they are still not fit enough. Miller !What's the point. Those who've played at Mt Gravat stick together. Bailey lets his emotions overtake him at times and loses perspective.

The Melbourne Board have no say as to who plays and who doesn't. :rolleyes:

Just seen on Cameron's twitter that Strauss is going up on the plane. May mean nothing or something :wub:

Yes, but going to Yuendemo along with Jurrah etc., the guys who are basically not playing.

Silly post. Oz & Jet have played the last 2-3 full games for Casey, who are you to declare them unfit?? And as far as Miller goes, I'd suggest being BOG in 2 of the last 3 games at Casey with 11 goals to his name while our forward line struggles has a lot more to do with his selection than a non-existent link to Mt Gravatt.

with bate and petterd out our forward line looks very thin.

An argument for Miller is that he is capable of the rough stuff - call it physical presence kind of thing. In the opening against WCE Nathan Jones was giving back to the WCE as they tried some intimidation of Watts. Miller has a nice level of gorrila in him. Ports defence has been good.

That doesn't disappoint me.

It disappoints me. Gysberts is surely ahead of both Jetta and Wonaeamirri at this point.

And there's no way in the world Sylvia will be dropped. Crap form or not, game breakers do not get dropped. It's just the way of the world.

It disappoints me. Gysberts is surely ahead of both Jetta and Wonaeamirri at this point.

And there's no way in the world Sylvia will be dropped. Crap form or not, game breakers do not get dropped. It's just the way of the world.

that cost danners his job and players proloning their careers excuse grammer not easy on a mobile

Silly post. Oz & Jet have played the last 2-3 full games for Casey, who are you to declare them unfit?? And as far as Miller goes, I'd suggest being BOG in 2 of the last 3 games at Casey with 11 goals to his name while our forward line struggles has a lot more to do with his selection than a non-existent link to Mt Gravatt.

The quicker that players like Miller are off the list the better so that we dont have to continue to waste time rewarding his good VFL form with call ups to the seniors, only for him to fail misersably at senior level time and time again. I think its clear to most people he will not be resolving his deficiencies at this point in his career. Never been a better example of a list clogger.

Jetta has been playing well, but Wonna is a massive charity selection. Would not be happy to see that happen if I was on the list. Played 2 games for casey seniors and not been in the best. How would Gysberts feel if this rumour is true.

What about Dunn?

Sure his horse in an olympic dressage competition kicking style and fingerless crocodile glove incident are reasons enough to keep him out but

I thought he presented well and worked really hard this year , gives us versatility, i would have thought he would be a good replacement for Bate

Big changes if true. Assuming Sylvia is the other out our team could look something like this:

Backs: MacDonald, Warnock, Rivers

Half backs: Garland, Frawley, Grimes

Centres: Scully, Moloney, Trengove

Half forwards: Bennell, Miller, Davey

Forwards: Green, Watts, Wonaeamirri

Followers: Jamar, McDonald, McKenzie

Interchange: Bartram, Jetta, Jones, Morton

Sad to see Bate go out but that is an exciting team!

Oh chances are one of the 5 are flying up as an emergency. So maybe there are only four changes and Sylvia is in?

Must admit if true- not a bad team on paper.

I think the reason Gysberts misses out here is because of positional needs and nothing else. He's an in and under midfielder who doesn't play forward or back. I don't think any of our current midfielders would be dropped for him: Moloney, Scully, Trengove, Jnr McDonald, Jones, Moloney - none would deserve to be dropped on form.

Then if we look at the suggested in's they make a lot of sense structurally.

Miller - logical replacement for PJ given his ability to pinch-hit in the ruck and play the lead up forward in place of Bate. Not to mention we need the extra strong body up there to give Watts a hand. His been playing fantastic footy for Casey too, so he deserves the call up.

Aussie and Jetta - both can go forward and improve our forward pressure. We have lacked creativity in our forward line all season and these guys give us that. Jetta can also swing into the midfield if needed. Having Watts and Miller up forward means we have two guys that can bring the ball to ground a bit, where jetta and aussie can pounce. Probable replace for Hughes who has showed good effort and is possibly unlucky to be dropped (if true).

Joel Mac - obvious replacement for Bruce down in the backline. It was just a matter of time before he came back in.

Morton - he has the ability to play anywhere on the ground thanks to his height and endurance. He is also easily in our top 22 so it makes sense to get him back in after showing enough at Casey. Could fill in down back in bruce's role, or move forward to take over Hughes or Bates role. He's the ultimate Mr flexibility.

All of the in's make sense from a structural perspective, otherwise if we just went for who's in the best form we would have a team of almost purely midfielders with a couple of bigs scattered around.

Gysberts and Cheney are in the same boat. Both can't break into the side because of our depth and strength at their positions.

There is no way sylvia is out of the team. rediculous people are suggesting it. yes he's had 3 ordinary games, but he had 2 rippers before that. We need to get these guys playing games together.

The more they play together the better the group will be for the future. and sylvia is defintely a big part of our future.

Sure if he is horribly out of form then drop him, but i dont' believe that is the case atm. His tackling and chasing is still good

I don't want to drop your Idol, but If, he's playing sore & underperforming, it may be wise to give him A week to freshen up, before we come into a big month of footy.

I know Sylvia was playing beautifully before he went on telly, or there abouts. The word is he's sore. Give him a rest.

As long as he doesn't take matters into his own hands and upset Jamar at a stoppage by flying over the top of Jamar to knock it down to a nest of Power players, like he did to a nest of Eagles last week (as the ball went straight out the back and into the centre corridor for the Eagles). Then I don't really have a problem with that. Personally, I'd prefer Sylvia stay in - but only one who has come to his senses and realise he let the team down last week.

Well, you'll get that, young players making mistakes as they settle down & develop. Not many are composed totally right from the start.

In the context that this year Is NOT about making the 8,,,, but IS about starting players careers & putting games of experience into those young players, & also to promote our club in the highest possible way, Then I think we should bring these boys in. Jetta & Wonna, are more physically mature & experinced than the other 1st year boys, so coming into a month of playing the TOP TEAMS, those stronger bodies will be very important.

Garland & Bate both came into the side @ 3/4 fitness & ran themselves up to full fitness.

So in that context, I can't see that they won't come in, especially as Casey haven't got a game this week.

Bate out is a blow to the forward line and dropping Hughes denies us another marking option.

We'll have plenty of run but few options to kick goals. Not liking our chances at this stage.

I don't disagree that the loss of Bate and Hughes hurt (particularly bate), but we're replacing them with Miler (a taller and stronger marking option) while we still have Green as a solid marking option as well. That still provides us with 3 marking options up front with another 3 guys with pace to provide tackling pressure and creativity around the goals. Bennell is a good mark as well.

I recall that happening and commented at the time how stupid it was. Sam Newman once vented his frustration with players coming third man up and claimed it only gave their own side a 50/50 chance of winning the ball because they would whack it indiscriminately to no one in particular.