Jordie McKenzie

Green Machine

or does it mean he is 2nd to the ball?

If the high tackle count insinuates that he is second to the ball, then it also would insinuate that his second efforts are amazing.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jaded, I believe that Jordie volunteered to stay on the Rookie in list so that the club could get another young player in the draft. A brave and unselfish act - which also translates to the way he plays on the field.

Correct, and Adelaide threw a heap of cash to entice him over.

I believe he was looked over in the November draft as he didn't really stand out in any one area, of course clearly his determination and attitude make up for it. For us to eb successful we need a couple more McKenzie 'types' to support our talent in Scully, Trengove & Grimes. You have to hand it to the FD for putting together such an exciting list

Amazingly he was always standing smack bang in the middle of the corridor, on his own, waiting to get the ball and really drive us forward.

Absolutely fantastic game from his yesterday.

I think we may have finally found our four horseman (those who have been around this site for a long time will know the reference) in Scully, Trengove, McKenzie and Grimes!

Correct, and Adelaide threw a heap of cash to entice him over.

For us to eb successful we need a couple more McKenzie 'types' to support our talent in Scully, Trengove & Grimes. You have to hand it to the FD for putting together such an exciting list

Another McKenzie "type" may be Jordan Gysberts. Apparently he's supposed to be a bit of a hard nut!

And he's 190cm tall: good size for an onballer!

Edited by Dee Dee

Love love love him.

Goes about his business, is HARD at the ball and the man and is surprisingly good with his disposal.

Does anyone know why he wasn't picked up in the draft? What were his major deficiencies according to the recruiters?

Jordie was injured for the majority of his final year at the Falcons.

Didnt get much chance to show his wares to recruiters and his previous year was solid without being outstanding.

Edit:

I think he had chronic shin splints, but I can't quite remember.

At the halfway mark of the season each team is able to upgrade a rookie to the senior list regardless of LTIs.

He is an absolute cert to keep his spot, even with our weak ruck stocks. It might mean Gawn or Fitzy play rapier than expected, as Spencer won't stay up this season unless another injury occurs.

Jordie's success has effectively killed any chance Newton, Hughes or Healey have of surviving.

Edited by Enforcer25

Amazingly he was always standing smack bang in the middle of the corridor, on his own, waiting to get the ball and really drive us forward.

I think we may have finally found our four horseman (those who have been around this site for a long time will know the reference) in Scully, Trengove, McKenzie and Grimes!

I still think that McKenzie will provide 'support' to the four horsemen (man, that brings back memories, mostly poor). I think either Blease or Gysberts will take the final place.

Still, having McKenzie around is great for the club.

Loving this kid impressive in the preseason, on rookie players I've seen he

is the only who has deserved his elevation to senior list.

Stats from Weekend: Kicks 12, Handballs 6, Marks 5, Tackles 12, Disp eff 72%, Inside 50m 5.

Keep up the great effort with that sort of hard work he'll give the coach no choice but to pick him every week.

McKenzie really surprised me yesterday with his ball use, kicking and awareness of his teammates.

Instead of getting the ball then looking for an option be seemed to already know exactly where he was going to deliver it.

Evidence of a gameplan & a player capable of following it..?

Edited by Enforcer25

Refresh my memory:

McLean, Sylvia, Moloney and Bell???

I can't speak highly enough of this kid. Fancy knocking back an opportunity to play for Adelaide just to stay on Melbourne's rookie list.

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell

McKenzie really surprised me yesterday with his ball use, kicking and awareness of his teammates.

Instead of getting the ball then looking for an option be seemed to already know exactly where he was going to deliver it.

Evidence of a gameplan & a player capable of following it..?

The whole team seemed like they knew what the other player was thinking, they just knew where to put the ball, and the were hitting their targets. I was UBER impressed yesterday :)

Jordie is HARD AT IT! This is something we have lacked for some time. Nothing thrills me more than the thought of becoming the rough hard tackling team of the AFL. A few more hard nuts and teams will think twice about that extra bounce.

Jordie has won the fans over!

Refresh my memory:

McLean, Sylvia, Moloney and Bell???

I can't speak highly enough of this kid. Fancy knocking back an opportunity to play for Adelaide just to stay on Melbourne's rookie list.

JM knocked back the crows offer, because he could see what I could see, about the crows and the dees, the crows are in the same position the dees where in 2007 in the start of that year lots of people predicted that the Dees where a flag fav,But we had a few injuries, and our good player became old over night, white yze and co all lost it at the same time, when you looked at our list that year it was full of 30 plus players, lot of experience, but we had 14 player had post season operation after 2006.

So when you have an advanced list like we had that year it only takes a poor preseason for it to all full to pieces, if you look at the Crows list of today and the dees list of 2007 you will find lots of similares, i looked at the crows list, they have three players that are 33 years and over, McLeod,Edwards,Goodwin, these three players are in the crows best 10 player, you cant relay on that many player in you top 10 being over the age os 33, also Burton is 31 coming of a knee, very few player do a knee at his age and play for every long afterwards. They have had a bad preseason, with injuries and they only beat as after the siren in the preseason, we should beat them next week if we play like we did with the mags. NOW JM could see the dees having the best list in two years time, and the crows will lose all three player McLeod Goodwin and Edwards at seasons end and maybe Burton as well, this will leave a huge hole in there list, and they will get no help from the drift in the next two seasons, with the two new teams coming in. If we beat them this week Craig might have no choice but to use the rebuild word, and yes they do have few good young players, also i think that Craig has been exposed in his game plan, which relays heavily in being fit, when the crows look at drafting players they look at a player engine first, if a player does not have that engine level when they are drafted then the crows will not pick them, so because the crows game plan is on hard running and since the have had a poor pre season, Too many of there players have not got the runn in there legs in there preseason, there list is underdone, and if you do not have that fitness level, to play Craig game plan then the crows have no game plan at all.

NOW JM is a smart man, and he will be a every good player, Craig is a very good judge of players, he makes very few mistakes in drafting, so If anyone can spot a good player it is Neil Craig. IT's just he has not made the hard decision on his playing list, with all the older players in his side, he needed to move on a few older players,but they where still in his top 10 so he could not bring himself the make these hard decision. This could bee the begin of the end with Neil unless he can make these decision on his own. Now JM is our replacement for junior

JM knocked back the crows offer, because he could see what I could see, about the crows and the dees, the crows are in the same position the dees where in 2007 in the start of that year lots of people predicted that the Dees where a flag fav,But we had a few injuries, and our good player became old over night, white yze and co all lost it at the same time, when you looked at our list that year it was full of 30 plus players, lot of experience, but we had 14 player had post season operation after 2006.

So when you have an advanced list like we had that year it only takes a poor preseason for it to all full to pieces, if you look at the Crows list of today and the dees list of 2007 you will find lots of similares, i looked at the crows list, they have three players that are 33 years and over, McLeod,Edwards,Goodwin, these three players are in the crows best 10 player, you cant relay on that many player in you top 10 being over the age os 33, also Burton is 31 coming of a knee, very few player do a knee at his age and play for every long afterwards. They have had a bad preseason, with injuries and they only beat as after the siren in the preseason, we should beat them next week if we play like we did with the mags. NOW JM could see the dees having the best list in two years time, and the crows will lose all three player McLeod Goodwin and Edwards at seasons end and maybe Burton as well, this will leave a huge hole in there list, and they will get no help from the drift in the next two seasons, with the two new teams coming in. If we beat them this week Craig might have no choice but to use the rebuild word, and yes they do have few good young players, also i think that Craig has been exposed in his game plan, which relays heavily in being fit, when the crows look at drafting players they look at a player engine first, if a player does not have that engine level when they are drafted then the crows will not pick them, so because the crows game plan is on hard running and since the have had a poor pre season, Too many of there players have not got the runn in there legs in there preseason, there list is underdone, and if you do not have that fitness level, to play Craig game plan then the crows have no game plan at all.

NOW JM is a smart man, and he will be a every good player, Craig is a very good judge of players, he makes very few mistakes in drafting, so If anyone can spot a good player it is Neil Craig. IT's just he has not made the hard decision on his playing list, with all the older players in his side, he needed to move on a few older players,but they where still in his top 10 so he could not bring himself the make these hard decision. This could bee the begin of the end with Neil unless he can make these decision on his own. Now JM is our replacement for junior

That is an absolutely awesome post. I couldn't agree more with this and that's why we'll win on the week-end.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

JM knocked back the crows offer, because he could see what I could see, about the crows and the dees, the crows are in the same position the dees where in 2007.

Best post I have seen here for a long, long time.

Can I copy it to show some Crows mates? Not for a stir but for an honest critique?

Best post I have seen here for a long, long time.

Can I copy it to show some Crows mates? Not for a stir but for an honest critique?

YES you can i have hates those crows since 1998 they should have never been allowed to play another final in 1998 after we beat them in the first final by 45 points, no team should get second chances when you Finnish 5 on the ladder

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

YES you can i have hates those crows since 1998 they should have never been allowed to play another final in 1998 after we beat them in the first final by 45 points, no team should get second chances when you Finnish 5 on the ladder

Done ;)

So many young players coming through. Yet we have not seen players such as Blease (who is nearly there), Gysberts, Tapscott play AFL. And players like Jurrah, Wonna, Garland, Sylvia, Morton, Watts, Bell, Jetta to only name a few have yet to play this season. This year should be the turning point for the Dees, Not to say we will win all the games, but they will be competitive and play 4 quarters of football week in week out.. :)

Jordie ROCKS.

Edited by Sturmmann

A lot of unfounded speculation there...

JM is a great kid, but he is just that - a loyal kid, not a "smart man".

Neil Craig is a very very good coach, but he is not their recruitment guru, that role belongs to Matt Rendell, I believe.

And the crows have stockpiled a lot of tall young talent. They are in a transition stage, but are by no means anything like Melb in 2007.

The whole team seemed like they knew what the other player was thinking, they just knew where to put the ball, and the were hitting their targets. I was UBER impressed yesterday :)

A bit of self belief / confidence goes a long way.

It was the 1st time in 2010 that they kicked the 1st goal. It lifted the spirit in the team. Then the run came.

I had always liked MacK,

I have the same feeling about Tapscott, though he is yet to play. Just got a feeling about him.

He will add more strength - hardness.Just need to get him on the park,and game time.