Scott Thompson rumour

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been said that Scott Thompson is going to come back to the Melbourne Football Club next year. He knows how good we are getting and wants to be part of it again. He is out of contract and will not sign.

It has been said that Scott Thompson is going to come back to the Melbourne Football Club next year. He knows how good we are getting and wants to be part of it again. He is out of contract and will not sign.

That means we could pick him up rather cheaply-worth considering, but do we have room?

Could be a good Teacher for Jack Watts-another good solid body in the goal square.

Regardless of what happens i like it that players are wanting to come to Melbourne.

We must choose our recruits very carefully. Who is Best suited to winning games & for how long can they play.

Had to log on just to say

This is Absolutely unequivocally the most rediculous statement ever in history hang your head in shame.

If anything he's odds on to go to the Gold coast for the cash. No way he'd come back to MFC no way we'd

accept him back no longer fits our rebuilding profile 28 years is too old.

He burnt us once MFC aren't stupid enough to let him do it again.

Just create a team of fairweathered down hill skiers while your at it. Desert

us when the going gets tough come back when we've rebuilt through the pain of the last

3 years.

sorry but this is absolute [censored].

Edited by Diablo Deemon

He'll get twice the money at the Gold Coast and he could probably be captain too. He ditched us, he ain't coming back. We simply don't want or need him.

Could be a good Teacher for Jack Watts-another good solid body in the goal square.

One of the more puzzling statements I've read on here. Please illuminate further.

The Scott Thompson I've been watching these past years would struggle to have visited the goal square.

Had to log on just to say

This is Absolutely unequivocally the most rediculous statement ever in history hang your head in shame.

If anything he's odds on to go to the Gold coast for the cash. No way he'd come back to MFC no way we'd

accept him back no longer fits our rebuilding profile 28 years is too old.

He burnt us once MFC aren't stupid enough to let him do it again.

Just create a team of fairweathered down hill skiers while your at it. Desert

us when the going gets tough come back when we've rebuilt through the pain of the last

3 years.

sorry but this is absolute [censored].

While the thread is a bit weak I don't think it needed this kind of reply.

Scott Thompson is a very good player, we would be a better team for having him, and the recruiting department would be interested.

If I were Thompson I would be very interested in coming back to Melbourne, better club, better city and strong connections within the club.

THe issue here is trade price, we're unlikely to get him for free, and I would be dissapointed to lose a young player, and any of the picks we are likely to have are unlikely to satisfy Adelaide. So unlikely yes, "Absolutely unequivocally the most rediculous statement ever in history" No.

One of the more puzzling statements I've read on here. Please illuminate further.

The Scott Thompson I've been watching these past years would struggle to have visited the goal square.

If he is going to play the twilight of his career for melbourne that is where he will end up. He is a good kick.

i don't think we require him further up the ground.

If he is going to play the twilight of his career for melbourne that is where he will end up. He is a good kick.

i don't think we require him further up the ground.

I think you're making stuff up. His kicking has been ordinary for a couple of years now. Ask any Crows fan.

While he's been a damn good player, I don't want him back. It's poor form to me that a player would do his development at one club, give his prime years to another & then return to the original club to play for his superannuation.

I think you're making stuff up. His kicking has been ordinary for a couple of years now. Ask any Crows fan.

While he's been a damn good player, I don't want him back. It's poor form to me that a player would do his development at one club, give his prime years to another & then return to the original club to play for his superannuation.

I don't care if he comes back to the MFC or not to be honest, but if he does then it should be totally on our terms.

I don't dislike Scott for going home-I would always want to return to Victoria if i had to leave for work, & i think Scott made sure we got a decent trade, so i can live with that.

Scott Thompson playing with a bunch of young guns on the MCG might just fire him up for a few years.

Being a crow would be very Regimented i bet-They're are really stuffed at the minute.

I can't beleive this thread is still going.

Switch your brains on people. Even if on the very unlikely chance he want's to come to Melbourne, which of our YOUNG guns do you want to give away for this middle age gun player................ though so, you want to give no one away, because he is older and thus has a shorter future.

I think the FD will be thinking the same. Its never going to happen.

A couple of wins and we're getting a little cocky aren't we? Obviously this is all rumour but if he was available, keen and didn't cost too much we'd be mad to not entertain the thought. Does his presence bring us closer to a flag? Clearly another seasoned midfielder who can float forward would help. He's better than Moloney and Jones and therefore would make us better. If his body is ok and his motives are honourable I'd definitely be in the "yes" camp. Let's revisit this after a couple of losses when Moloney butchers a few kicks and Jones tries to take on half a team and the propisition will no doubt be viewed in a more positive light.

BTW, I'm very impressed with the improved performances of Moloney and Jones this season - please don't respond to my glib references to those two individuals!

A couple of wins and we're getting a little cocky aren't we? Obviously this is all rumour but if he was available, keen and didn't cost too much we'd be mad to not entertain the thought. Does his presence bring us closer to a flag? Clearly another seasoned midfielder who can float forward would help. He's better than Moloney and Jones and therefore would make us better. If his body is ok and his motives are honourable I'd definitely be in the "yes" camp. Let's revisit this after a couple of losses when Moloney butchers a few kicks and Jones tries to take on half a team and the propisition will no doubt be viewed in a more positive light.

BTW, I'm very impressed with the improved performances of Moloney and Jones this season - please don't respond to my glib references to those two individuals!

Well said GV...If someone comes knocking on the Front door and says "I want to play for you guys (again). Why slam the door, when you know the guy has talent. At least hear him out and consider the offer.

If this rumour turns out to be true, i am rapt that players are looking to us as a Good club to come to. I do not want the MFC to become Aloof or arrogant in its business dealings ever.

I agree that $$$ to be made at GC17 should see him heading there. Many of these rumours are started by player managers who know suggesting several relocations for a player makes for better bargaining leverage with the actual preferred destination.

I still advocate however for the right price and assuming James McDonald retires at year end he would be a handy 3 year addition to the team. $$$ and value aside.

Surely if he refused to resign a second round pick and a fill player would get the deal done anyway.

I agree that $$$ to be made at GC17 should see him heading there. Many of these rumours are started by player managers who know suggesting several relocations for a player makes for better bargaining leverage with the actual preferred destination.

I still advocate however for the right price and assuming James McDonald retires at year end he would be a handy 3 year addition to the team. $$$ and value aside.

Surely if he refused to resign a second round pick and a fill player would get the deal done anyway.

I personally hope junior will be there next year, maybe the year later as well. He is in the best form of his career, and is an inspiration to our young guys.

Go junior

Edited by Go the mighty Dees

If he left simply because of the coach, then I definitly don't want him back!

And considering Trapper has this to say about Danners last week:

The closest thing to a regret that he has is failure to perform to expectations - his own and others' - at Melbourne, particularly for the Demons' then coach, Neale Daniher.

''My form was probably a little too up and down when I was there - probably still too up and down now,'' he said. ''Neale was fantastic to me. The whole Melbourne Football Club was fantastic to me but 'Danners' really helped me out a fair bit, always had faith in me. If I could turn back time I would re-pay him a bit more, but I can't do that. All I can do now is try and get as much out of my footy as possible now.''

Then Thompson hitting the road solely on the back of not liking the coach becomes a lot less plausible!

If he left simply because of the coach, then I definitly don't want him back!

And considering Trapper has this to say about Danners last week:

The closest thing to a regret that he has is failure to perform to expectations - his own and others' - at Melbourne, particularly for the Demons' then coach, Neale Daniher.

''My form was probably a little too up and down when I was there - probably still too up and down now,'' he said. ''Neale was fantastic to me. The whole Melbourne Football Club was fantastic to me but 'Danners' really helped me out a fair bit, always had faith in me. If I could turn back time I would re-pay him a bit more, but I can't do that. All I can do now is try and get as much out of my footy as possible now.''

Then Thompson hitting the road solely on the back of not liking the coach becomes a lot less plausible!

Fine words from Trapper-I Hope TJ is always welcomed back to the MFC in future years. He obviously still loves the place, and understands why he was traded.

Good on ya TJ B)

1) This is rumour, so maybe the title should be 'Scott Thompson might be coming back'

2) Do we need a player like him?

3) If this is true, and we did want him, how would we go about signing him? Free agency isn't around this year is it?

As for #3, trade, PSD or national draft (in that order).

That means we could pick him up rather cheaply-worth considering, but do we have room?

Isn't ST a mid?