Change our Nickname....

GRUN DEE

Demons or Redlegs?  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This reminds me: it went fairly unnoticed at the time, but a few weeks ago in his weekly "the Tackle" article, Mark Robinson referred the demons and asked that now due to our good performances that we are never reffered to as he "dees" again.

Apparently in his eyes it is a bit effeminate.

?!

Thank god no one takes that drunk moron seriously.

I pondered what he'd said but I just can't agree.

I mean, come on... The Saints? The Swans? The Mayblooms? The pussycats? The Pies? The Bullies? The Kangas?

Hardly the most masculine of names.

May they be the Dees now and in perpetuity.

Mate I'm a young bloke and i do two things very week, go to church and go to the footy(when it is on). i love the name the demons didn't put me off supporting the club and i chose to support the demons myself, my mum is a filth supporter and my dad goes for the other filth the crows. So if you look at what i could of supported, i guess you could say i was "SAVED BY THE DEMONS!!!". Pun intended!

Clever and attractive avatar, Dana SCULLY from the X Files.

The demon only really has religious connotations in one area the MFC seems to care about, and that's within the Chinese community. If they really want to infiltrate the large number of Chinese students coming to our shores, they will have to promote the club as Melbourne FC and keep the Demons on the down low, which is essentially what they've been doing for the past 3 years.

The demon only really has religious connotations in one area the MFC seems to care about, and that's within the Chinese community. If they really want to infiltrate the large number of Chinese students coming to our shores, they will have to promote the club as Melbourne FC and keep the Demons on the down low, which is essentially what they've been doing for the past 3 years.

know alot of chinese supporters that support the Mo Gui's, Go Dees

This thread = Massive fail.

I think the Melbourne Football Club can increase there membership and following by changing there current nickname the 'Demons' to a more acceptable name the 'Redlegs'.

Will increase nothing. Will only disenfranchise people.

Being a past nickname would allow an easy transition by current members I would think.

A past nickname from basically a lifetime ago? Who would be left still alive when we were called that?

Or even better, use both. However, using the nickname the 'Redlegs' on a far greater capacity.

I'm ok with working in Redlegs in the same sense as "shinboner" for the Roos.

I find particular groups are not attracted to the MFC because of there demonic name the 'Demons'.

I have never seen or heard tale of this before. Not once.

I think of the Red Sox and White Sox in the States.

And we need to copy American clubs and sports, because? If it were recovery, sports science or financial structures... maybe. But cultural aspects? We have our own. In fact we've had our own for longer than they have.

THOUGHTS or any other ideas?

Yes.

Don't make threads about changing anything to do with where we play, or what we're called. How's that?

demons forever

Go Dees

DEMONS for me.....although I have a redlegs membership.

The demon is my religion !!

The DEMONS...ALWAYS the DEMONS!!!

The stupid block Melbourne FC logo was horrible.....love the Retro Dees T-shirt that has come out in the last few mths.

The Red Devils (Manchester United) are the richest most successful sporting organisation on the planet....I am sure China residents are more familiar with them than any other side in the world.

If it's good enough for them it's good enough for the Mighty Demons!

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

As long as opposition supporters call us: "You bastards that keep smashing our side and winning premierships" I'll be happy. But for me the will always be the Demons.

Get your own team and call it the Redlegs, maybe a super coach team would be a good start.

Go Redlegs!!!!

Fair dinkum, that stinks.

I often yell out Go Redlegs!! at the footy. However I would never ever advocate becoming the Redlegs. Checker Hughes bought in the Demon and Jimmy bought back the Demon.

You do the math!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.